Windows 10: MSI Laptop shutting off on it's own

Discus and support MSI Laptop shutting off on it's own in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been having this problem for a while, but as of recent I feel it's been getting worse. I can run some games for hours just fine, but when it comes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by julyluvsalezae, Sep 5, 2022.

1. MSI Laptop shutting off on it's own

I've been having this problem for a while, but as of recent I feel it's been getting worse. I can run some games for hours just fine, but when it comes to playing Roblox or Genshin Impact with my friends, my laptop tends to shut off completely. When it happens, the fans blow out really loud and the screen goes black and then it shuts off. My laptop is always plugged in, and I keep it that way because most games run better when it is plugged in. I don't know why all of a sudden it seems to have gotten worse, but it quite literally shuts off within 30 minutes of me playing Roblox. I keep all gam

:)

julyluvsalezae, Sep 5, 2022
  2. Nexaddo Win User

MSI GT783R laptop shuts down when playing games

hi everone.

for the past week my MSI GT783R gaming laptop have been shutting down when playing games.
    after starting a game within a minute or 2, the laptop will shut itself off without warning, then start-up again.
    after that it usually shuts off again mid-boot or just after it loaded windows.

a few things i have noticed and tried:
    1) it only happens when the AC charger is plugged in, both when battery is hooked to the laptop or not.
    2) GPU and CPU temps are below 80c when the shut down happens
    3) i already suspected an overheating issue, opened up the laptop, cleaned both CPU and GPU and their heatsinks + fan and applied new thermal paste (Arctic MX-4).
    4) tried using a different AC charger, from my brothers GT780DXR laptop.
    5) i formatted my pc and did a clean windows 7 64-bit install.

despite all of the steps above the issue yet remains.
    i scoured google for the past week with no luck.

please help me!

thanks in advance

Nexaddo, Sep 5, 2022
  3. WiIfred P Win User
    install webcam on msi laptop

Hi 1papertiger,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about installing webcam on MSI laptops.

Most laptops have a built-in webcam on it, If it's not working, there's a problem with the driver or settings of it.

Step1: I request you to check for Hidden Devices in Device Manager. Please refer to these steps:

a. On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.

b. Click on View and select Show Hidden Devices.

c. Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.

d. If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select Update Driver Software.

e. Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.

Step 2: Run the hardware troubleshooter and check if you receive any error messages.

a. On the desktop, press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.

b. Click on it and click on Hardware and Sound.

c. Click on Hardware and Devices and follow the prompted steps.

If the laptop doesn't have a built-in webcam on it, you would need to purchase an external webcam, plug it on your laptop and driver will download automatically.

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Sep 5, 2022
  4. teamsaxon Win User

MSI Laptop shutting off on it's own

Help needed for periodic BSODs on MSI laptop

I believe I ran this hard drive scan yesterday and nothing out of the ordinary showed up in the benchmark, no bad sectors.. I will test it again and post the results. I will also post the results of memtest, I left it while I went to work so hopefully it has not booted to Windows while I was out

- - - Updated - - -

I have completed the tests

First pass of memtest86

MSI Laptop shutting off on it's own [​IMG]

Second pass

And the results from HDTune which for some reason does not show the health of the OS drive

teamsaxon, Sep 5, 2022
Thema:

MSI Laptop shutting off on it's own

1. MSI Laptop shutting off on it's own - Similar Threads - MSI Laptop shutting

2. Laptop turning off on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turning off on its own: My laptop is been turning off while using it, today its been like 5 times already where im working as usual on my laptop and it suddenly turned off in the middle of me using it. I tried checking if its a software update problem but it shows i have the latest version, please...
  3. MSI GF63 Thin keeps shutting off randomly with no warning.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSI GF63 Thin keeps shutting off randomly with no warning.: Hello! I recently got my MSI on Christmas, 2021 and have been having many problems.It overheats really fast, and keeps shutting off every 1-30 minutes randomly while using. It's updated and I did everything I could do, but I am not sure what else to do since it's just...
  4. MSI Laptop shutting off on it's own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSI Laptop shutting off on it's own: I've been having this problem for a while, but as of recent I feel it's been getting worse. I can run some games for hours just fine, but when it comes to playing Roblox or Genshin Impact with my friends, my laptop tends to shut off completely. When it happens, the fans blow...
  5. MSI Laptop shutting off on it's own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSI Laptop shutting off on it's own: I've been having this problem for a while, but as of recent I feel it's been getting worse. I can run some games for hours just fine, but when it comes to playing Roblox or Genshin Impact with my friends, my laptop tends to shut off completely. When it happens, the fans blow...
  6. Laptop shuts off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts off: I installed a new cooling fan in my HP laptop. Windows will not identify the new hardware. Since the last update a couple of days ago my laptop shuts off after a few minutes of inactivity. When I restart, I have to be quick to hit the enter button when the 15 second...
  7. MSI Laptop shuts off without warning

MSI Laptop shuts off without warning: I have an MSI GS63 Stealth 8RE laptop running Windows 10. My computer has been running fine and then suddenly started turning off on its own. It tends to happen when its running on battery power but has also occured when plugged in. In only one of these cases did it cause a...
  8. MSI laptop overheating , shutting down fs2020

MSI laptop overheating , shutting down fs2020: My msi laptop shuts down while playing fs2020. what can i do to lower the temperature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msi-laptop-overheating-shutting-down-fs2020/72872777-e084-43d2-9202-a2cb42cab84d
  9. Laptop shutting down on its own

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shutting down on its own: I use an ASUS laptop with AMD A8 4500M APU with Radeon HD graphics 1.9 GHz. It has 4 GB RAM. It is about 6yrs old. Last year it was getting overheated and switching off on its own. So I got it repaired and it is working fine. I have Malawarebytes Free Version 4.0.4.49. I have...
  10. Wifi keeps shutting off on its own

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi keeps shutting off on its own: Recently had to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10. I network connections I set the wifi network to always connect. However of the computer is shut down or goes into sleep mode the wifi shuts down. I have set the network card to not shut off to save power. Our pc is a desktop and...