Windows 10: MSIServer won't stop

Discus and support MSIServer won't stop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, How do I stop the running instance of MSIServer? Task manager won't stop the process I get the requested operation is not permitted. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pfjaco, Sep 18, 2015.

1. pfjaco Win User

MSIServer won't stop

Hello all,
    How do I stop the running instance of MSIServer? Task manager won't stop the process I get the requested operation is not permitted. I have tried sc stop MSIServer from the command prompt as administrator and get error 1052 requested operation is not allowed. So how do I stop the service; the running instance is preventing anti virus from updating and other programs from installing. Any help is appreciated.
    Phil

:)

pfjaco, Sep 18, 2015
  2. KLDP Win User

Service registration is missing or corrupt

I have the same problem but when I try to stop the services it won't let me stop msiserver

3. Anne Ros Win User
    msiserver service remains stopped

Hi,

This problem can occur if the installer is corrupted. Try running theWindows Update troubleshooter an initial
    troubleshooting step in resolving the issue.

If the issue persists, try performing a clean boot .
    It helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Sep 18, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

MSIServer won't stop

Hy pfjaco and welcome to the forum *Smile

msiserver is your Windows Installer. Service description: Adds, modifies and removes applications provided as a Windows Installer or APPX package (*.msi, *.msp, *.appx). If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start.

I'm not sure if it is a good idea to actually disable the service. If you are having issues with programs installing and updating, you should really be trying to determine the exact cause.

Anyhow, you can change the settings for the service by either typing 'services.msc' in your run dialog box, or typing 'services' in your search box (select the services desktop app). The service is listed as Windows Installer.

WhyMe, Sep 18, 2015
Thema:

MSIServer won't stop

1. MSIServer won't stop - Similar Threads - MSIServer won't stop

2. Desktop and taskbar won't stop refreshing/reloading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop and taskbar won't stop refreshing/reloading: Hello, I have an Alienware laptop working on Windows 10, I noticed some time ago that the desktop and taskbar keep refreshing/reloading every time, and lately my computer has been really slow, and whatever I'm using in Full-Screen Mode is being minimized, and it wasn't like...
  3. Windows 10 won't stop freezing in startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 won't stop freezing in startup: Hi! So, I recently had this problem. About a night ago, my computer turned off because the battery was at 0% so, naturally, I left it overnight to charge. The next day when I woke up I unplugged it and went to work. I didn't use my computer all day until I went home late at...
  4. LaserJet 1022n Won't Stop Printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LaserJet 1022n Won't Stop Printing: I have a LaserJet 1022n with an ethernet connection to a Linksys router and 2 laptops connected wirelessly. I installed Windows 10 on a Dell Precision M6500 laptop using Windows 10 version 1809 Media Creation Tool. No additional software was installed. I installed the...
  5. Photos won't export video - stops at 7%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos won't export video - stops at 7%: I have created a video project. It's multiple videos and adds up to 48min. When I try to export it stops at 7% with the wheel of doom. When I cancel I get error which may not be related 0x8013153B, and related to the cancellation. I can create small videos at a couple of...
  6. Stop Code error - computer won't restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stop Code error - computer won't restart: I started my computer and received a Stop Code error. It went through the process of 'correcting' the error and after it reached 100% it claimed that it would restart the computer. Twenty minutes later, no restart. I turned the computer off the restarted it and was told...
  7. Facebook-like notifications that won't stop

Facebook-like notifications that won't stop: I accidentally installed something a few months ago, thinking it was something else, but before I could see what I just installed, the information was gone! Ever since, I keep getting pop-up notifications that resemble facebook pop-ups, but they're not. Some of them say...
  8. Windows Spotlight won't stop

Windows Spotlight won't stop: I turned on "Windows Spotlight" in my Lockscreen settings (Personalization) for a while but then wanted to go back to selecting my own background image. I can select an image, but a few hours or a day later the windows spotlight images come back again. The selection in...
  9. System won't stop freezing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System won't stop freezing: It ran fine since my last thread but now it just won't stop freezing both with and without OCs. It's been like this for a good 4-5 days. What should I do ? (BSODs seem to be gone since my last thread too) 39065
  10. Windows 10 won't shut down and fan won't stop running

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 won't shut down and fan won't stop running: My computer has been acting up since we had a bad storm last week. The power supply was on a surge protector which did not trip when the house's power went out. First, the computers fan is constantly running. When I check the BIOS the CPU is at + 88C and the fan continuously...