Windows 10: MSI GS63 won't post (randomly)

Discus and support MSI GS63 won't post (randomly) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I will reboot my laptop and then when it's JUST about to turn off to reboot, it sticks there doing nothing. It never even makes it to turning off to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xCONFLiCTiONx, May 6, 2020.

1. MSI GS63 won't post (randomly)

I will reboot my laptop and then when it's JUST about to turn off to reboot, it sticks there doing nothing. It never even makes it to turning off to post again. This happens randomly.

Anyone have any idea what this is? I've ran all the tests that I can think of to see if it's a hardware issues and everything passes. I've installed the latest bios and even reinstalled it to rule out a bad bios installation. I've reset the bios, reinstalled windows, gone through all the settings and nothing is consistent enough in the changes I make to isolate what is causing this.

It was running really hot at first for a good week thinking that it was normal and then finally under-volt'ed which was ~95c down to ~85c on a heavy load. GPU still runs a bit hot, 91c, but it's locked so I can't under-volt.

MSI GS63 8RE
    Windows 10 x64 1903 completely updated...

:)

xCONFLiCTiONx, May 6, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, May 6, 2020
  3. Jetster Win User
    PC won´t POST no matter what

He forgot the last step. Throw it in the trash

Jetster, May 6, 2020
  4. MSI GS63 won't post (randomly)

cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 6, 2020
Thema:

MSI GS63 won't post (randomly)

1. MSI GS63 won't post (randomly) - Similar Threads - MSI GS63 won't

2. Random Crashes... details in post

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Crashes... details in post: Hey everyone, this community has rocked helping me out in the past, lets see what you all make of this :So for about a month my computer has been randomly freezing/black screen/reboot after 10 seconds. The mini dmp files were always vague with identifying hardware being...
  3. Random Crashes... details in post

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Crashes... details in post: Hey everyone, this community has rocked helping me out in the past, lets see what you all make of this :So for about a month my computer has been randomly freezing/black screen/reboot after 10 seconds. The mini dmp files were always vague with identifying hardware being...
  4. My pc won't post

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc won't post: My pc won't turn on but my cpu and gpu fans are spinning with no signal on monitor Things i tried1- reset cmos battery 2- cleaning and reseat ram3- cleaning and reseat gpuhttps://youtube.com/shorts/FDJLd8P0rJw?feature=share...
  5. My pc won't post

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc won't post: My pc won't turn on but my cpu and gpu fans are spinning with no signal on monitor Things i tried1- reset cmos battery 2- cleaning and reseat ram3- cleaning and reseat gpuhttps://youtube.com/shorts/FDJLd8P0rJw?feature=share...
  6. Random reboots, where to post?

in Windows 10 Support
    Random reboots, where to post?: I have an ASUS ROG Strix G15 Advanced Edition and it randomally reboots periodically. I don't know where to start to find why. ASUS - ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition 15.6" FHD Gaming Laptop - AMD Ryzen 9-5900HX - 16GB Memory - Radeon RX 6800M - 512GB SSD Model:G513QY-212.SG15...
  7. .MSI files won't open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .MSI files won't open: I bought a new pc with windows 10 and everything worked fine until I bought a new corsair k55 keyboard and tried install icue or cue2 on my pc, the installers are msi files, when I try to open them, my cursor has the blue circle and I can do anything on my desktop except move...
  8. IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL on Windows 10 MSI GS63 Stealth

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL on Windows 10 MSI GS63 Stealth: I've been having problems with getting blue screen on this computer and I've tried so many things and nothing has solved it. I even reset my entire computer and still blue screens on start up sometimes it actually boots in. Another thing is that when I go into "Dragon Center"...
  9. Getting code 10 error on my MSI GS63 8RE. Help??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting code 10 error on my MSI GS63 8RE. Help??: Laptop was working completely fine this morning then all of a sudden, it just stopped connecting to wifi. Any solutions?? submitted by /u/kaushiktare [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/duye95/getting_code_10_error_on_my_msi_gs63_8re_help/
  10. Won't book, won't post

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't book, won't post: Hi. I have problems I came to my pc today, and it wouldn't boot. After numerous attempts, and failure to enter the BIOS, I was shown the refresh/repair /reset page. I tried refresh, that did not resolve the issue. After a few more attempts to boot, I got that choice...