Windows 10: MSI GTX 660 TI One Fan Stops After PC Start-up.

Discus and support MSI GTX 660 TI One Fan Stops After PC Start-up. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; After building my first desktop computer, and all is running very well. This is... The MSI GTX 660 TI graphic card with the two fans is not running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by JDZ710ALTractor, Aug 18, 2021.

1. MSI GTX 660 TI One Fan Stops After PC Start-up.

After building my first desktop computer, and all is running very well. This is... The MSI GTX 660 TI graphic card with the two fans is not running correctly, or something else is wrong. When I turn on the computer "both" fans run, but, after a couple seconds the second fan..one on the end "stops" spinning. Does this mean the fan has gone bad, or does the second fan on run if the graphic card is heating up? This graphic card was used in another computer I had, and it was installed in the motherboard where I couldn't notice the fans running when the computer was on. When I removed it and installed in this new build, I can see the fans running. (That is one is running) I get the idea the second fan gets a "jolt" of voltage at start-up and stops when all things are working. Or, is it time to send it to the trash container?

:)

JDZ710ALTractor, Aug 18, 2021
  2. bobkn Win User
    bobkn, Aug 18, 2021
  3. bobkn Win User
    Installed a GTX 660 Ti and general PC performance seems laggy

The 660 ti is supposed to be a major upgrade over a 560. https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compar...560/2183vs3155

If you removed a re-installed the nVidia drivers, the only other thing I can think of is to clear the CMOS. I have sometimes had to do that when swapping graphics cards, but I'm not optimistic that will fix your issues.

I see that nVidia still supports the 660 ti (vintage 2012) with their current drivers, so that's good.

How many PCI-E auxiliary power connectors does you 660ti have? (I just looked at an eVGA model that has two 6 pin PCI-E power sockets.) Are you supplying them?

bobkn, Aug 18, 2021
  4. bobkn Win User

MSI GTX 660 TI One Fan Stops After PC Start-up.

Installed a GTX 660 Ti and general PC performance seems laggy

The 560 and 660 ti have the same power requirements (150W max), so if the PSU supported the 560, it should be adequate for the 660 ti.

I still suggest clearing the CMOS. Whatever glitch that seems to have cleared it previously may not have had the same effect as doing it deliberately. Bit of a long shot, but it's simple to do.

bobkn, Aug 18, 2021
Thema:

MSI GTX 660 TI One Fan Stops After PC Start-up.

1. MSI GTX 660 TI One Fan Stops After PC Start-up. - Similar Threads - MSI GTX 660

2. After installing my New geforce gtx 1050 ti

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After installing my New geforce gtx 1050 ti: After i installed my new gpu i went to device manager and its a attention/warning symbol next to my gpu,and thats causing me to not play any games...
  3. GTX 1080 Ti or RTX 2070

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GTX 1080 Ti or RTX 2070: My current system is dual AMD Radeon RX 580s in crossfire in a Ryzen 7 2700X system and I want to upgrade graphics card. It looks like my budget cutoff is at the GTX 1080 Ti to the RTX 2070 super. I ordered the EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING 11GB which was about $70...
  4. PC won't boot, fan starts and then stops

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC won't boot, fan starts and then stops: What a nightmare, I posted yesterday about issues with my PC when my hard drive stopped working, I went around in circles on BIOS until finally I managed to find a way to update BIOS that allowed my new SSD to be seen. Great I thought. But then, when the HDD loaded my...
  5. Installed a GTX 660 Ti and general PC performance seems laggy

Installed a GTX 660 Ti and general PC performance seems laggy: Hi all, Hoping someone can give me some advice on this one. I had a Geforce GTX 560 in my system but I was recently given a GTX 660 Ti - I'm not a massive gamer or anything of that sort, but I thought it'd be a good upgrade, especially for free, so thought why not? First...
  6. PC shuts down after installing a Nvidia GTX 1050 TI

PC shuts down after installing a Nvidia GTX 1050 TI: My wife got a GeForce GTX 1050 TI, but as soon as she starts a game that require some graphics, the PC turns off. PC Spec: Windows 10 pro 64 bit Intel Core i5 6600K @ 3.50GHz Skylake 14nm Technology 8,00GB RAM 1069MHz ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. MAXIMUS VIII RANGER (LGA1151)...
  7. Display driver stopped responding and has recovered Nvidia GTX 660

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered Nvidia GTX 660: So I just finished my build. I'm on Windows 10 64 bit. Specs are: * Intel Core i5 4690k @3.5ghz * Silverstone RVZ02 Case * Cryorig C7 CPU cooler * Crucial Ballistix 16gb 2 x 8b Ram * bombass mitx Asrock Motherboard * Western Digital Caviar Black 1tb *...
  8. Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti incompatible with Windows 10

Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti incompatible with Windows 10: I recently updated and found that absolutely nothing is working regarding graphics. I've lost dual monitor, I cannot play games, and my computer doesn't even identify my graphics card, nor my second monitor. I've tried updating the drivers through Nvidia experience, update...
  9. Problems with Msi GeForce GTX 750 TI

Problems with Msi GeForce GTX 750 TI: Hi everyone. Yesterday I bought a Msi GeForce GTX 750 TI and put it in my PC. As soon as I put it on, I see some problems: the bios starts and the starting up of the pc goes fine until it comes to putting the password. Here I see the screen which seems zoomed in, and after...
  10. Why gtx 780 ti is better than gtx 960?

Why gtx 780 ti is better than gtx 960?: Gtx 960 newer than gtx 780 ti, how older gpu can be better than the new one wtf? 23611