Windows 10: MSinfo32

Discus and support MSinfo32 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; From the MS magazine - we'd like to introduce you to an amazingly useful, but little-known application, called "MSinfo32". What does it do I hear you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by elbmek, May 30, 2016.

1. elbmek Win User

MSinfo32

From the MS magazine - we'd like to introduce you to an amazingly useful, but little-known application, called "MSinfo32". What does it do I hear you ask? Very simply, it displays lots of useful information about your computer, information that you might want to know. Or not realise you wanted to know. As well as basic information like the exact version of Windows you're running, the make and model of your computer, even the BIOS version, it can tell you things like the applications that start up when you boot your machine, graphics card and sound card makes, models and drivers and much more! It's a wealth of information.

Dont know if this is 'worth anything' to you out there

:)

elbmek, May 30, 2016
  2. Silven88 Win User

iaStora.sys BSOD, minidump and MSinfo32

In the past 3 days I've suddenly started getting BSOD, 4 in total now.

I'll typically either be playing a video game or browsing the web in Chrome.

The BSOD states the following:

Stop code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

What failed: iaStora.sys

My research has led me to a bunch of stuff mentioning Intels Rapid Storage Technology. I haven't messed with or updated any drivers relating to this since I received the laptop in January of 2016. MSI's website lists the same drivers that were available for
    download when I first got the system (published in 2015).

I'm running 2 Samsung SSD's in Raid 0, so it's my understanding that I need this driver(s). Some of the posts I've read have mentioned removing the driver resolves the problem, but if I'm not mistaken, that would mean no more RAID setup, correct? If so, this
    is not an option for me. The machine was custom built with this purpose in mind.

Below is my zip with minidumps and MSinfo32. Please let me know if you need more information, and thank you in advance.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxzguvTkvrVvQUxuUWs0dUhYNzA

Silven88, May 30, 2016
  3. iaStora.sys BSOD, minidump and MSinfo32

BugCheck D1, {ffffb10163e7d5a7, 2, 0, fffff80fa7d942b6}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iaStorA.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iaStorA.sys

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys

Probably caused by : iaStorA.sys ( iaStorA+c42b6
    )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel® Chipset Device Software (INF Update Utility)

Version: 10.1.1.42 (Latest) Date: 1/17/2017

Download Intel® Chipset Device Software (INF Update Utility)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel Rapid Storage Technology F6 Driver

Release Date 2016-10-27 OS Win10 64 Version 15.2.0.1020

f6flpy-x64_15.2.0.1020.zip

Support For GT72S 6QF Dragon Edition G 29th Anniversary Edition | Laptops - The best gaming laptop
    provider | MSI Global

Regards.

IT Guy Viki, May 30, 2016
  4. MSinfo32

Very basic application displaying very basic info, not so amazing, HWInfo for example, is much more informative.

TairikuOkami, May 30, 2016
  5. elbmek Win User
    ah well, I did wonder *Think
    Inu, som urobil zázrak *Wink

elbmek, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

MSinfo32

1. MSinfo32 - Similar Threads - MSinfo32

2. msinfo32 showing wrong info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msinfo32 showing wrong info: hey so it doesnt matter how many times i reset my windows or flash bios it still will show my wrong motherboard and its kinda annoying me is there any way to fix this?...
  3. msinfo32 showing wrong info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    msinfo32 showing wrong info: hey so it doesnt matter how many times i reset my windows or flash bios it still will show my wrong motherboard and its kinda annoying me is there any way to fix this?...
  4. Un-allowed DMA capable bus/devices detected - [Error Message from MSInfo32] possible cause...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Un-allowed DMA capable bus/devices detected - [Error Message from MSInfo32] possible cause...: Un-allowed DMA capable bus/devices detected - [Error Message from MSInfo32]I'm trying to get Virtualization-based security measures implemented but I get the above error message.I have: Window 10 ProI have disabled BitLocker automatic device encryption, plus turned it...
  5. Un-allowed DMA capable bus/devices detected - [Error Message from MSInfo32] possible cause...

Un-allowed DMA capable bus/devices detected - [Error Message from MSInfo32] possible cause...: Un-allowed DMA capable bus/devices detected - [Error Message from MSInfo32]I'm trying to get Virtualization-based security measures implemented but I get the above error message.I have: Window 10 ProI have disabled BitLocker automatic device encryption, plus turned it...
  6. Un-allowed DMA capable bus/devices detected - [Error Message from MSInfo32] possible cause...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Invalid system info in msinfo32

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid system info in msinfo32: I fell for a virus that corrupted information about my system in msinfo32. Then I tried to somehow fix it, reinstalled Windows, but it didn’t help. I found the program and manually replaced the information. But now this information is static, and for example, after updating...
  8. Invalid system info in msinfo32

Invalid system info in msinfo32: I fell for a virus that corrupted information about my system in msinfo32. Then I tried to somehow fix it, reinstalled Windows, but it didn’t help. I found the program and manually replaced the information. But now this information is static, and for example, after updating...
  9. How do I boot into Legacy or can i while my MSINFO32 window shows support for UEFI only?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I boot into Legacy or can i while my MSINFO32 window shows support for UEFI only?: Help Please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-boot-into-legacy-or-can-i-while-my/f06d95a9-9bff-498a-b379-fb5ed9bb6b86
  10. How do I boot into Legacy or can i while my MSINFO32 window shows support for UEFI only?

How do I boot into Legacy or can i while my MSINFO32 window shows support for UEFI only?: Help Please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-boot-into-legacy-or-can-i-while-my/f06d95a9-9bff-498a-b379-fb5ed9bb6b86