Windows 10: MSI Laptop Stuck in Boot Loop

Discus and support MSI Laptop Stuck in Boot Loop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a MSI GV62 8RD-200 laptop that is getting stuck on startup, giving me the message reconstructing cache metadata each time. I've let the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by thisBirdyBoi, Sep 15, 2019.

1. MSI Laptop Stuck in Boot Loop

I have a MSI GV62 8RD-200 laptop that is getting stuck on startup, giving me the message reconstructing cache metadata each time. I've let the computer sit for hours, but it remains stuck on this process, and the computer does not startup in the Recovery Environment after trying to perform hard shutdowns multiple times in a row. At this point I just want to restore the laptop to working order/perform a factory reset. I would prefer to save the files on it but it's not absolutely necessary. I can access the BIOS and other functions with the F-number keys, but beyond just getting to these functions on startup, I do not know how to circumvent the error and perform a reset or startup. I would appreciate any help if anyone that knows a way I can reset the computer or get it to start back up. Thanks!

:)

thisBirdyBoi, Sep 15, 2019

2. Laptop Stuck in Boot Loop

Hoping someone here can help me. A month or two ago my laptop (MSI GS60) got stuck in an Automatic Repair boot loop. MSI logo comes up, and then says it needs to do an automatic
    repair before restarting itself a few seconds later and repeating. I have tried using the Windows repair feature, but I just get the message "There was a problem refreshing your PC. No changes were made."

I'm not sure if the above problem is caused by the fact that the laptop came with Windows 8 installed (it's over three years old at this point), but I used the free upgrade option to install Windows 10.

My first thought was that maybe one or both of the system hard drives had failed (the laptop came with two spanned SSDs for CMSI Laptop Stuck in Boot Loop :). I tried to install UBCD on a USB drive to run some tests, which is something a lot of people
    online seem to recommend, but I couldn't get the laptop to boot off the USB. I'm open to any suggestions of other ways I may be able to test the hard drives.

I also tried setting up a USB with Windows 10 installation on it, hoping I could repair using that. Unfortunately, it doesn't give me any extra options (and doesn't fix the above problem), so it seems the only thing I haven't tried is to reformat and reinstall
    Windows entirely. Not ideal, but I've only got applications on that drive, so not the end of the world. Apart from the above point about not knowing whether the hard drives themselves are causing the issue, the only other thing I thought I would check is whether
    I'll run into any problems with a fresh Windows install, which obviously wouldn't include any of MSI's applications.
    So if anyone has anything they can suggest to try that I haven't already it would be very much appreciated. And if the only option is to reformat, is there any software that I should reinstall from MSI?

MitchellJY, Sep 15, 2019
  3. Laptop Stuck in Boot Loop

Hi Andre, thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately the laptop never boots far enough to show the Windows logo. Upon turning it on, it sits on the MSI logo for a few seconds before the repair message pops up at the bottom of the screen and the laptop reboots.
    However, I did try it anyway but with no success.

MitchellJY, Sep 15, 2019
  4. MSI Laptop Stuck in Boot Loop

Computer Stuck in Boot Loop

Hi,

We are glad that you tried some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue, but usually the issue occurs due to corrupted system file. In order for us to assist you, we suggest to check this thread and look for Deepika Gowda answer. It contains troubleshooting
    steps pertaining to the issue:
    Computer stuck with a reboot loop on Windows 10

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

MSI Laptop Stuck in Boot Loop

1. MSI Laptop Stuck in Boot Loop - Similar Threads - MSI Laptop Stuck

2. My MSI laptop is stuck on a loop on the MSI click bios screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My MSI laptop is stuck on a loop on the MSI click bios screen.: It all started while I was in a Google Doc, it showed a blue screen saying something like this: "Restarting laptop for errors." Shortly after it loaded into the BIOS screen, after looking up tutorials such as saving and exiting they don't seem to work as it just brings me...
  3. My MSI laptop is stuck on a loop on the MSI click bios screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My MSI laptop is stuck on a loop on the MSI click bios screen.: It all started while I was in a Google Doc, it showed a blue screen saying something like this: "Restarting laptop for errors." Shortly after it loaded into the BIOS screen, after looking up tutorials such as saving and exiting they don't seem to work as it just brings me...
  4. My MSI laptop is stuck on a loop on the MSI click bios screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My laptop stuck in a boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop stuck in a boot loop: Good dayMy mecer laptop won't turn on it just restarts itself and I think it's stuck on a boot loop i tried turning it on and off to show auto repair settings but it doesn't do any it just keep showing the mecer log loading and turn and I have just installed a windows 11 home...
  6. Laptop stuck in a boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stuck in a boot loop: I opened my laptop after a month and it isn't booting as normal. It is stuck in a boot loop.It only shows my laptop's brand logo and no other hardware works. Please help. How can i recover?...
  7. Laptop stuck in a boot loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop stuck in a boot loop: I opened my laptop after a month and it isn't booting as normal. It is stuck in a boot loop.It only shows my laptop's brand logo and no other hardware works. Please help. How can i recover?...
  8. Laptop stuck in a boot loop

9. Laptop stuck in a boot loop

Laptop stuck in a boot loop: So I turned off my laptop one night normally and thought nothing of it, until in the morning when it booted up and showed the Windows logo with the "Fixing C: Stage 1 14% n of n 7% ETA 0:02:11" prompt on the bottom, I let it run for around and hour until it reached 20%, but I...
  10. Laptop stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop stuck in boot loop: I tried to recover my laptop (Asus E402M) and at some point an error occurred and left my laptop in a loop. I have tried getting into advanced recovery but have had no luck. I have tried using a recovery drive but it still doesnt attempt to boot. Please help....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msi laptop stuck on startup

2. msi stuck boot loop after fresh install

3. msi booting loop after install

4. msi gv62 stuck on boot,
  5. msi boot loop problem,
  6. boot loop problems with msi gv62