Windows 10: msix and localized app name

Discus and support msix and localized app name in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I do have an app and created the package with the MSIX Packaging Tool. So far almost everything is working. I was able to publish my app in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by thomas., Mar 4, 2021.

1. thomas. Win User

msix and localized app name

Hi all,

I do have an app and created the package with the MSIX Packaging Tool. So far almost everything is working. I was able to publish my app in the MS Store, but I was not able to localise the app name.

I reserved a localised app name in the MS Store, but don't know how to use it. I already tried a lot of stuff, but couldn't get it up. I also used this article to modify Resources.pri and AppxManifest.xml.

Can someone please lead me a way? BTW, this is not a Visual Studio app.

:)

thomas., Mar 4, 2021

2. MSIX Crashes...

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the MSIX, while repackaging the apps.

In this regard, we would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums, where we have experts and support professionals
    who are well equipped with the knowledge MSIX to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    MSIX Packaging Tool (Preview) now available from Microsoft Store

Source: MSIX Packaging Tool

Download: MSIX Packaging Tool (Preview) app | Microsoft Store

Brink, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

MSIX Packaging Tool (Preview) now available from Microsoft Store

Source: MSIX Packaging Tool

Download: MSIX Packaging Tool (Preview) app | Microsoft Store

Brink, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

1. msix and localized app name - Similar Threads - msix localized app

2. Issue windows app runtime 1.3 MSIX 3000.851.1712.0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue windows app runtime 1.3 MSIX 3000.851.1712.0: Hi all,Every time I turn on my computer appears a message sayingThis application requires Windows app runtime 1.3 MSIX 3000.851.1712.0When I put install, the message disappears but nothing comes up. Next time I restart the PC, its the same. Any thoughts on this?...
  3. Issue windows app runtime 1.3 MSIX 3000.851.1712.0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue windows app runtime 1.3 MSIX 3000.851.1712.0: Hi all,Every time I turn on my computer appears a message sayingThis application requires Windows app runtime 1.3 MSIX 3000.851.1712.0When I put install, the message disappears but nothing comes up. Next time I restart the PC, its the same. Any thoughts on this?...
  4. Changing the local admin name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing the local admin name: Hi guys, I need some help with my local admin name. I am handing off my Lenovo T530 to my friend. I have deleted anything personal and only have W10 (20H2) with latest updates left. I went into the control panel and changed the name of my local admin account to my friends...
  5. MSIX files not installing

MSIX files not installing: Hello! I found some MSIX packages in the edge installation folder, all of them are different versions of edgee.g. Edge dev, Edge stable and I wanted to install them but I get this error: This app package is not supported for installation by App installer because it uses...
  6. change name of "local user"

in Windows 10 Customization
    change name of "local user": On my laptop windows 10 I am called "local user" how can I change this to my name? I know it's petty but I hate it! simple directions pretty please :- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-name-of-local-user/d800757d-ee90-454b-9c52-5af36779d1cd
  7. MSIX Packaging Tools

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MSIX Packaging Tools: I need help I have used code signing certificate generated by my local CA and i am getting this error: This application package is not signed with a trusted certificate. Contact your system administrator or application developer to obtain a new certificate or application...
  8. MSIX -> Local Activation permission

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MSIX -> Local Activation permission: Hi, My package is installed in sideloaded way and keeps encountering the app-specific permission error. Yes many suggest to alter permissions and owners manully in regedit and Component Services. My app is actually missing in the DCOM Config under the Component...
  9. MSIX Crashes...

MSIX Crashes...: Windows 10 Enterprise (1903) AMD64 Anyone having issues with MSIX? Every single time I attempt to repackage anything with MSIX, the utility crashes and self-terminates. Here's the error window... [ATTACH] Here's the error log... [6/19/2019 10:23:53 AM] [Info]...
  10. What is MSIX?

in Windows 10 News
    What is MSIX?: Windows users and administrators come into contact with different types of methods to deploy or install applications on devices running Windows: from MSI and click-one installers to App-V and APPX. Microsoft unveiled MSIX recently, a new solution that it hopes will be the...