Windows 10: MSI laptop is stuck at startup screen when I update from 1809 to 1909

Discus and support MSI laptop is stuck at startup screen when I update from 1809 to 1909 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, my laptop seems to get stuck on the loading screen after downloading and installing, it's been 12 hours on the loading/startup screen. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarcoCantere, Apr 3, 2021.

1. MSI laptop is stuck at startup screen when I update from 1809 to 1909

Hello, my laptop seems to get stuck on the loading screen after downloading and installing, it's been 12 hours on the loading/startup screen. When I force shut down though and start it again, it says "unloading change".

:)

MarcoCantere, Apr 3, 2021
  2. shawna Win User

Stuck in boot loop after 1809 upgrade on Lenovo Y700 laptop

Hi all,

After upgrading to 1809 from 1803 my laptop is stuck in boot loop. The boot sequence is now - Lenovo logo, blank screen, Lenovo logo (different resolution), blank screen, reboot.

Here's what I tried -

Windows 10 repair (created now from the new 1809 media tool):
    • System restore - no restore points have been created.
    • Startup Repair - did not work ("couldn't repair your PC"). Log file contains "Failure while setup is in progress".
    • Uninstall updates - unable to uninstall feature update ("we ran into a problem"). Was able to uninstall quality update 3 times but I'm not sure it's doing anything (still not booting).
    • chkdsk /r C: found no bad sectors.
    • sfc /scannow /offbootdir /offwindir found some bad data, but looking at the log it looks like these are just temporary files.
    • bootrec /fixmbr works but bootrec /fixboot prints "Access is denied" (I mounted the EFI partition and ran bcdboot but still got the same error).

Kyhi’s Rescue Disk:
    • I see my data on the C / system partition, so it doesn't look like the whole disk is corrupted.
    • I tried to enable safe mode by modifying the boot loader with EasyBCD to wait for my input on boot, but when I press F8 and choose safe mode the computer just reboots again.

Any suggestions on what else I can try before doing a clean install?

Log files: logs.zip

shawna, Apr 3, 2021
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Apr 3, 2021
  4. MSI laptop is stuck at startup screen when I update from 1809 to 1909

windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

MSI laptop is stuck at startup screen when I update from 1809 to 1909

1. MSI laptop is stuck at startup screen when I update from 1809 to 1909 - Similar Threads - MSI laptop stuck

2. My MSI laptop is stuck on a loop on the MSI click bios screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My MSI laptop is stuck on a loop on the MSI click bios screen.: It all started while I was in a Google Doc, it showed a blue screen saying something like this: "Restarting laptop for errors." Shortly after it loaded into the BIOS screen, after looking up tutorials such as saving and exiting they don't seem to work as it just brings me...
  3. My MSI laptop is stuck on a loop on the MSI click bios screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My MSI laptop is stuck on a loop on the MSI click bios screen.: It all started while I was in a Google Doc, it showed a blue screen saying something like this: "Restarting laptop for errors." Shortly after it loaded into the BIOS screen, after looking up tutorials such as saving and exiting they don't seem to work as it just brings me...
  4. My MSI laptop is stuck on a loop on the MSI click bios screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MSI Laptop getting stuck at MSI Logo when trying to upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MSI Laptop getting stuck at MSI Logo when trying to upgrade: I have a MSI GE62 Apache laptop that I have had since 2016. It originally came with just a 1TB hard drive that everything was on. I recently purchased and installed a 500GB Samsumg970EVO SSD solely for the OS to be stored on so that the computer can boot up quickly (among...
  6. Updating from Windows 1809 to 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating from Windows 1809 to 1909: How To Fix Windows 10 Upgrade Error 0xC1900101 After downloading the update, installing same, and then configuring, it takes it all back. Gives me the above error....
  7. problem updating from vers 1809 to 1909

problem updating from vers 1809 to 1909: I've tried updating my version of windows 10, a few times actually. Most recently I got error code 0x80070157 but I can't find any info on it and don't know why I'm having so much trouble. Another time I couldn't update because I had my updates set to auto and it wouldn't...
  8. Update from version 1809 to 1909 issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update from version 1809 to 1909 issue: [ATTACH] Hi, I checked for updates today and saw this message. All good, I clicked "Download and install now", took a while to finish and I got a notification that I have to restart the PC for installation to complete, I did that and after a couple of restarts, I get this...
  9. Cannot update to 1909 from 1809

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot update to 1909 from 1809: 2020-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4538461) I've run the troubleshooter. I've disabled AV. I've reset windows modules. I've tried in clean boot. For awhile it was getting stuck at 90% and I had to force shutdown. Today the updater...
  10. Update Windows 10 from 1809 to 1909

Update Windows 10 from 1809 to 1909: I am trying to update my windows 10 Home 1809 to 1909 and it fails every time with the error '0x8007042B-0x4000D The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation'. I have tried via both Windows Update Assistant and Media Creation...