Windows 10: msiexec no reboot option

Discus and support msiexec no reboot option in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; whats wrong with this command as i dont want it to restart after it uninstalls sep but it restarts start /wait MsiExec.exe /X... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by robertkwild, May 18, 2017.

1. msiexec no reboot option

whats wrong with this command as i dont want it to restart after it uninstalls sep but it restarts

start /wait MsiExec.exe /X {8097EE64-FDE1-409A-B25D-3DFD862871E1} /passive /norestart

:)

robertkwild, May 18, 2017
  2. SarahKong Win User

download

If you want to keep it simple.

Just reboot and try again.

This will reset the msiexec and stop any rogue installs.

SarahKong, May 18, 2017
  3. msiexec /Option <Required Parameter> [Optional Parameter] Windows Installer

1. I can, unfortunately i have no way of pasting this so I will have to type it out.

msiexec /Option <Required Parameter> [Optional Parameter]

Install Options

</package | /i> <Product.msi>

Installs or configures a product

/a <Product.msi>

Administrative install - Installs a product on the network

/j<u|m> <Product.msi> [/t <Transform List>] [/g <Language ID>]

Advertises a product - m to all users, u to current user

</uninstall | /x> <Product.msi | ProductCode>

Uninstalls the product

Display Options

/quiet

Quiet mode, no user interaction

/passive

Unattended mode - progress bar only

/q[n|b|r|f]

Sets user interface level

n - No UI

b - Basic UI

r - Reduced UI

f - Full UI (default)

/help

Help information

Restart Options

/norestart

Do not restart after the installation is complete

/promptrestart

Prompts the user for restart if necessary

/forcerestart

Always restart the computer after installation

Logging Options

/l[i|w|e|a|r|u|c|m|o|p|v|x|+|!|*] <LogFile>

i - Status messages

w - Nonfatal warnings

e - All error messages

a - Start up of actions

r - Action-specific records

u - User requests

c - Initial UI parameters

m - Out-of-memory or fatal exit information

o - Out-of-disk-space messages

p - Terminal properties

v - Verbose output

x - Extra debugging information

+ - Append to existing log file

! - Flush each line to the log

* - Log all information, except for v and x options

/log <LogFile>

Equivalent of /l* <LogFile>

Update Options

/update <Update1.msp>[;Update2.msp]

Applies update(s)

/uninstall <PatchCodeGuid>[;Update2.msp] /package <Product.msi | ProductCode>

Remove update(s) for a product

Repair Options

/f[p|e|c|m|s|o|d|a|u|v] <Product.msi | ProductCode>

Repairs a product

p - only if file is missing

o - if file is missing or an older version is installed (default)

e - if file is missing or an equal or older version is installed

d - if file is missing or a different version is installed

c - if file is missing or checksum does not match the calculated value

a - forces all files to be reinstalled

u - all required user-specific registry entries (default)

m - all required computer-specific registry entries (default)

s - all existing shortcuts (default)

v - runs from source and recaches local package

Setting Public Properties

[PROPERTY=PropertyValue]

2. After I installed WIndows 10 I also installed Office and Outlook both 2010.

3. I am not trying to install anything. The popup just randomly happens anytime during the day.

-My laptop is uptodate.

PaulChakrabarty, May 18, 2017
Thema:

msiexec no reboot option

1. msiexec no reboot option - Similar Threads - msiexec reboot option

2. what does msiexec /unregister do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what does msiexec /unregister do: I want a specific example forAfter I open cmd and type msiexec /unregister and press enterand do what can I see the effect of the above command?And then I double click any .msi file and I can still install them. I did not reregister the msiexecSo what does msiexec /unregister...
  3. what does msiexec /unregister do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what does msiexec /unregister do: I want a specific example forAfter I open cmd and type msiexec /unregister and press enterand do what can I see the effect of the above command?And then I double click any .msi file and I can still install them. I did not reregister the msiexecSo what does msiexec /unregister...
  4. what does msiexec /unregister do

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Cannot open MSI files. Not recognized by Msiexec?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open MSI files. Not recognized by Msiexec?: I am on windows 10 and Just after yesterdays update tried to open an msi file suddenly its asking me to choose a file to open it with?? iv tried opening with the original system32 msiexec but it says it cannot recognize it, even tried opening old msi files that I had used in...
  6. msiexec Deploy an MSI with script

in Windows 10 Customization
    msiexec Deploy an MSI with script: Hi I hope this is the right group. I have an application MSI that I need to deploy via group policy startup script.The MSI has a parameter I must specify so because of that I believe I must use a Batch file startup script rather than just use the software installation feature...
  7. my msiexec isnt made by microsoft, is it normal

my msiexec isnt made by microsoft, is it normal: it also has a md5 of 0a8797d088023a7f17bb00b22ff7c91036070cca561bff5337c472313c0cb4ad, is it normal, and it isn't made by microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-msiexec-isnt-made-by-microsoft-is-it-normal/edeba389-724c-428f-941a-7b350fd1292a
  8. msiexec access denied

in Windows 10 Support
    msiexec access denied: Hello, Having got my new OC (10 Enterprise). I've done all the updating it required so it's fully up to date. I started to install all my programs. A few days later the install programs stopped working, both msi and exe. From what I can tell it's "msiexec.exe" which has...
  9. MSIEXEC

MSIEXEC: So recently I tried installing this msi file. Completely normal, it asked me what app i wanted to use and i selected the first one : However the file does not install and it keeps asking me the same question over and over again even if i press ok it doesnt change. Any...
  10. Windows ® Installer. V 5.0.17134.228 msiexec /Option <Required Parameter> [Optional Parameter]

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows ® Installer. V 5.0.17134.228 msiexec /Option <Required Parameter> [Optional Parameter]: How can I remove Windows ® Installer. V 5.0.17134.228 msiexec /Option <Required Parameter> [Optional Parameter] from my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-installer-v-5017134228-msiexec-option/f94340ee-636b-4a66-9095-a083ea198ff4