Windows 10: msinfo32.exe where does it get its information from?

Discus and support msinfo32.exe where does it get its information from? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I installed Surfshark VPN and after that had some crazy info in start-up , but only when I use system information, so i made a copy of the sytem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by skylink, Jul 17, 2020.

1. skylink Win User

msinfo32.exe where does it get its information from?

I installed Surfshark VPN and after that had some crazy info in start-up , but only when I use system information, so i made a copy of the sytem information and searched and found:

<Category name="Start-up Programs">
    <Data>
    <Program><![CDATA[]]></Program>
    <Command><![CDATA[需尙ȑ]]></Command>
    <Username><![CDATA[NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM]]></Username>
    <Location><![CDATA[HKU\S-1-5-18\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]]></Location>
    </Data>
    If I go back to a resore point before Surfshark this info above is gone, Install Surfshark and its back?

Wonder who can piont me to where this garbage can be deleted

:)

skylink, Jul 17, 2020
  2. Farles Win User

MSInfo32.exe won't work.

Whenever MSInfo32.exe is run, it immediately shuts down and states that "System Information has stopped working". Has anyone had a similar problem, and how was it fixed?

Farles, Jul 17, 2020
  3. msinfo32.exe consistently using 25% of CPU

Msinfo32.exe opens on its own and keeps running, like it does for amanofgod4ever,

then it pops up again about every 30 minutes. I have strong CPU it's not really an issue for me, BUT WHY it keeps popping up all the time?

This appears to be a useless cycle, and I'm thinking about deleting msinfo32 altogether.

SzilardAndras, Jul 17, 2020
  4. msinfo32.exe where does it get its information from?

MSInfo32.exe won't work.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods given below and check.

Method 1:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow
    If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 2:

You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

msinfo32.exe where does it get its information from?

1. msinfo32.exe where does it get its information from? - Similar Threads - msinfo32 exe where

2. MSINFO32 doesnt' show up any informations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSINFO32 doesnt' show up any informations: Hi everyone,The problem am encountering is when I start MSINFO it does not give me any information. screenshot of the view below, I have made several unsuccessful attempts, do you have any other solution / advice to give me?the last try is to reinstall the o.s but we would...
  3. MSINFO32.exe System Information not working [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    MSINFO32.exe System Information not working [Fix]: [IMG]If MSINFO32.exe or System Information is not working on your Windows 11/10 PC, read this post to learn how to fix it. System Information Tool (or the MSINFO32.exe tool) is a Windows utility that tells you almost everything about your computer. This includes the system...
  4. Where does this .exe store its pane layout?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where does this .exe store its pane layout?: I am using a portable? exe, not requiring an install.https://www.mazdak-alborz.com/download - evanIt allows to drag its panes, which it remembers between sessions.The pane layout is now in a corrupted state, one pane does not show up and I would like to "reset" it.I was...
  5. Where does this .exe store its pane layout?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where does this .exe store its pane layout?: I am using a portable? exe, not requiring an install.https://www.mazdak-alborz.com/download - evanIt allows to drag its panes, which it remembers between sessions.The pane layout is now in a corrupted state, one pane does not show up and I would like to "reset" it.I was...
  6. Where does this .exe store its pane layout?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Where does Windows Task Manager store its Startup tab information?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where does Windows Task Manager store its Startup tab information?: Even after deleting the corresponding programs, they are still listed in Task Manager.I want to delete these entries manually.Where does Windows Task Manager get its information from for displaying programs in the Startup tab?...
  8. Where does Windows Task Manager store its Startup tab information?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where does Windows Task Manager store its Startup tab information?: Even after deleting the corresponding programs, they are still listed in Task Manager.I want to delete these entries manually.Where does Windows Task Manager get its information from for displaying programs in the Startup tab?...
  9. Where does Windows Task Manager store its Startup tab information?

10. From Where Does Microsoft Get its Weather App Data?

From Where Does Microsoft Get its Weather App Data?: Hello, Overall, I really like the Microsoft Weather App on Windows 10. It provides a wealth of information. However, I would also suggest that The Weather Channel's data @ http://weather.com is more accurate, especially in severe weather situations. As a special bonus...