Windows 10: MSI Laptop stuck in rollback loop, locked out of bios and unable to reboot

Discus and support MSI Laptop stuck in rollback loop, locked out of bios and unable to reboot in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I invoke the power of the windows wizard council to hear my blight. This morning I had got on my laptop and it asked to update. After doing doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dance Floor Dale, Jan 25, 2023.

1. MSI Laptop stuck in rollback loop, locked out of bios and unable to reboot

Hello,I invoke the power of the windows wizard council to hear my blight. This morning I had got on my laptop and it asked to update. After doing doing so the update was taking an excruciatingly long time.Impatiently, I had just turned off the laptop after 30min and it only being at 26% done. After that, as I’m sure you can tell everything went to error. I attempted to log back in but would be hit with a constant loop of windows trying to boot but failing then restarting and trying again.I tried going into my bios but I was hit with a password, to which I had written down on my notes but it wa

:)

Dance Floor Dale, Jan 25, 2023
  2. Remon Ont Win User

BIOS stuck in a loop.

Hello,

We would like to ask some additional information to better isolate the issue:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried to boot in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check the solutions provided on the links below:

BIOS-loop

Stuck-in-BIOS-loop

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Jan 25, 2023
  3. Stuck in Reboot loop after power cut

Hi,

We understand your concern and appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to state which troubleshooting steps have you performed bedsides the mentioned to fix the issue.

As per the description, I suspect that you might be stuck in a reboot loop. I suggest that you perform Power Drain and check if it helps

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 25, 2023
  4. MSI Laptop stuck in rollback loop, locked out of bios and unable to reboot

Windows 10 stuck in reboot loop

Hi James,

Thank you for posting in Community, we apologize for the inconvenience caused and we will try to assist you in the best way we can.

As per your query, I am led to believe that you re currently stuck in a reboot loop. I would suggest that you perform power drain and check if you are able to restore back to your normal desktop. To do so follow the steps below:

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system.
    I would not suggest that you format your hard drive due to the reasons below:

1. If your system was installed with Windows 8.1 at the time of purchase, formatting it will lead to a lost of your product key, as the key is pre injected to the motherboard.

2. You will be unable to activate the OS and you will have to contact your systems manufacturer if you are faced with any driver related issues.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

MSI Laptop stuck in rollback loop, locked out of bios and unable to reboot

1. MSI Laptop stuck in rollback loop, locked out of bios and unable to reboot - Similar Threads - MSI Laptop stuck

2. My MSI laptop is stuck on a loop on the MSI click bios screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My MSI laptop is stuck on a loop on the MSI click bios screen.: It all started while I was in a Google Doc, it showed a blue screen saying something like this: "Restarting laptop for errors." Shortly after it loaded into the BIOS screen, after looking up tutorials such as saving and exiting they don't seem to work as it just brings me...
  3. My MSI laptop is stuck on a loop on the MSI click bios screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My MSI laptop is stuck on a loop on the MSI click bios screen.: It all started while I was in a Google Doc, it showed a blue screen saying something like this: "Restarting laptop for errors." Shortly after it loaded into the BIOS screen, after looking up tutorials such as saving and exiting they don't seem to work as it just brings me...
  4. My MSI laptop is stuck on a loop on the MSI click bios screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MSI laptop bios loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSI laptop bios loop: I have an MSI laptop and today after my work was done I just closed the screen without shutting down. When I came back home and opened my laptop I was shown to the MSI boot menu. I tried to exit l, reset settings etc. but the system restarts and puts me back to the bios menu....
  6. MSI laptop bios loop

MSI laptop bios loop: I have an MSI laptop and today after my work was done I just closed the screen without shutting down. When I came back home and opened my laptop I was shown to the MSI boot menu. I tried to exit l, reset settings etc. but the system restarts and puts me back to the bios menu....
  7. MSI laptop bios loop

8. MSI Laptop stuck in rollback loop, locked out of bios and unable to reboot

MSI Laptop stuck in rollback loop, locked out of bios and unable to reboot: Hello,I invoke the power of the windows wizard council to hear my blight. This morning I had got on my laptop and it asked to update. After doing doing so the update was taking an excruciatingly long time.Impatiently, I had just turned off the laptop after 30min and it only...
  9. Stuck in BIOS Loop After Being Locked Out

Stuck in BIOS Loop After Being Locked Out: Two weeks ago, system boot files apparently got corrupted which resulted in me having to reinstall Windows 10. Attempts at using a restore point or start up repair were unsuccessful. The reinstall happened. It was fine until this morning. This morning I attempted to access...
  10. MSI Laptop Stuck in Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MSI Laptop Stuck in Boot Loop: I have a MSI GV62 8RD-200 laptop that is getting stuck on startup, giving me the message reconstructing cache metadata each time. I've let the computer sit for hours, but it remains stuck on this process, and the computer does not startup in the Recovery Environment after...