Windows 10: MSI Z77a-G43 showing speakers are plugged in.

Discus and support MSI Z77a-G43 showing speakers are plugged in. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have a weird one for you. I'm running Windows 10 Pro on an MSI Z77a-G43. The onboard audio (Realtek) is recognized correctly and detects when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pilotguide, Oct 30, 2019.

1. MSI Z77a-G43 showing speakers are plugged in.

So I have a weird one for you. I'm running Windows 10 Pro on an MSI Z77a-G43. The onboard audio (Realtek) is recognized correctly and detects when devices are plugged in. Two very strange issues here.

1. In device manager under 'Audio inputs and outputs' it lists a speaker as being plugged in to the rear port. However no devices are currently plugged in for sound.
    2. When I plug my headset into the front panel it shows in device manager as a microphone. I've checked the plug for the front panel to confirm it is installed correctly. I also have uninstalled/installed drivers over and over.

I cannot figure out if it's some hidden setting or a problem with the board. Have any of you seen this before?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/pilotguide
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pilotguide, Oct 30, 2019

2. MSI Laptop speakers 'not plugged in'.

Hi,

In order for us to properly address your issue with the speakers and headphones are not plugged in, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Just to verify, did you install the latest sound driver from the manufacturer of your computer?
    Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Oct 30, 2019
  3. MSI Laptop speakers 'not plugged in'.

Hey all, I'm trying to get my Wife's MSI GE62 6QF Apache Pro gaming laptop to resolve a sound issue.

Right now the sound icon has a red x and says 'No speakers or headphones are plugged in'. She's only had this issue recently after I uninstalled a program that was giving her some frustration called 'PowerDVD12'.

I've tried:

* Updating the drivers

* Uninstalling the drivers and updating them

* Uninstalling the drivers and resetting laptop

* Uninstalling the drivers and updating them via the 'choose a file from your computer' option

Some things to note:

* The speakers work when I 'Test' them, I get 3 dings from the left speaker followed by 3 on the right, so they're functioning; the same thing happens with earbuds plugged into the laptop, 3 dings in the left earbud followed by the right.

* When I select them in 'Playback Devices' and set them as default, as soon as I close the window they are no longer set to be the default.

* Sound still will not work if I leave them selected as default but refrain from closing the 'Playback Devices' window.

* Her Bluetooth headset shows up under devices, and is showing as connected, but is not an option under 'Playback Devices', even with 'Show Disabled Devices' and 'Show Disconnected Devices' options selected.

EDIT: I've also tried enabling onboard sound though the BIOS, but there's no option to do so. Are there different versions of BIOS that I can access? If so I was hitting the DEL key to access the BIOS.

dcarroll394, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Jonatino Win User

MSI Z77a-G43 showing speakers are plugged in.

Rear audio ports always show as “Not plugged in”

I've been having this issue with Windows for about a week now which NONE of the back panel/front panel connectors (speakers, microphone) are being recognized by Realtek audio manager. The only audio input/outputs that are showing are the optical.
    Troubling shooting steps I've tried (none worked):

• COMPLETELY uninstall all Realtek drivers/reinstall
    • Tried using windows drivers
    • Reinstall Windows 10
    • Upgraded chipset driver
    • sfc /scannow
    I called EVGA and asked for RMA but then I booted into a Ubuntu OS and all the ports work FINE. It must be a problem with windows 10.
    Can you think of any other troubling shooting step I can try to fix this annoying issue? Thanks!
    Screenshot of playback devices:

MSI Z77a-G43 showing speakers are plugged in. [​IMG]

Screenshot of Realtek HD Audio Manager:

After looking in Device Manager under Audio inputs and outputs, I don't see any speaker/microphone listings, only the optical crap:

Jonatino, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

MSI Z77a-G43 showing speakers are plugged in.

1. MSI Z77a-G43 showing speakers are plugged in. - Similar Threads - MSI Z77a G43

2. no speaker or headphones are plugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no speaker or headphones are plugged: مشكلة في الصوت لايعمل https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-speaker-or-headphones-are-plugged/b216d393-e615-4584-a930-662f0a53c7e3
  3. no speakers or headphones are plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no speakers or headphones are plugged in: I use an ROG GL551 laptop and yesterday the internal speakers stopped working and when I ran the troubleshooter and restarted my computer I got the audio error "no speakers or headphones are plugged in"I went to YouTube and tried almost every fix I could fine, I typed the add...
  4. no speakers or headphones are plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no speakers or headphones are plugged in: I use an ROG GL551 laptop and yesterday the internal speakers stopped working and when I ran the troubleshooter and restarted my computer I got the audio error "no speakers or headphones are plugged in"I went to YouTube and tried almost every fix I could fine, I typed the add...
  5. No speakers or headphones are plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No speakers or headphones are plugged in.: My sound icon has a red x and when I hover on it, it comes up with the message, 'No speakers or headphones are plugged in'. On device manager, I have no sound drivers installed I used to have realtek other than my headphones, for which the sound works for when i connect them....
  6. No Speakers and Headphones Are Plugged In

No Speakers and Headphones Are Plugged In: Hi, guys I was playing YT and then the screen was freeze so I decide to press my force restart button on my PC. And now my speakers, microphones, headphones, or any audio devices not detected by my PC. I did some tutorial from google or YT but it doesn't work, like Uninstall...
  7. MSI - Speakers only work when headphones are plugged in.

MSI - Speakers only work when headphones are plugged in.: In September of 2019 I bought a MSI P65 CREATOR RE. After a few months of using, I started to get some problems with the sound. My speakers stops working but if I plug my headphones on the 3.5mm jack input, the sound starts working on speakers. As soon as I unplug the...
  8. No Speakers or Headphones are plugged in

No Speakers or Headphones are plugged in: I recently installed win10 on a new clean hard-disk and afterwards found that the sound is not working. I am using ECS manufactured PC With Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-3330 CPU @ 3.00GHz [ATTACH] I've downloaded the latest Realtek driver and it doesn't show on...
  9. Monitor(With speakers)/Speaker showing up as "Not Plugged In"

Monitor(With speakers)/Speaker showing up as "Not Plugged In": Okay so I've had this problem for a while and I didn't really bother to try and fix it before now. https://i.imgur.com/1Cz6fES.png https://i.imgur.com/TnN7PIt.png I have NO CLUE why I have so many devices, but the thing is that the only available audio is through a...
  10. Win 10 drivers for MSI Z77A-G45 none gaming

Win 10 drivers for MSI Z77A-G45 none gaming: hi all so i have MSI Z77A-G45 and so far its working ok with win 10 here are the drivers i have so far in a list of drivers i updated. Latest intel chipset from Intel latest audio from Realtek MS update intel ME and Intel rapid start MS has USB 3 installed Could...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msi z77a-g43 speaker

2. no sound after april 2018 update msi z77a g43