Windows 10: MSI GE72 7RE-211CA Apache Pro Unable to Update to Windows 10 20H2

Discus and support MSI GE72 7RE-211CA Apache Pro Unable to Update to Windows 10 20H2 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all, I have an MSI GE72 7RE-211CA Apache Pro. Every time Windows 10 Pro tries to update to build 20H2 I get the following error. Anyone know why I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ddn2003, Jun 12, 2021.

1. ddn2003 Win User

MSI GE72 7RE-211CA Apache Pro Unable to Update to Windows 10 20H2

Hi all, I have an MSI GE72 7RE-211CA Apache Pro. Every time Windows 10 Pro tries to update to build 20H2 I get the following error. Anyone know why I can't update? Currently stuck on build 1909.

:)

ddn2003, Jun 12, 2021
  2. ddn2003 Win User

GE72 7RE-211CA Apache Pro (Windows 10 Pro) Constant Blue Screens

For the last little while I've been getting blue screens on my Windows 10 Pro laptop. There are 2 causes I get. One is DPC_Watchdog_violation and the other is tcpip.sys. After updating the BIOS and Firmware to the latest posted on the MSI site, they stopped for a while, then have started up again. I have also reset the TCP/IP stack several times. They happen nearly daily while I'm at work and the PC is not working. I'll VNC in and it will work and 30 minutes later, I won't be able to get in again, because it has blue screened. The biggest issue is that the laptop doesn't reboot. It sits on the blue screen.

Here's my setup.

GE72 7RE-211CA Apache Pro
    Windows 10 64-bit (upgraded to Pro)
    WD My Book USB 3.0 3TB
    WD My Passport USB 3.0 2TB
    (I have tried them individually connected to USB 3.0 ports and using a USB-C to USB 3.0 Hub)
    Logitech MX Anywhere 2S connected via Bluetooth
    Both video cards updated
    Killer NIC and Intel Wireless and Bluetooth updated.
    Steelseries keyboard updated.

The only thing I see in the Event Logs is:
    The speed of processor 0 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 63 seconds since the last report.
    The speed of processor 1 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 63 seconds since the last report.
    The speed of processor 2 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 63 seconds since the last report.
    The speed of processor 3 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 63 seconds since the last report.
    The speed of processor 4 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 63 seconds since the last report.
    The speed of processor 5 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 63 seconds since the last report.
    The speed of processor 6 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 63 seconds since the last report.
    The speed of processor 7 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 63 seconds since the last report.

These initially went away after the firmware upgrade, but have since returned.

I don't know what else to do. It has become so frustrating.

Please help!

ddn2003, Jun 12, 2021
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    The built in webcam on my MSI GE72 laptop is not working and there are no drivers under imaging devices in the device manager

Here is the
    MSI Community Forum
    where you can contact other users of the GE72.

Here is the link to
    MSI driver support for the GE72
    . If MSI is supporting the GE72 on Windows 10, you'll find a compatible driver there. The same link brings to a place where you can ask questions.

If MSI is not supporting the GE72 on Windows 10 you're out of luck. Only MSI can write a driver for MSI products.

BulldogXX, Jun 12, 2021
  4. Kevzombie Win User

Suggestions for an SSD for my MSI GE62VR 7RF Apache Pro ?

Suggestions for an SSD for my MSI GE62VR 7RF Apache Pro ? Bought an MSI Apache Pro back in February on sale, opted for one without SSD so I could put one of my choosing. My first gaming laptop I've owned, and when I built my PC years ago I wasn't in the market for M.2 SSD's. Any suggestions ?

Kevzombie, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

1. MSI GE72 7RE-211CA Apache Pro Unable to Update to Windows 10 20H2 - Similar Threads - MSI GE72 7RE

2. Netframe exception MSI GE72

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Netframe exception MSI GE72: I have an unhandled exception: Field not found: "WPFOSD.GraphicsSwitchWnd.str_MarketingName I've tried going through the process of checking and unchecking 3.5 and 4 advanced net frame features and it didn't work....
  3. Netframe exception MSI GE72

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Netframe exception MSI GE72: I have an unhandled exception: Field not found: "WPFOSD.GraphicsSwitchWnd.str_MarketingName I've tried going through the process of checking and unchecking 3.5 and 4 advanced net frame features and it didn't work....
  4. Netframe exception MSI GE72

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Sound to soft msi ge72vr Apache Pro win 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound to soft msi ge72vr Apache Pro win 10.: I used the Win troubleshooter and permitted it to load a new driver while trying to solve a different problem. Immediately it reduced the maximum volume of my speakers toward a whisper. It now says my RealTek speakers are "Microsoft High Definition Audio Device" and I can't...
  6. Sound to soft msi ge72vr Apache Pro win 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound to soft msi ge72vr Apache Pro win 10.: I used the Win troubleshooter and permitted it to load a new driver while trying to solve a different problem. Immediately it reduced the maximum volume of my speakers toward a whisper. It now says my RealTek speakers are "Microsoft High Definition Audio Device" and I can't...
  7. Sound to soft msi ge72vr Apache Pro win 10.

8. Accidentally deleted steelseries ps/2 keyboard from MSI GE72 6QF Apache Pro - How can I...

Accidentally deleted steelseries ps/2 keyboard from MSI GE72 6QF Apache Pro - How can I...: I have tried to scan for hardware changes, Restart & scan for hardware changes. Change from 3 to 1 in the registry editor. I cannot get anything to work....
  9. GE72 7RE-211CA Apache Pro (Windows 10 Pro) Constant Blue Screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GE72 7RE-211CA Apache Pro (Windows 10 Pro) Constant Blue Screens: For the last little while I've been getting blue screens on my Windows 10 Pro laptop. There are 2 causes I get. One is DPC_Watchdog_violation and the other is tcpip.sys. After updating the BIOS and Firmware to the latest posted on the MSI site, they stopped for a while, then...
  10. Instaling Windows 10 on a new ssd drive.. MSI ge72 2qd apache pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Instaling Windows 10 on a new ssd drive.. MSI ge72 2qd apache pro: I ordered a new western digital 250gb ssd drive blue for my laptop. I can install the new drive no problem. My question is how do I go about loading Windows 10 onto the new hard drive ? I'm not worried about saving any thing from the old hard drive..A new instal is ok with...