Windows 10: MSIX and uap:Capability not working for classic desktop applications

Discus and support MSIX and uap:Capability not working for classic desktop applications in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, I use "MSIX Packaging Tool" to convert an Win32 app to MSIX app, at the end step, I click on the "package editor" option and select... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by polpoggi, Feb 23, 2020.

1. polpoggi Win User

MSIX and uap:Capability not working for classic desktop applications

Hello,

I use "MSIX Packaging Tool" to convert an Win32 app to MSIX app, at the end step, I click on the "package editor" option and select Capabilities

MSIX and uap:Capability not working for classic desktop applications 69743bae-39bb-477e-84eb-ab72283366dc?upload=true.jpg

I add a Capability, for example "User account information"

in the "AppxManifest.xml", I have

<Capabilities><uap:Capability Name="userAccountInformation" /><rescap:Capability Name="runFullTrust" /></Capabilities>

but in Windows 10 "Parameters" > "Apps & features" > "Advanced options" of my app, "App permissions" is missing

I don't understand the interest of this feature if classic desktop applications can't use it ?

Thanks

:)

polpoggi, Feb 23, 2020

2. MSIX Crashes...

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the MSIX, while repackaging the apps.

In this regard, we would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums, where we have experts and support professionals
    who are well equipped with the knowledge MSIX to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    MSIX Packaging Tool (Preview) now available from Microsoft Store

Source: MSIX Packaging Tool

Download: MSIX Packaging Tool (Preview) app | Microsoft Store

Brink, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

MSIX Packaging Tool (Preview) now available from Microsoft Store

Source: MSIX Packaging Tool

Download: MSIX Packaging Tool (Preview) app | Microsoft Store

Brink, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

1. MSIX and uap:Capability not working for classic desktop applications - Similar Threads - MSIX uap Capability

2. msix-application won't start when offline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    msix-application won't start when offline: We have an msix-application that we install with AppInstaller on our users devices before we ship the devices. Whenever they start the app it checks for updates and updates if necessary which have been working fine. However, since the latest Windows Update for windows 11...
  3. msix-application won't start when offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msix-application won't start when offline: We have an msix-application that we install with AppInstaller on our users devices before we ship the devices. Whenever they start the app it checks for updates and updates if necessary which have been working fine. However, since the latest Windows Update for windows 11...
  4. Can I package an SDL desktop application with MSIX package tool and then upload it to the...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can I package an SDL desktop application with MSIX package tool and then upload it to the...: Hello,Can I package an SDL desktop application with MSIX package tool?Can I upload such a package to the Microsoft Store?Is the app manifest automatically included?Do I have to modify the app manifest and how?Do I have to create a digital certificate?Do I have to sign my...
  5. Creating MSIX package From UWP windows application

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating MSIX package From UWP windows application: I found 3 ways to creating MSIX Package from UWP windows application. 1. Using MSIX Pacakaging Tool - But Got Error As MSIX pakage failed to run.But created MSIX file.And Able to installed the pacakage.Not able to Run the application.. 2.Using Advanced Installer...
  6. MSIX Crashes...

MSIX Crashes...: Windows 10 Enterprise (1903) AMD64 Anyone having issues with MSIX? Every single time I attempt to repackage anything with MSIX, the utility crashes and self-terminates. Here's the error window... [ATTACH] Here's the error log... [6/19/2019 10:23:53 AM] [Info]...
  7. Samsung to Strengthen NPU Capabilities for Future AI Applications

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung to Strengthen NPU Capabilities for Future AI Applications: Samsung Electronics, a world leader in advanced semiconductor technology, today announced that it will strengthen its neural processing unit (NPU) capabilities to further extend the reach of its artificial intelligence (AI) solutions. In line with its focus on...
  8. classic desktop in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    classic desktop in windows 10?: Hi I have a new computer with windows 10 i love the computer but not windows 10 I miss windows 7 was a lot easy to use a normal startmenu no silly boxes a lot faster i know you can download classicshell which is okay but i feel like you don't have to download nothing...
  9. What is MSIX?

in Windows 10 News
    What is MSIX?: Windows users and administrators come into contact with different types of methods to deploy or install applications on devices running Windows: from MSI and click-one installers to App-V and APPX. Microsoft unveiled MSIX recently, a new solution that it hopes will be the...
  10. Will Classic Shell work in Win10

Will Classic Shell work in Win10: Haven't tried it yet but does anyone know if classic shell will work in Win10TP? 2047