Windows 10: MSI is not performing a major upgrade.

Discus and support MSI is not performing a major upgrade. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been creating the msi for the next release of our application. current version : ProductCode : <OldCode-GUID>ProductVersion : 3.0.0PackageCode :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Manoj Kumaar Shanmugam, Jun 10, 2021.

1. MSI is not performing a major upgrade.

I have been creating the msi for the next release of our application. current version : ProductCode : <OldCode-GUID>ProductVersion : 3.0.0PackageCode : <OldCode-GUID> UpgradeCode : <GUID>New version: ProductCode : <New-GUID>ProductVersion : 3.1.0PackageCode : <New-GUID> UpgradeCode : <Same-GUID as the previous version>The msi is configured to install in PerMachine context The problem I am facing is , The Major Upgrade is happening successfully many Windows 10 laptops, But , in some Laptops running windows 10, the Major Upgrade is not happening and the ms

:)

Manoj Kumaar Shanmugam, Jun 10, 2021

2. Can't complete upgrade on MSI model A6000 laptop to Windows 10

I you had bothered to go to the MSi manufacturers website for model compatibility, as Microsoft suggests in their literature, you would have found the MSi list of their Windows 10 compatible products.

http://event.msi.com/2015/windows10/en/upgrade.html#nb

NONE of the A Series Notebooks are listed and therefore are NOT upgradeable because Win 10 Drivers are not available and some hardware may physically be incompatible.

I too have an A6000 Series MSi and I'm just fine with Windows 7, with no touch screen on the A6000 and very little other difference between 7 and 10, there really is no reason to upgrade to 10.

KeithBenicek, Jun 10, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    can't perform inplace upgrade

Hi,

It is possible that you're unable to perform an in-place upgrade due to having not enough space for your partition. To better assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot your system reserved partition. It will provide you instructions to increase the available space of your System Reserved Partition.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 10, 2021
  4. MSI is not performing a major upgrade.

upgrade msi laptop from Windows 7 Home 32bit to Windows 10 32 bit Failure

Thank you for your suggestion. Upon checking the msi web site, it looks as of now my GX720 laptop is not listed as upgradeable to windows 10. I guess I can stop trying for now.

Retireeguy, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

MSI is not performing a major upgrade.

1. MSI is not performing a major upgrade. - Similar Threads - MSI performing major

2. MSI laptop performs better on "Better performance" option instead of "Best performance"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSI laptop performs better on "Better performance" option instead of "Best performance": I've recently got an MSI laptop GF63 Thin 11UC, and found out that for some reason the CPU speed is faster when on the "Better performance" option than on "best performance". Does anyone know why this is/how to change it?...
  3. MSI laptop performs better on "Better performance" option instead of "Best performance"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSI laptop performs better on "Better performance" option instead of "Best performance": I've recently got an MSI laptop GF63 Thin 11UC, and found out that for some reason the CPU speed is faster when on the "Better performance" option than on "best performance". Does anyone know why this is/how to change it?...
  4. MSI laptop performs better on "Better performance" option instead of "Best performance"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 11 Major Performance Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Major Performance Issues: After installing the latest update KB5011493 my system has become incredibly slow and many programs either fail to launch or are unusable. My system is Ryzen based, so I assume it has something to do with the fTPM issue, but the reports of that issue detail “intermittent...
  6. Windows 11 Major Performance Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Major Performance Issues: After installing the latest update KB5011493 my system has become incredibly slow and many programs either fail to launch or are unusable. My system is Ryzen based, so I assume it has something to do with the fTPM issue, but the reports of that issue detail “intermittent...
  7. Major Performance Issue with Output of Sound & Video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Major Performance Issue with Output of Sound & Video: Any explanation why Windows Media Player requires a correction of play-speed at 0.77 to playback right any or all material? see pictureGroove Music also requires this correction to playback right but no such setting is offered in its interface....
  8. Upgrading major version of windows.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Upgrading major version of windows.: I need help with upgrading major version of windows. I am on Win 10 pro 64-bit version 1903, and nothing else is being offered in Settings->Windows Update. I have read all sorts of instructions on microsoft's site, and can't find anything concrete or understandable. The...
  9. No major upgrades since 1803??

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No major upgrades since 1803??: I came here to trying figuring out why my computer hadn't upgraded to 1809 yet (waiting since October), only to see there's a 1903! *Eek*Eek What could be causing me to not get these upgrades? I always allow upgrades, and receive the regular security updates. Can anyone give...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade major fail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade major fail: My system is repeatedly trying to download W10 and fails every time. I must have 20 or more failed attempts in Windows Update since midnight the 28th of July. Today I tried every path to achieve successful download I can see in this forum, yes every single recommendation and...