Windows 10: MSI files blocked

Discus and support MSI files blocked in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Upgrade files with the extension .msi bring up messageboxes that have some variant of, "Another installation process is running, wait until that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Stonecherub, Jan 19, 2019.

1. MSI files blocked

Upgrade files with the extension .msi bring up messageboxes that have some variant of, "Another installation process is running, wait until that finishes." This has been an ongoing problem for me for YEARS! Usually, I can run them after a restart, but no more. Process explorer does not find msiexec.exe running, and has not since I reinstalled windows 10 in November (because of this problem).

Searching for a solution, I find a big bunch of people having the same problem. My computing stops here if I cannot upgrade or install new software, and, right now, I can't.

We, the users, need a solution! Please?

:)

Stonecherub, Jan 19, 2019
  2. LGV
    LGV Win User

How To Block Facebook

Step 1. Explore C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.
    Step 2. Look for a file named as hosts, then open it with Notepad.
    Step 3. At the bottom of the file, add the line as shown below:
    127.0.0.1 www.blockingsite1.com
    We have just shown you www.blockingsite 1.com as example only, replace it with the actual URL so that they are inaccessible to all.
    Step 4. Simultaneously if you have more websites that would like to be blocked, just press Enter and repeat step 3 to add additional URL until all desired websites are added. Now make “Enter” at the last line of the UR
    Step 5. Save and close the file.
    After doing the above formalities all websites that you have entered will be blocked with immediate effect. Definitely this theory will help you to prevent certain websites from being accessed by your kids or anybody else for any reason.

3. Cannot install MSI files in Windows 10

Easiest way is to start the msi file via Windows command line and open the command line 'run as administrator'!

• Click Start.

• In the Start Search box, type cmd, and then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER

• Switch in the cmd to the MSI path and install the msi via cmd

Kahle Markus, Jan 19, 2019
  4. pigulici Win User

MSI files blocked

List website to block in host file

So , recent I learn that I can block the ads on my pc if I put the ip address of that ads in the host file to go on 127.0.0.1, well I did not escape from all ads but I am not rely only on browser addons(take some work on cpu), also I like host idea because I can control it and block before enter on pc, not on browser, I put the list from here:
    http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.txt
    now I see another list who seems good too:
    http://www.malwaredomainlist.com/hostslist/hosts.txt

I know this lists are not forever,I must check periodical for changes, but I want to know if are another, maybe, best list(updated periodical).

Look like the one from malwaredomainlist.com it is to aggressive, even yahoo messenger will not connect, so I will stay with http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.txt for now, maybe athers will post their finds.

pigulici, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

MSI files blocked

1. MSI files blocked - Similar Threads - MSI files blocked

2. .msi files not downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .msi files not downloading: whenever i try to install a msi file it keeps showing select an app to open the msi file. it is however not downloading. I am using windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msi-files-not-downloading/c230507e-dae3-438c-9d18-faf64820f080
  3. .msi files not downloading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .msi files not downloading: whenever i try to install a msi file it keeps showing select an app to open the msi file. it is however not downloading. I am using windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msi-files-not-downloading/c230507e-dae3-438c-9d18-faf64820f080
  4. Msi install option to block uninstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Msi install option to block uninstall: Hi,We currently have an app deployed in our production environment. It is necessary that the deployed app cannot be uninstalled by the users themselves so we want to be able to block the uninstall. I was just wondering if there is a msi install option that enforces this...
  5. Msi install option to block uninstall

Msi install option to block uninstall: Hi,We currently have an app deployed in our production environment. It is necessary that the deployed app cannot be uninstalled by the users themselves so we want to be able to block the uninstall. I was just wondering if there is a msi install option that enforces this...
  6. Msi install option to block uninstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. MSI files refuse to install.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MSI files refuse to install.: Hello Lately, I have been having trouble with the .msi format files. Things like the Minecraft installer and the Epic Games Launcher installer have been difficult/impossible. Whenever I double click on a .msi file to install something, it may bring up the wizard, but as...
  8. restore MSI file

in Windows 10 Customization
    restore MSI file: restore Msi file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-msi-file/09684f9b-325b-4671-afa6-bb07db7b6d3b
  9. MSI TEMP FILES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MSI TEMP FILES: Hello everyone, I am Rohit, i recently updated my windows build version from 1809 to 1903, since then i am facing the issue of multiple msi####.temp folders being created all over my pc, these files are getting created everywhere in my C; drive, on my D; drive and all drives...
  10. can't locate .msi file

can't locate .msi file: I recently updated Paintshop Pro X9 to Paintshop Pro 2019 (purchased online with a digital download). Today I was advised that there was an update and tried to install it. however very soon after the update started it requested the location of the PSPPro.msi file. Despite...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msi blocked

2. msi flies blocked by windows

3. how to block msi files