Windows 10: MSI Titan GT80 Randomly sees the SSD

Discus and support MSI Titan GT80 Randomly sees the SSD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a MSI GT80 Titan SLI and it randomly sees the 2.5" SSD that is Samsung 860 EVO 1TB. I have to reboot a number of times until it finally sees it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dictum, Mar 13, 2020.

1. dictum Win User

MSI Titan GT80 Randomly sees the SSD

I have a MSI GT80 Titan SLI and it randomly sees the 2.5" SSD that is Samsung 860 EVO 1TB.
    I have to reboot a number of times until it finally sees it. It does not appear in the Disk Management.

I tried 2 different SSDs (Samsung 850 and 860) in two different GT80 that ran two different windows installs. And the problem was replicated consistently. So neither the machine nor the SSD is the common denominator.
    So I can say the issue is not my drive, or the particular GT80 machine. Seems to be a bug in Windows?

would trying a bigger SSD revolve the problem? Say 2TB.
    Or another brand?

:)

dictum, Mar 13, 2020
  2. Mosho_89 Win User

Msi Titan SLI GT80 and Windows 10

Hi everyone:

i bought Msi Titan SLI GT80 and it have windows 8.1 with it

i upgraded my windows to 10 and everything was good

i worked with windows 10 for few days then suddenly when i turned my laptop on the monitor didnt work but the laptop lights worked i hold the power button to turn off then i when i turned it on again the screen Freeze on the first screen with Msi Logo and
    the small balls loading

i waited for long time and nothing happen

tried to turn it of and turn it on again many times and still freeze on the start screen but i got a "preparing automatic repair" under the msi logo

i tried everything ( safemode - system restore - .. etc ) nothing worked

then i used my Recovery Usb i prepared before updating to windows 10 when i bought the laptop

the recovery worked fine

now i have windows 8.1

but the problem now is :

when i try to update to windows 10 , it fail every time

i tried it many times and it Failed

i used the tool to download it , i used the Windows update and still Failed

i did everything in this page:

How to: Fix Windows 10 Setup Failure

and it Failed

Please , whats the problem??

Help!!

Mosho_89, Mar 13, 2020
  3. dictum Win User
    Possible to insert SSD while machine is up?

MSI GT80 Titan, Win 10.. possible to install the SSD 2280 PCIe module while the machine is booted up or is there a risk of something getting fried? Like the SSD module for example.

dictum, Mar 13, 2020
  4. DiegoTrd Win User

Intel Management Engine Interface -This device cannot start. (Code 10) - STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

Hi Martin,

I followed the steps you mentioned, but the Intel Management Engine Interface in Device Manager, continue to have an exclamation sign.

And in Device Status continue to appear:

"This device cannot start. (Code 10)

STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE"

The laptop is a MSI GT80 2QE Titan SLI. In their webpage (Support For GT80 2QE Titan SLI | Laptops - The best gaming laptop provider | MSI Global 64), they put version 11.0.0.1146 as the driver for
    Intel Management Engine for Windows 10 64bit, I downloaded, but was not able to install it.

Right now it has version 11.0.5.1189.

What else could I try?

Thanks

DiegoTrd, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

1. MSI Titan GT80 Randomly sees the SSD - Similar Threads - MSI Titan GT80

2. MSI GT73VR-6RF Titan Pro USB-c Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSI GT73VR-6RF Titan Pro USB-c Problems: Im having some issues with my usb-c/thunderbolt port.My notebook is connected to a Dell wired dock WD15 so every single peripheral is attached to it, but only USB devices are malfuncioning, like my keyboard, usb headset and mouse.Im geting video via displayport from the wired...
  3. MSI GT73VR-6RF Titan Pro USB-c Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSI GT73VR-6RF Titan Pro USB-c Problems: Im having some issues with my usb-c/thunderbolt port.My notebook is connected to a Dell wired dock WD15 so every single peripheral is attached to it, but only USB devices are malfuncioning, like my keyboard, usb headset and mouse.Im geting video via displayport from the wired...
  4. Chess Titans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chess Titans: I often play this game, but have first time this problem. Basically its opponent turn game against computer and note "Its a illegal move" flashes all the time. at some point it moved my pieces too and then was my turn tu move my white pieces... tried undo but same thing...
  5. Chess Titans

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Chess Titans: Microsoft just updated my computer and removed Chess Titans and the old game package from Windows 7. My first question is why does Microsoft do this, and please stop doing it in the future. it's very annoying. let us play the old game. **** is your problem? Second, someone...
  6. Chess Titan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chess Titan: Hello, How can I download Chess Titan on windows 10 ? Can I purchase it from the Microsoft store ? I don't trust downloading it from the internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chess-titan/b94f1c2d-c123-4609-83a5-edfee2e73d44
  7. Chess Titans

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chess Titans: The information I seek is whether or not a download of "Chess Titans" chess game will result in ads being displayed along with the app. I would pay some amount to not have to deal with pop-ups, etc... while enjoying a game of computer chess....
  8. New MSI GT76 Titan and GE65 Raider laptops announced at Computex 2019

in Windows 10 News
    New MSI GT76 Titan and GE65 Raider laptops announced at Computex 2019: The all-new GT76 Titan and GE65 Raider sweep across the gaming battlefield Taipei, Taiwan, (May 28th, 2019) MSI, the world leader in gaming hardware, has announced the newest cutting-edge innovations for extreme gamers at Computex. With the introduction of the brand new GT76...
  9. Chess Titans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chess Titans: Is there any way to install and play Chess Tians in Windows 10? The only site I can find that promises to download Chess Titans for Windows 10 actually downloads Chess Giants. 72560
  10. MSI GT80 Brand New, Critical Kernel-power Error 41 task 63

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MSI GT80 Brand New, Critical Kernel-power Error 41 task 63: Attachment 33088 Please help. I have tried all the previously mentioned fixes such as activating/deactivating suspect speakers, deleting Norton, checking on PSU, etc. Any help would be appreciated. I uploaded the necessary file as per the forum's posting rules. 18287