Windows 10: MSI GF63 gaming laptop screen keeps flickering for a unknown reason

Discus and support MSI GF63 gaming laptop screen keeps flickering for a unknown reason in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Randomly if I'm YouTube or any other app Google, Microsoft edge, Brave my laptop screen sometimes would periodically flicker. For example, the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MatthewCrowe2, Jun 25, 2022.

1. MSI GF63 gaming laptop screen keeps flickering for a unknown reason

Randomly if I'm YouTube or any other app Google, Microsoft edge, Brave my laptop screen sometimes would periodically flicker. For example, the screen would turn black for at most 1 second. I'm not sure if it's my laptop driver or if it's some kind of graphics issue. I have a gtx 1060 with a refresh rate of 60. I need help as soon as possible because I only have limited time to return my laptop. I spent around $700 for a laptop with a screen that keeps flickering. Please help.

:)

MatthewCrowe2, Jun 25, 2022
  2. Chino Win User

MSI Announces GF63 and PS42 Laptops with Thin Bezel Design

MSI, world's leading brand in gaming hardware, has lifted the curtain for its two brand new laptops at Computex 2018, the GF63 and the PS42. Respectively tailored for gamers and professionals, both models feature the ever-so-popular thin bezel design. The near edge-to-edge aesthetics are not only lighter in weight but also smaller in dimension. Together with the previously-announced GS65, MSI has set a new standard for portability with the "Thin Bezel Gaming" genre.

GF63: Bringing thin and light gaming to the mainstream.
    The brand new GF63 debuts in Computex with its 15.6" ultra slim footprint and thin bezel with measuring less than 2 kg in weight. Continuing MSI's gaming DNA and powerful performance, the GF63 carries up to 8th Gen. Intel Core i7 processor and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics, while lasting over 7 hours in battery life. The GF63 provides gamers a new choice of "portable gaming firepower!"

MSI GF63 gaming laptop screen keeps flickering for a unknown reason 7wTbDUvdyMGrdH9d_thm.jpg

MSI GF63 gaming laptop screen keeps flickering for a unknown reason BCGyyk3kfUipBWz9_thm.jpg

MSI GF63 gaming laptop screen keeps flickering for a unknown reason 43SRFnXp61y1cyjE_thm.jpg

MSI GF63 gaming laptop screen keeps flickering for a unknown reason ppJrkJh1sopMAg1c_thm.jpg

Featuring its performance is the brushed aluminum cover decorated by the signature red dragon shield, and a unique asymmetric dual-pattern underneath. The new aesthetic retains low profile while still flow the gaming blood. With optimization brought by the new MSI Dragon Center 2.0, the GF63 elevates the gaming experience. Thin, light, yet powerful, the GF63 makes "portable gaming" more accessible than ever!

PS42: Uncompromised performance configured in an elegant chassis
    The PS42 stands out from the MSI Computex booth with its elegant silver aesthetics. As a member of the "Prestige" Series, the PS42 represents a unique existence among MSI gaming line ups. The eye-catching new laptop comes with incredibly slim skeleton, mere 1.19 kg in weight and 15.9mm in height, while features an amazing 10+ hours battery life. The thin bezel along the display plays an important role to achieving such portable form factor. While been extremely thin, the PS42 still manages to pack much within: fingerprint sensor for security, NVIDIA GeForce discrete graphics, and up to 8th Gen. Intel Core i7 processor. Performance in an unprecedented chassis, the MSI PS42 presents both simplicity and elegance.

Extending beyond PC gaming
    Aside from new hardware, MSI is offering a glimpse at their upcoming software: the MSI APP Player. In exclusive collaboration with BlueStacks, the MSI APP Player grants the ability to bring mobile games onto gaming laptops. Mobile gamers can now enjoy their games with better performance, bigger display, and easier control, while also take advantage of the interactive RGB keyboard lighting.

Boosting home network with your gaming laptop
    MSI gaming laptops will also be featuring the latest Killer Wireless xTend Technology, which gives your home network a boost while improving online gaming experience at the same time.

Chino, Jun 25, 2022
  3. barndoor Win User
    Flickering and blinking laptop screen

I'm using a laptop with Windows 10 and an Intel HD Graphics 4600 display adaptor. A few days ago I attached a Dell D3000 dock to my laptop, and almost immediately my laptop screen started to flicker and repeatedly blink off and on again. I disconnected the dock, which did not resolve the problem, and since then I've tried various techniques to fix the problem, but none of them have worked. In order, this comprised of:

1. attempting system restore - but all five restore points were corrupted (?!);
    2. updating the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    3. rolling back the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    4. uninstalling the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    5. downloading Windows 10 from the Microsoft site and re-installing it.
    The problem has persisted even when I disconnected everything from my laptop, took it to my workplace, and switched it on there (using its battery for power); so the following possible reasons can be ruled out: its location in my house, any attached peripherals, a faulty power cable.

