Windows 10: MSIServer won't stop

Discus and support MSIServer won't stop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, How do I stop the running instance of MSIServer? Task manager won't stop the process I get the requested operation is not permitted. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pfjaco, Sep 18, 2015.

1. pfjaco Win User

MSIServer won't stop

Hello all,
    How do I stop the running instance of MSIServer? Task manager won't stop the process I get the requested operation is not permitted. I have tried sc stop MSIServer from the command prompt as administrator and get error 1052 requested operation is not allowed. So how do I stop the service; the running instance is preventing anti virus from updating and other programs from installing. Any help is appreciated.
    Phil

:)

pfjaco, Sep 18, 2015
  2. KLDP Win User

Service registration is missing or corrupt

I have the same problem but when I try to stop the services it won't let me stop msiserver

3. Anne Ros Win User
    msiserver service remains stopped

Hi,

This problem can occur if the installer is corrupted. Try running theWindows Update troubleshooter an initial
    troubleshooting step in resolving the issue.

If the issue persists, try performing a clean boot .
    It helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Sep 18, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

MSIServer won't stop

Hy pfjaco and welcome to the forum *Smile

msiserver is your Windows Installer. Service description: Adds, modifies and removes applications provided as a Windows Installer or APPX package (*.msi, *.msp, *.appx). If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start.

I'm not sure if it is a good idea to actually disable the service. If you are having issues with programs installing and updating, you should really be trying to determine the exact cause.

Anyhow, you can change the settings for the service by either typing 'services.msc' in your run dialog box, or typing 'services' in your search box (select the services desktop app). The service is listed as Windows Installer.

WhyMe, Sep 18, 2015
Thema:

MSIServer won't stop

1. MSIServer won't stop - Similar Threads - MSIServer won't stop

2. Roblox won't stop crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox won't stop crashing.: So I have been recently playing Roblox and suddenly it kept crashing upon start-up, I use their app not the Microsoft app but for some reason, this only happened to my computer and I tried all the ways to fix it but it still crashes. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, deleted...
  3. Keyboard won't stop typing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard won't stop typing.: I've deleted drivers, once done hard and soft resets. 3 trouble shooters, two support chats, 2 hours of research. I can not get my laptop to stop typing without input! If I touch e u or r all the come up, if I touch n,nb comes up, if I do nothing, it'll spam n for minutes on...
  4. Keyboard won't stop typing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard won't stop typing.: I've deleted drivers, once done hard and soft resets. 3 trouble shooters, two support chats, 2 hours of research. I can not get my laptop to stop typing without input! If I touch e u or r all the come up, if I touch n,nb comes up, if I do nothing, it'll spam n for minutes on...
  5. Cascading windows won't stop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cascading windows won't stop.: I've tried using the option from the task bar, nothing works to make cascading stop. How do I make it stop opening them in cascade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cascading-windows-wont-stop/f1b1f064-9497-4621-84e0-8a4b8366c179
  6. Stop button of msiserver Windows Installer on Windows 10 is gray out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stop button of msiserver Windows Installer on Windows 10 is gray out: I keep receiving the message "Another installation is in progress.You must complete that installation before continuing this one" when trying to install a program. The service status of the Windows installer msiserver is "running" and the option to stop it is gray out....
  7. Windows Installer msiserver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Installer msiserver: Bonjour! I need some help with this Windows Installer...
  8. pages won't stop loading

in Windows 10 Customization
    pages won't stop loading: Hiiiii. a while back was on window's 7 before I up grated to window's 10 I remember being some where on the Puter (where I should not have gone I like to click around)...and checking the box to keep pages loading...silly me so now I have to stop them loading on the upper...
  9. Narrator won't stop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Narrator won't stop: How do I shut off Narrator? I've tried the Win/Ctrl/Enter keys to no avail. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/narrator-wont-stop/c2f525fb-cb50-4d28-b58e-efedd5499fb1
  10. System won't stop freezing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System won't stop freezing: It ran fine since my last thread but now it just won't stop freezing both with and without OCs. It's been like this for a good 4-5 days. What should I do ? (BSODs seem to be gone since my last thread too) 39065

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msiserver wont stop