Windows 10: .msi files cannot be installed. Install / Uninstall app cannot be launched.

Discus and support .msi files cannot be installed. Install / Uninstall app cannot be launched. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello there. I'm facing serious problem right now. I wanted to learn JavaScript and have to download the language. The language file is in .msi types.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MuhammadZulhusni, Sep 8, 2020.

1. .msi files cannot be installed. Install / Uninstall app cannot be launched.

Hello there. I'm facing serious problem right now. I wanted to learn JavaScript and have to download the language. The language file is in .msi types. When I want to install, as it almost finished installing, the error popped up and said: .msi files cannot be installed. Install / Uninstall app cannot be launched. 1a8dfa66-9edc-49dc-a805-30f80dea2f98?upload=true.png

I tried to look up in the net, tried EVERYTHING as I told, but it won't solve this issue. Even using command prompt as they suggested. I really hope somebody out there have the answer to this problem. I'm a student too. I need to install the conference app, but since the file is in .msi, I cannot do anything to install since it will pop this message up as above.

:)

MuhammadZulhusni, Sep 8, 2020
  2. Hinek Win User

Uninstalling JRE but .msi is missing

Ok, now I got it:

1. Downloaded and started jre-8u101-windows-i586.exe
    2. The Install failed in the second step with an error code, but as long as the installer is still open I could find a jre1.8.0_101.msi where the uninstall process searches for jre1.8.0_101full.msi (notice the difference in name)
    3. Copied the file to a different directory and renamed it jre1.8.0_101full.msi
    4. Closed the installer (directory and jre1.8.0_101.msi get deleted)
    5. Started the uninstall process and changed the path to my new directory.

Thanks @Biswapriyo for your help!

Hinek, Sep 8, 2020
  3. 0pTicaL Win User
    "Application Install install package failure!" while installing 13.9

Running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and MSI 6970 Lightning.

I was upgrading from 13.4 after I did a clean uninstall with AMD Catalyst Install Manager.

Doesn't say what installation failed in the install log. Everything in the log says Success but at the very bottom it says "Application Install: install package failure!" but doesn't say what failed to install.

I only install video drivers and no CCC.

The only thing I noticed is AMD Catalyst Install Manager is not listed in my programs list.

0pTicaL, Sep 8, 2020
  4. Anusha Win User

.msi files cannot be installed. Install / Uninstall app cannot be launched.

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink .msi files cannot be installed. Install / Uninstall app cannot be launched. ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

.msi files cannot be installed. Install / Uninstall app cannot be launched.

1. .msi files cannot be installed. Install / Uninstall app cannot be launched. - Similar Threads - msi files cannot

2. Cannot install msi files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install msi files: I am having trouble installing files with the msi tag at the end. According to services whenever I try to run the windows installer service it gives me an error message and can not start. I am on a thinkpad and the operating system is windows. What would be the best approach...
  3. Cannot install msi files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install msi files: I am having trouble installing files with the msi tag at the end. According to services whenever I try to run the windows installer service it gives me an error message and can not start. I am on a thinkpad and the operating system is windows. What would be the best approach...
  4. I got problems cannot install application, installed apps cannot launched/opened and it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got problems cannot install application, installed apps cannot launched/opened and it...: #Windows10 I've been having problems with my windows laptop for weeks now. 1. Always asking to "check disk", when booting it says "if you want to skip disk checking press any key". in these few weeks I sometimes skip it, but last night I decided to check the disk and fix it...
  5. I got problems cannot install application, installed apps cannot launched/opened and it...

I got problems cannot install application, installed apps cannot launched/opened and it...: #Windows10 I've been having problems with my windows laptop for weeks now. 1. Always asking to "check disk", when booting it says "if you want to skip disk checking press any key". in these few weeks I sometimes skip it, but last night I decided to check the disk and fix it...
  6. Cannot install .msi file in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install .msi file in windows 11: i am trying to installl mysql-installer-community-8.0.32.0.msi but its showing there is no such app to install your file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-msi-file-in-windows-11/5a8d8c2b-6896-41b1-88d3-465ddced8d71
  7. Cannot install .msi file in windows 11

Cannot install .msi file in windows 11: i am trying to installl mysql-installer-community-8.0.32.0.msi but its showing there is no such app to install your file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-msi-file-in-windows-11/5a8d8c2b-6896-41b1-88d3-465ddced8d71
  8. MSI files cannot install

MSI files cannot install: Hi, After the last failed (umpteen'th attempt from Microsoft) to update to Windows 10 Pro 1903 on my Lenovo T430 laptop running W10 Pro 1803 build 17134.1304 and again failing with "Failed to install on 21.07.?2020 - 0xc1900101", I suddenly cannot install MSI files. The...
  9. cannot install .msi files anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot install .msi files anymore: Good day all, All of a sudden, I cannot install .msi files anymore. [img] I tried a few things as a quick fix but no success. Any idea how to resolve this issue ? I’m clueluess and would like to avoid formatting/reinstalling the OS Counting on the geek force within the...
  10. msi package cannot be installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    msi package cannot be installed: When I try to install any msi-based program (in my case VirtualBox but also 7zip) I get following error messages: "the system could not open the specified device or file." and then "the installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a...