I am certain the problem is in some way connected to the Intel HD Graphics 4600 display adaptor:
    1. after I completely uninstalled it - which reverted the graphics card to the standard Microsoft one - the screen didn't flicker or blink once afterwards (I left the laptop switched on for about an hour without incident, whereas previously I would experience as many as ten 'events' a minute). This rules out a possible damaged connection between the body of the laptop and its screen. However, when Windows auto-installs updates it reinstates the Intel one...
    2. ...and when the laptop is switched on the screen flickers and repeatedly blinks off and on again...
    3. ...although, strangely, connecting an external monitor to the laptop (HDMI to HDMI) results in neither the laptop screen nor the external monitor flickering or blinking. The problem returns when I disconnect the HDMI cable from the HDMI port on the laptop.
    I now have the inescapable feeling that when I attached the dock I somehow fried the Intel display adaptor, and it isn't possible to fix it: I have read in the forums that replacing the graphics card on a laptop is well-nigh impossible. But if anyone else can suggest an approach I haven't yet tried I'd be very receptive!

As an aside, I contacted the retailer and they have sent me all of the drivers that are available for my system, but I don't know how to install them.

barndoor, Jun 25, 2022
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

MSI GF63 gaming laptop screen keeps flickering for a unknown reason

Camera for MSI GF63 8RC Not Working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate the efforts you have taken in trying to resolve this issue. We understand that you are unable to use Webcam on your MSI computer. However, it would be great if you can reply with the details requested below:

• What is the complete error message you receive when you open Camera App?
    • Do you see any unknown device in Device Manager?
    • Which build version of Windows is installed on the computer? To check type: winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer?

You may want to check the System Control Manager application and try enabling Camera from the application.

However, as you have mentioned that you are unable to find the Camera driver in Device Manager, we would suggest you to check for unknown devices in Device Manager.
    To check for unknown devices, you can press Windows key + X, and select
    Device Manager.

If you see any unknown device, right click on the device and select
    Update Driver.

You can also check for hidden drivers and see if the Camera drivers are hidden. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Click on View and select
      Show hidden devices
    3. Now, look for Imaging devices, and expand it.
    4. Right click on the driver and select Update Driver.
    5. Restart the computer once the driver is updated.

For additional information, see
    Camera doesn't work in Windows 10

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 25, 2022
Thema:

MSI GF63 gaming laptop screen keeps flickering for a unknown reason

1. MSI GF63 gaming laptop screen keeps flickering for a unknown reason - Similar Threads - MSI GF63 gaming

2. My MSI Thin GF63 12VE laptop games not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My MSI Thin GF63 12VE laptop games not working: Hey guys I bought my MSI Thin GF63 12VE 3 months ago and everything was running good. One day all my games suddenly had so many issues. For Roblox, it opens up to a white screen that I cant X out of. For Valorant, It opens up but the screen just freezes while the audio plays....
  3. My MSI Thin GF63 12VE laptop games not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My MSI Thin GF63 12VE laptop games not working: Hey guys I bought my MSI Thin GF63 12VE 3 months ago and everything was running good. One day all my games suddenly had so many issues. For Roblox, it opens up to a white screen that I cant X out of. For Valorant, It opens up but the screen just freezes while the audio plays....
  4. MSI GF63 Thin keeps shutting off randomly with no warning.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSI GF63 Thin keeps shutting off randomly with no warning.: Hello! I recently got my MSI on Christmas, 2021 and have been having many problems.It overheats really fast, and keeps shutting off every 1-30 minutes randomly while using. It's updated and I did everything I could do, but I am not sure what else to do since it's just...
  5. MSI GF63 Thin keeps shutting off randomly with no warning.

MSI GF63 Thin keeps shutting off randomly with no warning.: Hello! I recently got my MSI on Christmas, 2021 and have been having many problems.It overheats really fast, and keeps shutting off every 1-30 minutes randomly while using. It's updated and I did everything I could do, but I am not sure what else to do since it's just...
  6. MSI GF63 gaming laptop screen keeps flickering for a unknown reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSI GF63 gaming laptop screen keeps flickering for a unknown reason: Randomly if I'm YouTube or any other app Google, Microsoft edge, Brave my laptop screen sometimes would periodically flicker. For example, the screen would turn black for at most 1 second. I'm not sure if it's my laptop driver or if it's some kind of graphics issue. I have a...
  7. MSI GF63 gaming laptop screen keeps flickering for a unknown reason

MSI GF63 gaming laptop screen keeps flickering for a unknown reason: Randomly if I'm YouTube or any other app Google, Microsoft edge, Brave my laptop screen sometimes would periodically flicker. For example, the screen would turn black for at most 1 second. I'm not sure if it's my laptop driver or if it's some kind of graphics issue. I have a...
  8. Gaming laptop flicker screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming laptop flicker screen: I was playing games with my gaming laptop. I wanted to download a thing that is safe. When i downloaded my screen flickers purple and black sometimes it blocks my screen. When i restart the flicker is gone, but some time it flickers and stops everything. If you ask no I didnt...
  9. Screen flickering for unknown reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen flickering for unknown reason: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dysmondo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gtr6tw/screen_flickering_for_unknown_reason/
  10. Camera for MSI GF63 8RC Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera for MSI GF63 8RC Not Working: I have checked everything like putting up FN+F6 and still, the camera is not showing up. The camera gives an error that no camera is found. Also, checked the drivers but the driver was missing and checked the whole net but cannot find one good link to download the webcam...