Windows 10: MSIEXEC

Discus and support MSIEXEC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So recently I tried installing this msi file. Completely normal, it asked me what app i wanted to use and i selected the first one : However the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ArslanBabur, Apr 4, 2019.

1. MSIEXEC

So recently I tried installing this msi file. Completely normal, it asked me what app i wanted to use and i selected the first one : However the file does not install and it keeps asking me the same question over and over again even if i press ok it doesnt change. Any solutions

MSIEXEC c2650e28-a4c1-4567-8eb1-5dabf0113ce4?upload=true.png

:)

ArslanBabur, Apr 4, 2019
  2. rfhar Win User

msiexec problem

During each boot-up the last few weeks I am getting a strange Popup window labeled "Windows Installer" what does it mean and how to fix the problem. I run memtest86 for about 25 hours and nine full cycles and all was well. The SFC and DISM did not help either.
    I have reduced my Startup listings down to ten programs. I also Searched my "C" partition for msiexec/* and then msiexec and nothing was found.

I have gotten to the point where one could define my efforts as insanity.

Windows Installer V. 5.0.14393.0

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

rfhar, Apr 4, 2019
  3. 1628 error message during installation on Window 10

Hi,

We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to unregister and re-register the Windows installer service by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys to open the Run Dialog box.
    • Type msiexec /unregister and press Enter/click on OK to unregister the service.
    • Press Windows + R keys to open the Run Dialog box.
    • Type msiexec /regserver and press Enter/click on OK to re-register the service.

Try to install the application and check for status.

Keep us posted for further assistance regarding the issue.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 4, 2019
  4. mc3pro Win User

MSIEXEC

Keep getting error: "Another program is being installed please wait until the installation is complete and then try installing the software again"

Did all steps suggested and still does note work. Run cannot find msiexec/unregister.

mc3pro, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

MSIEXEC

1. MSIEXEC - Similar Threads - MSIEXEC

2. I am using win10 and tried to access msiexec in order to fix an installation problem. It...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am using win10 and tried to access msiexec in order to fix an installation problem. It...: I am using win10 and tried to access msiexec in order to fix an installation problem.It is not there. I tried searching for it but it does not come up anywhere.Any suggestions?...
  3. I am using win10 and tried to access msiexec in order to fix an installation problem. It...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am using win10 and tried to access msiexec in order to fix an installation problem. It...: I am using win10 and tried to access msiexec in order to fix an installation problem.It is not there. I tried searching for it but it does not come up anywhere.Any suggestions?...
  4. I am using win10 and tried to access msiexec in order to fix an installation problem. It...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows installer and msiexec isn't on my pc at all and I can't install any .msi files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows installer and msiexec isn't on my pc at all and I can't install any .msi files: I can't install .msi files on my new Windows 11 pc and i've tried everything. I was told to use sfc checker and troubleshoot but that didn't work. Windows Installer isnt even a service listed on my pc and msiexec just isn't there. I have no idea what to do. Pls help...
  6. Windows installer and msiexec isn't on my pc at all and I can't install any .msi files

Windows installer and msiexec isn't on my pc at all and I can't install any .msi files: I can't install .msi files on my new Windows 11 pc and i've tried everything. I was told to use sfc checker and troubleshoot but that didn't work. Windows Installer isnt even a service listed on my pc and msiexec just isn't there. I have no idea what to do. Pls help...
  7. what does msiexec /unregister do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what does msiexec /unregister do: I want a specific example forAfter I open cmd and type msiexec /unregister and press enterand do what can I see the effect of the above command?And then I double click any .msi file and I can still install them. I did not reregister the msiexecSo what does msiexec /unregister...
  8. what does msiexec /unregister do

what does msiexec /unregister do: I want a specific example forAfter I open cmd and type msiexec /unregister and press enterand do what can I see the effect of the above command?And then I double click any .msi file and I can still install them. I did not reregister the msiexecSo what does msiexec /unregister...
  9. what does msiexec /unregister do

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Cannot open MSI files. Not recognized by Msiexec?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open MSI files. Not recognized by Msiexec?: I am on windows 10 and Just after yesterdays update tried to open an msi file suddenly its asking me to choose a file to open it with?? iv tried opening with the original system32 msiexec but it says it cannot recognize it, even tried opening old msi files that I had used in...