Windows 10: MSI laptop overheating , shutting down fs2020

Discus and support MSI laptop overheating , shutting down fs2020 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My msi laptop shuts down while playing fs2020. what can i do to lower the temperature?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RichardRay5, Dec 8, 2020.

1. MSI laptop overheating , shutting down fs2020

My msi laptop shuts down while playing fs2020.

what can i do to lower the temperature?

:)

RichardRay5, Dec 8, 2020
  2. Nexaddo Win User

MSI GT783R laptop shuts down when playing games

hi everone.

for the past week my MSI GT783R gaming laptop have been shutting down when playing games.
    after starting a game within a minute or 2, the laptop will shut itself off without warning, then start-up again.
    after that it usually shuts off again mid-boot or just after it loaded windows.

a few things i have noticed and tried:
    1) it only happens when the AC charger is plugged in, both when battery is hooked to the laptop or not.
    2) GPU and CPU temps are below 80c when the shut down happens
    3) i already suspected an overheating issue, opened up the laptop, cleaned both CPU and GPU and their heatsinks + fan and applied new thermal paste (Arctic MX-4).
    4) tried using a different AC charger, from my brothers GT780DXR laptop.
    5) i formatted my pc and did a clean windows 7 64-bit install.

despite all of the steps above the issue yet remains.
    i scoured google for the past week with no luck.

please help me!

thanks in advance

Nexaddo, Dec 8, 2020
  3. FS2020 updates

Tried your suggestions, Greg. No change. Troubleshooter doesn't find a problem. Nothing to update in the hub - says the FS2020 update was 8/13 (which seems odd) but the simulator didn't show up under apps like all the others that come with Windows 10.

FS2020 only shows up under All Owned in the Store App where the only option is to launch it.

Could this be a left-over from the original install??

John

johnbartucci, Dec 8, 2020
  4. MSI laptop overheating , shutting down fs2020

fs2020 pdl

I want deinstall fs2020 on drive D: and install fs2020 on drive C: . What is de best method?

henky panky, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

MSI laptop overheating , shutting down fs2020

1. MSI laptop overheating , shutting down fs2020 - Similar Threads - MSI laptop overheating

2. Laptop was not shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop was not shutting down: I am using my laptop daily 3 to 4hrs but in battery usage it was showing 22hrs+ screen on and I even disabled s0 standbyI don't know whether my laptop was shutting down or not. My laptop specs i5 12th gen 1240p and battery is 41whr it is hp laptop what to do?...
  3. MSI Laptop shutting off on it's own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSI Laptop shutting off on it's own: I've been having this problem for a while, but as of recent I feel it's been getting worse. I can run some games for hours just fine, but when it comes to playing Roblox or Genshin Impact with my friends, my laptop tends to shut off completely. When it happens, the fans blow...
  4. Computer Randomly Shuts Down, Not Overheating, Like I asked it to shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Randomly Shuts Down, Not Overheating, Like I asked it to shut down.: This is driving me crazy. Started 5 days ago and the computer shuts down. It was if I asked the to computer to shutdown and it does. I get the blue screen "shutting down..." Not blue screen of death. I can turn the computer right back on and it happens again. It is completely...
  5. Computer Randomly Shuts Down, Not Overheating, Like I asked it to shut down.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Randomly Shuts Down, Not Overheating, Like I asked it to shut down.: This is driving me crazy. Started 5 days ago and the computer shuts down. It was if I asked the to computer to shutdown and it does. I get the blue screen "shutting down..." Not blue screen of death. I can turn the computer right back on and it happens again. It is completely...
  6. Computer Randomly Shuts Down, Not Overheating, Like I asked it to shut down.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Shutting down the laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutting down the laptop: My windows isn't showing shut down, sleep, etc. option under power button. How do I shut it down? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutting-down-the-laptop/3cc62cb4-7144-4681-8cdb-74ed824be1bf
  8. laptop shutting down

laptop shutting down: hello my laptop would switch off for a week and it would switch on for another week... then switches off... am using asus trasformar T300 what could be the reason for that ?...
  9. Computer randmly shuts down and i know its not overheating.

Computer randmly shuts down and i know its not overheating.: This issue started happening just a few weeks ago, it hasn't really been a problem but I have an online test coming up and i can't afford for it to happen during the test. It just decides to shut down, even showing the "Shutting Down" screen that appears when you turn off...
  10. Laptop shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shutting down: Hello, I have been having an issue with my HP Laptop for a few days, my device would shut itself down before the battery saver mode even came on, now it locks my Laptop quickly as soon as it asks me to plug my charger in and the battery saver mode, but it locks itself so...