Windows 10: MSI Company gave me a win 10 pro key with validity issues

Discus and support MSI Company gave me a win 10 pro key with validity issues in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How can I check if a win 10 pro key is valid and proprietary in singular and owner use mode only or not? I asked the company and they didn't respond. A... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tom Rossi, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Tom Rossi Win User

MSI Company gave me a win 10 pro key with validity issues

How can I check if a win 10 pro key is valid and proprietary in singular and owner use mode only or not? I asked the company and they didn't respond. A check with software gives a mak count -1 and a rtm version. What does this mean? If I had to reinstall in a future it could not be available anymore?Thanks to anyone could help me understand please. I think the company tries to escape the question and don't give me a real answer.

:)

Tom Rossi, Dec 2, 2021

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Dec 2, 2021
  3. Windows 10 pro 1903 will not update to Win 10 Pro 1909

Notes:

1) Computer originaly used Win 7 Pro OA (OEM)

2) Reformatted the HD

3) Used Win10 Pro version 1903 to install on the Win 7 Pro OA (OEM) based computer.

4) Used the OA Product Key that was listed on the Computers Case.

5) Installation completed.
    Program confirms activation is valid.

6) Win 10 Pro will not list an available upgrade to Win 10 pro version 1909.

Sparkey1000, Dec 2, 2021
  4. MSI Company gave me a win 10 pro key with validity issues

Valid Win7 Product Key not accepted by Win 10 upgrade

Hi,

I did not realise I had been at all vague, my apologies.

Unfortunately my neighbour now has his laptop back as I got nowhere. I have suggested he wait until the windows 10 upgrade system makes it available through windows update (it is in the queue).

As stated, I have tried running from the media created by the media creation tool to a USB (this is what I used to successfully upgrade my laptop and surface Pro). I have also run the media creation tool and opted for it to upgrade directly rather than save the files.

The operating system is Win7 Home premium OEM version. The key is valid and I re-validated it to be sure with the MS online actvation system. The laptop is 64-bit.

On each occasion it goes through the initial install steps and then gets to the screen where it asks for the product key.

On this screen there is no skip option and as the product key is not accepted, the only option is to cancel the install.

For some reason the upgrade seems to be taking a different path on this machine and does not give the skip option.

Regards
    Mike

mikepaterson, Dec 2, 2021
Thema:

MSI Company gave me a win 10 pro key with validity issues

1. MSI Company gave me a win 10 pro key with validity issues - Similar Threads - MSI Company gave

2. Windows 10 Pro Product Key not valid

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro Product Key not valid: I purchased Windows 10 Pro on Amazon on 1/16/2019 for work. Installed in on a desktop workstation, no problem. Then decommissioned the workstation last year. Now I have a laptop that was purchase by the owner and has given to the business with Windows 10 Home, so I attempted...
  3. Windows 10 Pro Product Key not valid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Product Key not valid: I purchased Windows 10 Pro on Amazon on 1/16/2019 for work. Installed in on a desktop workstation, no problem. Then decommissioned the workstation last year. Now I have a laptop that was purchase by the owner and has given to the business with Windows 10 Home, so I attempted...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Product Key not valid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MSI Company gave me a win 10 pro key with validity issues

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MSI Company gave me a win 10 pro key with validity issues: How can I check if a win 10 pro key is valid and proprietary in singular and owner use mode only or not? I asked the company and they didn't respond. A check with software gives a mak count -1 and a rtm version. What does this mean? If I had to reinstall in a future it could...
  6. MSI Company gave me a win 10 pro key with validity issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSI Company gave me a win 10 pro key with validity issues: How can I check if a win 10 pro key is valid and proprietary in singular and owner use mode only or not? I asked the company and they didn't respond. A check with software gives a mak count -1 and a rtm version. What does this mean? If I had to reinstall in a future it could...
  7. Win 10 Home to 10 Pro upgrade for my company

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Home to 10 Pro upgrade for my company: Once upon a time, we had employees buy their own laptops and were reimbursed. Now we have a centralized IT help group. We are a O365/Azure shop now. All the machines had Win 10, but everyone bought Win 10 Home and not Win 10 Pro. All the Win 10 Home licenses were retail OEM...
  8. Win 10 Pro issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Pro issue: When I attempt to shutdown the PC by choosing 'shutdown' from the start menu it will appear to shutdown but then start again. I've tried many of the so called fixes and none correct the issue. Got frustrated and wiped my drives clean (all 4 of them) and guess what? The...
  9. Win Edition Tutorial gave me 2 Win Edition as Answer ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win Edition Tutorial gave me 2 Win Edition as Answer ?: Hello how come i get 2 different answers on witch Win edition i have. I checked all the different options from the Tutorial on how tot check Win edition. Almost al option to check say 10 Home Edtion but with 2 check option it says Core Idition. This is when i used: cmd:...
  10. Win Edtion Tutorial gave me 2 Win Edtion as Answer ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win Edtion Tutorial gave me 2 Win Edtion as Answer ?: Hello how come i get 2 different answers on witch Win edition i have. I checked all the different options from the Tutorial on how tot check Win edition. Almost al option to check say 10 Home Edtion but with 2 check option it says Core Idition. This is when i used: cmd:...