Windows 10: MSI Laptop replace Pentium Single Core CPU

Discus and support MSI Laptop replace Pentium Single Core CPU in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place for my question...I have an old MSI Netbook. It originally came with Windows 7. I installed Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NetHunter321, Oct 10, 2020.

1. MSI Laptop replace Pentium Single Core CPU

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place for my question...I have an old MSI Netbook. It originally came with Windows 7. I installed Windows 10 LTSC. I read that LTSC is good for PC's with 1 or 2GB of RAM. I think it's like a stripped-down version of Windows 10. It has no Microsoft Store or any Metro Apps. It's still a little slow. It has a Single Core Pentium 2700 CPU. I want to upgrade the CPU to a used dual or quad-core. My question is, what CPU's will work with my Netbook? I used CPU-Z and found it uses a Socket P #482 I think. I checked eBay and found a bunch of used Core 2 Duo's. They're supposed to work with Socket P. Not sure about the "482." There's other #'s under Socket P. I also found Xeon CPU's that are supposed to work with the Socket. LGA 775. So how do I find Core 2 Duo's or Xeon's that will work? With the correct Socket? Please reply. Thanks

:)

NetHunter321, Oct 10, 2020

2. Why is start menu not working on single core CPU and sometimes work on dual core?

• When did you first encounter the issue?
      • It has been like that forever for single core CPU. The dual core seems to have the problem now that the Windows Anniversary update.
    • Have you made changes on both devices prior to the incident?
      • No.
    • May we know the make and model of the affected devices?
      • It is a custom built from microcenter that has all the specs need to run windows 100.
    • Which Windows version and build the devices are running? Type winver in the search bar and press Enter to find out.
      • version 1703 OS built 15063.250
    • Did you encounter any error messages on both devices while trying to launch Cortana?
      • No error message. It does not start at all. Only option for single core was to use classic start menu.

Confused_buf, Oct 10, 2020
  3. CPU for HP Laptop

I need to upgrade my cpu from Intell (R) Pentium (R) CPU N3540 2.16GHz to one of the following AMD Athion ll X4 640 or better or Intel Core i3 530 or better. Is this doable for my laptop?

PiperSmith, Oct 10, 2020
  4. MSI Laptop replace Pentium Single Core CPU

Why is start menu not working on single core CPU and sometimes work on dual core?

Why is start menu not working on single core CPU and sometimes work on dual core?

On the single core Cortana keeps crashing ever time when trying to launch it. On Dual core Cortana seems to work but than after few hours it crashes and start menu does not work. Restart sometimes works but many time does not work.

Besides install classic start menu, what option is there to fix start menu or remove Cortana that is crashing?

Confused_buf, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

MSI Laptop replace Pentium Single Core CPU

1. MSI Laptop replace Pentium Single Core CPU - Similar Threads - MSI Laptop replace

2. intel pentium dual core e5200

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    intel pentium dual core e5200: Is intel pentium dual core e5200 good enough for running windows 10?I have 3GB of ram. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-pentium-dual-core-e5200/dd449336-bc87-449c-9577-f642f11e2fe7
  3. intel pentium dual core e5200

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    intel pentium dual core e5200: Is intel pentium dual core e5200 good enough for running windows 10?I have 3GB of ram. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-pentium-dual-core-e5200/dd449336-bc87-449c-9577-f642f11e2fe7
  4. intel pentium dual core e5200

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Replace an Intel pentium by a better processor.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Replace an Intel pentium by a better processor.: Hello!I have a Packard Bell ENLG71BM x64 with an Intel Pentium N3540 2.16GHz,I would know If I can replace my processor by a better one cause my laptop is way too slow I already ordered a 8Gb RAMThanks!Bonjour!J'ai un Packard Bell ENLG71BM x64 avec un Intel Pentium N3540...
  6. Duel core celeron vs quad core pentium?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duel core celeron vs quad core pentium?: So, after i fixed my moms pc, she said i might be able to have it, this pc has a pentium quadcore from 2015 or so, my current laptop has a intel celeron 1017u, i am wondering, though i think they have the same basic speed and ram, would the pentium perform better than celeron...
  7. pentium(R) dual core cpu E5300 @2.6ghz is compatible for win 10 ??

pentium(R) dual core cpu E5300 @2.6ghz is compatible for win 10 ??: pentium(R) dual core cpu E5300 @2.6ghz is compatible for win 10 ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10/a3992bc5-bec2-47a1-ab6a-a1c3b4d4c80e
  8. Can the Intel Pentium Dual-Core CPU 6300 Support ten?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can the Intel Pentium Dual-Core CPU 6300 Support ten?: So I have a old Computer that has a Intel Pentium Dual-Core 6300 and want to upgrade it to Ten so if I have to use it I will be use to it. Can it upgrade? 15124
  9. How to enable the NX feature on a Pentium Dual Core CPU E5700@3.00Ghz?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to enable the NX feature on a Pentium Dual Core CPU E5700@3.00Ghz?: My install to Windows 10 failed on a PC running 32bit Windows 7 Home Premium. The error I got was that the NX feature was not enabled on the CPU. How may I enable the NX feature? 11098
  10. Pentium e5200 cpu not supported?

Pentium e5200 cpu not supported?: I have a PC here (not mine) that has win7 32 bits, 4gb ram and pentuim e5200 (45 nm) that has the disable bit enabled in bios and the latest update kbxx2664 istana but still have the "CPU not supported" message when clicking the windows upgrade icon in the tray. Any idea...