Windows 10: MSI Z270 PC MATE with Windows 1909: Intel ME showing as Legacy device and BlueScreen when...

Discus and support MSI Z270 PC MATE with Windows 1909: Intel ME showing as Legacy device and BlueScreen when... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; MSI Z270 PC MATE with Windows 1909: Intel ME showing as Legacy device and BlueScreen when trying to install its driver. The Intel Management Engine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Markus Spies, Jan 17, 2020.

1. MSI Z270 PC MATE with Windows 1909: Intel ME showing as Legacy device and BlueScreen when...

MSI Z270 PC MATE with Windows 1909: Intel ME showing as Legacy device and BlueScreen when trying to install its driver.

The Intel Management Engine driver does not show anymore, the device is shown as Legacy device. This happens with the news driver by MSI and the news by Intel.

When i try to install the driver from the right Intel driver package, Windows tells me the driver is compatible for the device and then bluescreens off me, reseting the device to Legacy device.

HardwareID: ACPI\VEN_INT&DEV_0800

Is the Intel ME not needed anymore in Windows 10 1909 or just not working any more or buggy?

:)

Markus Spies, Jan 17, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

MSI bios boot logo (frozen?)

If you have any USB device connected, disconnect for now.
    Go into BIOS:
    1. At boot time, the BIOS is checking for all devices attached to the PC, turn off the MSI boot logo under boot menu so you can see the text displayed of each step and note which device is hanging.
    2. Under Advance->Windows 8/8.1/10: Enable MSI Fast Boot so that BIOS will bypass checking most devices that are none essential for booting. This will improve the boot process. Note that this is different from fast boot that you set in Windows.
    Some third party drivers that you downloaded from the MSI website might not be up to date, try to download the latest driver(s) from the original manufacturers such Intel Chip Set, Network driver etc....

topgundcp, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Jan 17, 2020
  4. MSI Z270 PC MATE with Windows 1909: Intel ME showing as Legacy device and BlueScreen when...

DVD RW Drive

The motherboard is MSI Z270 PC MATE (MS-7A72)

SqueakyFireSquirrel, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

MSI Z270 PC MATE with Windows 1909: Intel ME showing as Legacy device and BlueScreen when...

1. MSI Z270 PC MATE with Windows 1909: Intel ME showing as Legacy device and BlueScreen when... - Similar Threads - MSI Z270 MATE

2. Pc bluescreened when trying to update from w10 1909 to 21h2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc bluescreened when trying to update from w10 1909 to 21h2: Why did this happen? I downloaded the Windows Update Assistant from the OFFICIAL MICROSOFT WEBSITE. I then opened the .exe file, then clicked install. It was downloading and verifying normally. And when it was installing, when it was almost done, it BLUESCREENED? WHY...
  3. Pc bluescreened when trying to update from w10 1909 to 21h2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc bluescreened when trying to update from w10 1909 to 21h2: Why did this happen? I downloaded the Windows Update Assistant from the OFFICIAL MICROSOFT WEBSITE. I then opened the .exe file, then clicked install. It was downloading and verifying normally. And when it was installing, when it was almost done, it BLUESCREENED? WHY...
  4. Pc bluescreened when trying to update from w10 1909 to 21h2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 on Z270 Asus TUF Mark 1 Asus or Intel Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 on Z270 Asus TUF Mark 1 Asus or Intel Drivers: I have an Asus z270 Tuf Mark 1. I installed windows 10 on it and forgot not to allow Windows to install its drivers. That isn't a concern due to how I need to get rid of them. The problem I am having is figuring out just whose drivers to use.1 Intel, Asus, Microsoft, Realtek,...
  6. Windows 10 on Z270 Asus TUF Mark 1 Asus or Intel Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 on Z270 Asus TUF Mark 1 Asus or Intel Drivers: I have an Asus z270 Tuf Mark 1. I installed windows 10 on it and forgot not to allow Windows to install its drivers. That isn't a concern due to how I need to get rid of them. The problem I am having is figuring out just whose drivers to use.1 Intel, Asus, Microsoft, Realtek,...
  7. msi z270-a pro only works with two ram memories

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    msi z270-a pro only works with two ram memories: Hi, the msi z270-a pro motherboard only works with two ram memory cards when I add one or two more and it won't boot anymore. Now I am using with two 8gb modules and I have two 4gb modules unused because of this problem. The cpu pins are fine, the cables are also well...
  8. OpenCL On Intel Legacy CPU

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OpenCL On Intel Legacy CPU: Hey Anyone that's willing to explain this. I've been asking this question in my head for the past couple of months. "Can You Get OpenCL On Intel Legacy CPU's without a proper GPU?" I've been researching for a while. Not finding any helpful information. I will mark any...
  9. Bluescreens when playing after updating to 1909

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreens when playing after updating to 1909: So I just updated to 1909 and I've already had 2 bluescreens, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. My games also randomly shuts down Here's the bluescreen dmp file https://gofile.io/?c=iAFmKA...
  10. MSI Gaming M5 z270

in Windows 10 Support
    MSI Gaming M5 z270: Hey guys I had a weird situation earlier today, I cleaned my entire pc made sure everything was hooked up right and booted into bios and it froze on me in bios! Now here is what I noted.. USB hub had Fitbit plugged into it along with my cell, Also I have 2 NVME drives and...