Windows 10: msinfo32 Remote Computer

Discus and support msinfo32 Remote Computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey everybody, I'd like to use the Remote Computer... feature of Microsoft Information. However, I keep getting the error "the connection to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sam472, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Sam472 Win User

msinfo32 Remote Computer

Hey everybody,

I'd like to use the Remote Computer... feature of Microsoft Information. However, I keep getting the error "the connection to <computer name> could not be established. Check to see that the network path name is correct, that you have sufficient permission to access Windows Management instrumentation, and that Windows Management Instrumentation is installed on the computer."

Can anyone shed light on to why this is happening?

:)

Sam472, Jul 2, 2020

2. msinfo32 Remote Computer

Hi,

I'm Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor and I understand from the description that you are not able to do remote connections, please follow the below instructions to fix the issue.

Step 1:

Go to the search box next to Windows icon and type Services.

Step 2:

Click to open Services and then scroll down and find the service by name Windows Management Instrumentation service

Step 3:

Right-click on this service and then select Stop.

Step 4:

Go to C:\Windows\System32\Wbem & then delete the folder named "Repository"

Step 7:

Switch to Services & then start the Windows Management Instrumentation service

Step 8:

Now do the remote connections.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Aug 5, 2020
  3. msinfo32 Remote Computer

Hi,

Please try the below fixes one by one to ensure your problem is solved.

Fix#1

Possible Issues: The Windows Firewall is blocking the connection.

Quick fix: execute “netsh firewall set service RemoteAdmin enable” from command console at the monitored host (not the host on which the Collector is running). After passing this command, you can use the Windows Firewall snap-in console (wf.msc) to further
    tighten access to this port to only be accessible by a certain host, user, or interface.

Fix#2

Possible Issues: The user does not have remote access to the computer through DCOM. Quick fix: Give the user Remote Launch and Remote Activation permissions in dcomcnfg.

Click Start, click Run, type DCOMCNFG, and then click OK.

In the Component Services dialog box, expand Component Services, expand Computers, and then right-click My Computer and click Properties.

In the My Computer Properties dialog box, click the COM Security tab.

Under Access Permissions, click Edit Limits.

In the Access Permission dialog box, select the user used by Collector in the Group or user names box (for example, the following figure allows the user ‘logicmonitor’ to access WMI remotely). In the Allow column under Permissions for User, select Remote Access,
    and then click OK.

Fix#3

Possible Issues: If a user tries to connect to a namespace they are not allowed access. By default, this permission is enabled only for administrators. Quick fix: An administrator can enable remote access to specific WMI namespaces for a nonadministrator user.

In the Control Panel, double-click Administrative Tools.

In the Administrative Tools window, double-click Computer Management.

In the Computer Management window, expand the Services and Applications tree.

Right-click the WMI Control icon and select Properties.

In the Security tab, select the namespace and click the Security button.

Locate the appropriate account and check Remote Enable and Read Security in the Permissions list.

Click the Advanced button and highlight the user.

Click Edit…

Ensure the Apply to the field is set to This namespace and subnamespaces

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Aug 5, 2020
  4. lbeck Win User

msinfo32 Remote Computer

Can I start a computer remotely?

It occurs to me that maybe I'm working on the wrong computer. Possibly the remote computer is configured properly and the problem is with the computer sending the wake-up call.

Can someone recommend a step-by-step protocol for pinging or sending a wake up command to the remote computer?

Thanks

lbeck, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

msinfo32 Remote Computer

1. msinfo32 Remote Computer - Similar Threads - msinfo32 Remote Computer

2. msinfo32 showing wrong info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msinfo32 showing wrong info: hey so it doesnt matter how many times i reset my windows or flash bios it still will show my wrong motherboard and its kinda annoying me is there any way to fix this?...
  3. msinfo32 showing wrong info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    msinfo32 showing wrong info: hey so it doesnt matter how many times i reset my windows or flash bios it still will show my wrong motherboard and its kinda annoying me is there any way to fix this?...
  4. Invalid system info in msinfo32

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid system info in msinfo32: I fell for a virus that corrupted information about my system in msinfo32. Then I tried to somehow fix it, reinstalled Windows, but it didn’t help. I found the program and manually replaced the information. But now this information is static, and for example, after updating...
  5. Invalid system info in msinfo32

Invalid system info in msinfo32: I fell for a virus that corrupted information about my system in msinfo32. Then I tried to somehow fix it, reinstalled Windows, but it didn’t help. I found the program and manually replaced the information. But now this information is static, and for example, after updating...
  6. Exporting MSInfo32 Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exporting MSInfo32 Problem: I am trying to upload MSInfo32 to Blizzard.com Technical help. I search my computer for MSInfo32 and it pops up in a new screen. I click on File, then Click on Export. Anew screen appears with a "Save as" option. I choose Desktop and then a file I created called msinfo. A...
  7. Exporting MSInfo32 Problem

Exporting MSInfo32 Problem: I am trying to upload MSInfo32 to Blizzard.com Technical help. I search my computer for MSInfo32 and it pops up in a new screen. I click on File, then Click on Export. Anew screen appears with a "Save as" option. I choose Desktop and then a file I created called msinfo. A...
  8. Exporting MSInfo32 Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. msinfo32 is not running on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    msinfo32 is not running on Windows 10: System Summary says Can't collect information Failed connection to this computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msinfo32-is-not-running-on-windows-10/f89e4222-96ab-4f75-8ac0-668fe2040785
  10. MSinfo32

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MSinfo32: From the MS magazine - we'd like to introduce you to an amazingly useful, but little-known application, called "MSinfo32". What does it do I hear you ask? Very simply, it displays lots of useful information about your computer, information that you might want to know. Or not...