Windows 10: msi z270-a pro only works with two ram memories

Discus and support msi z270-a pro only works with two ram memories in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, the msi z270-a pro motherboard only works with two ram memory cards when I add one or two more and it won't boot anymore. Now I am using with two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Silence, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Silence Win User

msi z270-a pro only works with two ram memories

Hi, the msi z270-a pro motherboard only works with two ram memory cards when I add one or two more and it won't boot anymore. Now I am using with two 8gb modules and I have two 4gb modules unused because of this problem. The cpu pins are fine, the cables are also well installed on the motherboard. So I don't know what the problem is that the pc only starts with two ram memories. I also tried the ram slots and they all work. I cleaned the slots with a fine brush and also cleaned the ram slots with an eraser but nothing, it does not work. Also when I changed the motherboard I did a clean Windows 10 installation. I attach a Windows image where you can see that it does not recognize neither the processor nor the installed ram and the second image is the most curious one which is something connected to the M.2 but I do not know what it is, that component connected to the m2 already came with the motherboard I bought.
    Well I hope you can help me to solve this problem.
    Thank you very much in advance.
    Best regards.

msi z270-a pro only works with two ram memories [​IMG]

msi z270-a pro only works with two ram memories [​IMG]

Translated with wwx.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

:)

Silence, Jun 16, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

MSI Z270 GAMING PRO CARBON

When you want your PC to be fast, ultra fast, you are going to look at very specific products only. One you might not look at is MSI's Z270 GAMING PRO CARBON, a board truly designed to be one of the fastest boards on the market, ready to help you reach the finish line first.

Show full review

cadaveca, Jun 16, 2020
  3. erixx Win User
    erixx, Jun 16, 2020
  4. msi z270-a pro only works with two ram memories

Issues with total memory size of dedicated available RAM

Hello Gevorg,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community an we regret for the inconvenience.

From the description provided, I understand that the motherboard you are using has 4 DIMM slots which supports up to 8 GB of dedicated RAM.

To be able to understand the issue better. let us know how are you viewing the total memory size of dedicated available RAM in your PC.

Now, in one case, if you are using more than one module of RAM, and the frequencies at which they operate are not the same. There will be two outcomes:

• The modules will conflict in terms of DIMM frequencies and it will declare memory failure.
    • Instead of downclocking one or more RAM/s, the motherboard will reject the ones from being accepted.

In order to ascertain if the hardware is correctly configured, I suggest you to check the system information in the BIOS settings. Refer to the manufacturer provided manual to know more about on how to access the BIOS settings.

In another scenario, your computer may also be allocating part of your RAM to other hardware modules, such as your network hardware.

As a secondary workout, I suggest you to increase the Virtual Memory and check if it helps. Follow the steps below.

• Click Windows key + R to open the RUN command utility and type
      msconfig.exe, then press ENTER.

• Click on Boot option and select advanced options.

• Check the maximum memory box and change the value accordingly.

• Click on Apply and Ok to save changes and click Restart the computer.

Hope the above information is helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

msi z270-a pro only works with two ram memories

1. msi z270-a pro only works with two ram memories - Similar Threads - msi z270 pro

2. Why is only the half of my physical memory available? RAM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is only the half of my physical memory available? RAM: Hey, I have installed 16GB RAM, the entire RAM is 15,9GB but only 9,4GB is available. Is this "normal"? Picture is in german sorry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-only-the-half-of-my-physical-memory/0b58de63-bbe5-4198-9cdb-d47fa456fa68
  3. Windows 10 Pro Only seeing 192Gb on my 256Gb Memory RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Only seeing 192Gb on my 256Gb Memory RAM: Hello everyone, I'm Martin from France and I have a question for the community.First of all sorry for my English, there will be mistakes because I haven't practiced for a very long time.I will explain my problem to you, I am a graphic designer and I built a great PC, I put a...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Only seeing 192Gb on my 256Gb Memory RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro Only seeing 192Gb on my 256Gb Memory RAM: Hello everyone, I'm Martin from France and I have a question for the community.First of all sorry for my English, there will be mistakes because I haven't practiced for a very long time.I will explain my problem to you, I am a graphic designer and I built a great PC, I put a...
  5. Windows 10 Pro Only seeing 192Gb on my 256Gb Memory RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. RAM memory slots not working !!!

RAM memory slots not working !!!: After replacing the paste on the processor, the RAM slots do not work. I had 4 busy, at the moment I have 1 and 3 busy, I put the memory in slots 2 and 4. It causes that the computer does not start and after a few seconds, reset itself. Can I fix it somehow? 182999
  7. RAM Memory

RAM Memory: Why my setup says that I have 8,00 GB RAM memory but shows that just 6,93 GB is usable? How to fix it? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ram-memory/6eec79ea-1b95-4395-bdcd-b9d91524dd03
  8. MSI - Speakers only work when headphones are plugged in.

MSI - Speakers only work when headphones are plugged in.: In September of 2019 I bought a MSI P65 CREATOR RE. After a few months of using, I started to get some problems with the sound. My speakers stops working but if I plug my headphones on the 3.5mm jack input, the sound starts working on speakers. As soon as I unplug the...
  9. MSI Gaming M5 z270

in Windows 10 Support
    MSI Gaming M5 z270: Hey guys I had a weird situation earlier today, I cleaned my entire pc made sure everything was hooked up right and booted into bios and it froze on me in bios! Now here is what I noted.. USB hub had Fitbit plugged into it along with my cell, Also I have 2 NVME drives and...
  10. Reset only worked for two days

Reset only worked for two days: My windows 10 computer said it ran into a problem and couldn't repair itself. I did a reset and loaded software back. Then two days later the same thing happened again. Is it worth doing a reset again? Do I need a new computer? This one is 4-5 years old and has been...