Windows 10: msi GT70 2OC Sound Blaster Cinema & Realtek audio drivers incompatibility after Windows 10...

Discus and support msi GT70 2OC Sound Blaster Cinema & Realtek audio drivers incompatibility after Windows 10... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; SOLVED I have a GT70 2OC from 2012/2013. After Windows 10 upgrade, I noticed crackling in the sound. I realized that if I uninstall the Realtek... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mckenziepiping, Nov 26, 2020.

1. msi GT70 2OC Sound Blaster Cinema & Realtek audio drivers incompatibility after Windows 10...

SOLVED

I have a GT70 2OC from 2012/2013. After Windows 10 upgrade, I noticed crackling in the sound.

I realized that if I uninstall the Realtek drivers (distributed by msi only until Win8.1) and use the generic Microsoft audio driver, the crackling goes away but then Sound Blaster Cinema (V1.00.04) tells me that the current audio device is not supported. The audio experience without SB Cinema is inadequate, because the full potential of the speakers cannot be unleashed and the max volume is very low.

So right now I need to choose between full and loud sound with intermittent crackling, or no crackling but consistently quiet and underwhelming sound.

Does anyone know a workaround for achieving the proper audio experience on a GT70 2OC running Windows 10? I'm pretty sure Nahimic drivers won't work because those were released way after this laptop's generation.

I'm aware of these related threads, but there doesn't appear to be a solution that works for the precise problem I'm describing:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/...blaster_cinema_compatibility_with_windows_10/

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...e/d28bb689-65f6-457b-85d5-3c18f1dd47f7?page=2

submitted by /u/mckenziepiping
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mckenziepiping, Nov 26, 2020

2. MSI Integrates Creative SoundBlaster Cinema Audio Technology into Select Motherboards

Sound Blaster Cinema does not actually produce virtual surround sound?

So I just got an msi GT70 2OC laptop which came with Sound Blaster Cinema pre-installed. Can somebody tell me why it is that when I'm gaming or listening to surround-sound capable files with a stereo headset, I don't hear surround sound? I thought Sound Blaster Cinema was supposed to supplement the Realtek soundcard in processing the audio so as to produce virtual surround sound that can be heard on a stereo headset?

mckenziepiping, Nov 26, 2020
  3. techyme Win User
    Upgrading MSI GT70 2OC 65US to Windows 10

Anyone who have upgraded their MSI GT70 2OC 65US laptop (or any other 2013 edition MSI laptops) from windows 8.1 to windows 10, having any issues ??? Please reply with details to help me decide whether to upgrade or not. I will even try to solve your problem
    to my full extent. Thanks in advance.

techyme, Nov 26, 2020
  4. msi GT70 2OC Sound Blaster Cinema & Realtek audio drivers incompatibility after Windows 10...

MSI Integrates Creative SoundBlaster Cinema Audio Technology into Select Motherboards

Chech the CRSS settings from the Creative Launcher, also some of the settings there. There are plenty to play with.

Prima.Vera, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

msi GT70 2OC Sound Blaster Cinema & Realtek audio drivers incompatibility after Windows 10...

1. msi GT70 2OC Sound Blaster Cinema & Realtek audio drivers incompatibility after Windows 10... - Similar Threads - msi GT70 2OC

2. No sound after updating Realtek Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound after updating Realtek Audio Drivers: I've been having issues with my front panel audio jack, but I recently got it to the point of detecting something being plugged in, but not playing audio. So I reinstalled my audio drivers. But now there's no sound from any of the audio jacks. Audio is shown as playing, but I...
  3. No sound after updating Realtek Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound after updating Realtek Audio Drivers: I've been having issues with my front panel audio jack, but I recently got it to the point of detecting something being plugged in, but not playing audio. So I reinstalled my audio drivers. But now there's no sound from any of the audio jacks. Audio is shown as playing, but I...
  4. Compatibility problem of Sound Blaster Cinema 6 with Realtek

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compatibility problem of Sound Blaster Cinema 6 with Realtek: Hello everyone,After one week of research I've found a solution to this well known problem. The problem is occurred after Realtek's new update. So, update Realtek, restart PC, then remove Sound Blaster Cinema 6. Install Sound Blaster Cinema 6+ instead. Problem fixed, case is...
  5. Compatibility problem of Sound Blaster Cinema 6 with Realtek

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Compatibility problem of Sound Blaster Cinema 6 with Realtek: Hello everyone,After one week of research I've found a solution to this well known problem. The problem is occurred after Realtek's new update. So, update Realtek, restart PC, then remove Sound Blaster Cinema 6. Install Sound Blaster Cinema 6+ instead. Problem fixed, case is...
  6. Compatibility problem of Sound Blaster Cinema 6 with Realtek

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. No sound after updating Realtek Audio drivers

No sound after updating Realtek Audio drivers: I had a problem with my headset Arctis 3 wherein when I plug it in, my laptop Acer Nitro 5, AN515-54 -- Windows 10 recognizes the device but still plays the audio on my speaker. I thought that my drivers were outdated so I tried installing a new one. I installed one from...
  8. SOLVED - msi GT70 2OC Sound Blaster Cinema & Realtek audio drivers incompatibility after...

SOLVED - msi GT70 2OC Sound Blaster Cinema & Realtek audio drivers incompatibility after...: I have a GT70 2OC from 2012/2013. After Windows 10 upgrade, I noticed crackling in the sound. I realized that if I uninstall the Realtek drivers distributed by msi only until Win8.1 and use the generic Microsoft audio driver, the crackling goes away but then Sound Blaster...
  9. msi GT70 2OC Sound Blaster Cinema & Realtek audio drivers incompatibility after Windows 10...

msi GT70 2OC Sound Blaster Cinema & Realtek audio drivers incompatibility after Windows 10...: I have a GT70 2OC from 2012/2013. After Windows 10 upgrade, I noticed crackling in the sound. I realized that if I uninstall the Realtek drivers distributed by msi only until Win8.1 and use the generic Microsoft audio driver, the crackling goes away but then Sound Blaster...
  10. Sound Blaster audio output

Sound Blaster audio output: I have a Dell Computer with Windows 10. Started out with Windows 7 and with automatic updates over the years to Windows 10. Problem: My sound system is Creative Sound Blaster “Recon3D PCIe.” After the last Windows update the sound has been unreliable, such as no sound...