Windows 10: MSI Modern 14 B4MW function keys no longer responding!

Discus and support MSI Modern 14 B4MW function keys no longer responding! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, Today I updated Creator Center on my MSI laptop. It told me to update, so I did, makes sense? Great. After updating only F2 (volume down) F3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NakedMoleHamster, Oct 22, 2020.

1. MSI Modern 14 B4MW function keys no longer responding!

Hello,

Today I updated Creator Center on my MSI laptop. It told me to update, so I did, makes sense? Great.

After updating only F2 (volume down) F3 (Volume up) and brightness keys F9,F10 and keyboard light (F8) are working. Nothing else is working. Not even the mute button. Literally no other F keys are working.

Here's what I've tried so far to fix the issue:

- Open a ticket to MSI Support. No reply and ticket status hasn't changed

- Regretting not buying a Mac again, seriously. I've used Macs for 12 years and nothing that drastic has ever happened.

- Regret buying MSI and swore I'll never buy their products again

- Went to the Device Manager Keyboard -> Update Driver, restarted my computer

- Went to the Device Manager Keyboard -> Uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it again

- Uninstalled & Reinstalled Creator Center again

- Installed Windows Updates, which were Cumulative Updates for Windows 10 2004

- Discovered that my microphone is not working either, but I really would like to have a working webcam and microphone. The webcam works. The microphone doesn't.

- Made a post to r/MSILaptops and discovered someone else has that problem as well

- Wanted to post the same issue to MSI Forums but it created the forum account with my full name and everything and I can't change the username, so forget about it.

- Regretted not buying a Mac again

- On Reddit someone said that there was a BIOS update today. So I installed it. It was successful. After that I discovered my boot screen is just ugly three stripes like IIISI and for a second I truly wondered if my graphics card is dying. What was wrong with that beautiful dragon?

- Hoping that someone from here is able to help me. I don't want to reinstall Windows as Windows works fine and when I hold down fn key all of the f keys work fine as well on Windows side. Any tips?

submitted by /u/NakedMoleHamster
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NakedMoleHamster, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

MSI Modern 14 B4MW function keys no longer responding!

1. MSI Modern 14 B4MW function keys no longer responding! - Similar Threads - MSI Modern B4MW

2. Key no longer functional

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Key no longer functional: one of the keys on my microsoft ergonomic keyboar has stoppe working. Can you guess which one? I am using Microsoft 11. Help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/key-no-longer-functional/ce5c42f7-fa70-4310-8984-439eafa70b2c
  3. Key no longer functional

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Key no longer functional: one of the keys on my microsoft ergonomic keyboar has stoppe working. Can you guess which one? I am using Microsoft 11. Help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/key-no-longer-functional/ce5c42f7-fa70-4310-8984-439eafa70b2c
  4. My function program system has disappeared. MSI Modern 14

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My function program system has disappeared. MSI Modern 14: When I install a new window, it makes my system function not working. My MSI Center pro. program disappeared so I can't use functions from F4-F12 and no indicator lights up. which i want to find a way to download my msi app back to use the function i have waitedWhen I install...
  5. Bios bin file for MSI Modern 14 B4MW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bios bin file for MSI Modern 14 B4MW: Is there someone that can help me to find bios bin file for my msi modern 14 b4mw. My bios is corrupted and it wont boot normally...thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bios-bin-file-for-msi-modern-14-b4mw/fd9c7980-9486-4a81-9bf8-5dac38a8467e
  6. Bios bin file for MSI Modern 14 B4MW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bios bin file for MSI Modern 14 B4MW: Is there someone that can help me to find bios bin file for my msi modern 14 b4mw. My bios is corrupted and it wont boot normally...thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bios-bin-file-for-msi-modern-14-b4mw/fd9c7980-9486-4a81-9bf8-5dac38a8467e
  7. SECURE BOOT VIOLATION on MSI MODERN 14 after Windows 11 update failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SECURE BOOT VIOLATION on MSI MODERN 14 after Windows 11 update failed: Upgraded Windows 10 to Windows 11 on MSI Modern 14 earlier this year via Update assistant. I saw the latest Windows 11 22H2 update and put the MSI modern 14 to upgrade via Windows 11 Installation Assistant downloaded from Microsoft...
  8. The F5 function key is no longer the "Refresh" key.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The F5 function key is no longer the "Refresh" key.: Today, the F5 function key invokes a Start pop-up window with no obvious name. An array of functions, apps and recently opened programs. In PowerPoint, the F5 key was the shortcut to start a presentation from slide one. No substitute keystroke is designated. Again, the...
  9. Function keys no longer working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Function keys no longer working: Hello...got a Microsoft request to upgrade my os Windows 10 as it was soon to become outdated. Did that yesterday and since then none of the function keys on my laptop HP Envy work at all. This is very frustrating, especially given the need to adjust volume levels during...
  10. Improve performance on the MSI MODERN 14 A10M? notebook

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Improve performance on the MSI MODERN 14 A10M? notebook: What exactly can I do in order to be able to play games like Fortnite fluently. This is a notebook for 1000€, so I think it must be possible somehow. I just do not know exactly what I have to change. Leistung verbessern beim Notebook MSI MODERN 14 A10M?