Windows 10: Msiexec.exe

Discus and support Msiexec.exe in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is this safe? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msiexecexe/e82499f0-caba-40f0-9ff5-0b4b08c8b06d Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BIGGERROBBOB, May 15, 2019 at 4:42 PM.

1. Msiexec.exe

Is this safe?

Msiexec.exe f6214729-252b-49d9-92ba-5891090f954f?upload=true.png

:)

BIGGERROBBOB, May 15, 2019 at 4:42 PM
  2. rfhar Win User

msiexec problem

During each boot-up the last few weeks I am getting a strange Popup window labeled "Windows Installer" what does it mean and how to fix the problem. I run memtest86 for about 25 hours and nine full cycles and all was well. The SFC and DISM did not help either.
    I have reduced my Startup listings down to ten programs. I also Searched my "C" partition for msiexec/* and then msiexec and nothing was found.

I have gotten to the point where one could define my efforts as insanity.

Windows Installer V. 5.0.14393.0

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

3. Eric Ber Win User
    Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

4. Msiexec.exe

1628 error message during installation on Window 10

Hi,

We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to unregister and re-register the Windows installer service by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys to open the Run Dialog box.
    • Type msiexec /unregister and press Enter/click on OK to unregister the service.
    • Press Windows + R keys to open the Run Dialog box.
    • Type msiexec /regserver and press Enter/click on OK to re-register the service.

Try to install the application and check for status.

Keep us posted for further assistance regarding the issue.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 15, 2019 at 4:45 PM
Thema:

Msiexec.exe

1. Msiexec.exe - Similar Threads - Msiexec exe

2. Installing an .exe File from a trusted source

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing an .exe File from a trusted source: I have attempted to install a Program from fidelity.com and I continue to get the following warning: [ATTACH] I am the administrator, I have disabled firewall, Antivirus, Checked security policies, created policies to allow this to install. and I am still blocked. Any...
  3. Folders turned into .exe in flash usb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders turned into .exe in flash usb: All my folders in my Flash USB turned into .exe files and my Avast antivirus deleted some of them. I have tried restarting when i saw this. and i have scanned my computer but it shows nothing. please help....
  4. Why does bitdefender think rundll32.exe and explorer.exe are viruses

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why does bitdefender think rundll32.exe and explorer.exe are viruses: pls halp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/why-does-bitdefender-think-rundll32exe-and/aa33123d-33de-4ac9-b3ba-e7b693885828
  5. I can't run .exe files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't run .exe files.: Hi there! Recently, I was not able to run .exe files. For some reason, windows defender found svchost.exe as a virus, so I deleted it. This instantly closed all exe files I had running and closed task manager (which I cannot open anymore). I am very worried as there are many...
  6. Windows 10x64 Pro can't open Logitec SetPoint6.69.123_64.exe and previous driver updates.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10x64 Pro can't open Logitec SetPoint6.69.123_64.exe and previous driver updates.: I've got Windows 10 64bit Pro upgraded from similar Windows 7 and XP before that again. Due to the loss of keyboard features during Windows updates last fall, I started to lose keyboard functionality on theLogitec Mx 3100. The corresponding Cordless Desktop Receiver and...
  7. What is rundll32.exe process? Is it a virus?

in Windows 10 News
    What is rundll32.exe process? Is it a virus?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]A lot of Windows users have doubts about whether the rundll32.exe process that they see in the Task Manager is a genuine process or a virus. The reason behind these inquiries is the paranoia created by fraud tech support companies [...] This post What is...
  8. MSIEXEC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MSIEXEC: So recently I tried installing this msi file. Completely normal, it asked me what app i wanted to use and i selected the first one : However the file does not install and it keeps asking me the same question over and over again even if i press ok it doesnt change. Any...
  9. Windows ® Installer. V 5.0.17134.228 msiexec /Option <Required Parameter> [Optional Parameter]

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows ® Installer. V 5.0.17134.228 msiexec /Option <Required Parameter> [Optional Parameter]: How can I remove Windows ® Installer. V 5.0.17134.228 msiexec /Option <Required Parameter> [Optional Parameter] from my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-installer-v-5017134228-msiexec-option/f94340ee-636b-4a66-9095-a083ea198ff4
  10. msiexec no reboot option

in Windows 10 Support
    msiexec no reboot option: whats wrong with this command as i dont want it to restart after it uninstalls sep but it restarts start /wait MsiExec.exe /X {8097EE64-FDE1-409A-B25D-3DFD862871E1} /passive /norestart 84867