Windows 10: .msi files do not work any longer on my windows 10

Discus and support .msi files do not work any longer on my windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Suddenly .msi files dont load or extract on my laptop. I tempered with the regedit at a point though. The error image is below. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KelvinUkuejubola, Nov 2, 2019.

1. .msi files do not work any longer on my windows 10

Suddenly .msi files dont load or extract on my laptop.

I tempered with the regedit at a point though. The error image is below.

.msi files do not work any longer on my windows 10 93412f7c-4c07-4ebd-9070-368f476fd2e1?upload=true.png

:)

KelvinUkuejubola, Nov 2, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 2, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 2, 2019
  4. .msi files do not work any longer on my windows 10

Corrupt msi file under Windows 10

I followed your suggestion (after figuring out how to get a command prompt in safe mode). The REG ADD and restart of the msiserver appeared to work correctly, but I continued to get the same message about not finding a valid msi file.

I loaded the HP Support Assistant on my other machine, and after much searching, found the associated msi file, and copied it, to move to the HP laptop. I noticed that the uninstall on the HP machine is looking at a sub-directory of Program Data for the
    msi file, while my non-HP machine is looking in C:\Windows\Installer for the file. Both machines are running Windows 10, version 1511, build 10586.104.

I'll try the copied msi file next time I have access to the laptop, unless you have another suggestion.

Thanks again

LawrenceGibb, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

.msi files do not work any longer on my windows 10

1. .msi files do not work any longer on my windows 10 - Similar Threads - msi files longer

2. OneDrive no longer shows any of my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive no longer shows any of my files: Hi,I noticed that onedrive is no longer synching my files to the cloud. This has probably going on for a while.I am on Windows 10. In my toolbar I have 2 OneDrive icons. One says it is connected and everything is up to date.The other icon says it is not able to sign in.When I...
  3. OneDrive no longer shows any of my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive no longer shows any of my files: Hi,I noticed that onedrive is no longer synching my files to the cloud. This has probably going on for a while.I am on Windows 10. In my toolbar I have 2 OneDrive icons. One says it is connected and everything is up to date.The other icon says it is not able to sign in.When I...
  4. OneDrive no longer shows any of my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsofteasyfix55051.msi no longer exist and there is no downloadable work around.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsofteasyfix55051.msi no longer exist and there is no downloadable work around.: I have found MS15-124 vulnerability pop on a test machine and have been unable to find a work around. Microsofteasyfix55051.msi no longer exist so I tried to make the registry change to what it specified but still it comes up in the vulnerability scan" using 2012R2 with IE...
  6. Microsofteasyfix55051.msi no longer exist and there is no downloadable work around.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsofteasyfix55051.msi no longer exist and there is no downloadable work around.: I have found MS15-124 vulnerability pop on a test machine and have been unable to find a work around. Microsofteasyfix55051.msi no longer exist so I tried to make the registry change to what it specified but still it comes up in the vulnerability scan" using 2012R2 with IE...
  7. home network file sharing no longer works after any windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    home network file sharing no longer works after any windows 10 updates: I would really like to know how and why after windows 10 does an update on either my desktop or laptop I can no longer sharing files between the 2 computers. In fact they no longer acknowledge the the other computer is even on my network. And when this does happen it's a real...
  8. May 2020 Updates to Windows 10 can no longer install MSI files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    May 2020 Updates to Windows 10 can no longer install MSI files: Although i havent been able to limit the issue to a specific update. Shortly after our clients got last months updates we started getting issues come in where MSI files pushed by SCCM or even installed interactively would no longer install. Installs known to be effected at...
  9. F.lux and night do not work any longer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    F.lux and night do not work any longer: I dont know if its due to windows update or connecting my laptop to my tv via hdmi cable. I tried so much but it still is not working, reinstalled drivers, fast startup off, changed registry settings etc. Also i noticed that night light is also not working but i am able to...
  10. Can`t install any .msi file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can`t install any .msi file: Can`t install any .msi file. Shows this message: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/cant-install-any-msi-file/6635c606-200c-48c1-889c-5733f08becc9