Windows 10: MSIX files not installing

Discus and support MSIX files not installing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! I found some MSIX packages in the edge installation folder, all of them are different versions of edgee.g. Edge dev, Edge stable and I wanted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AidenWingard, Feb 9, 2021.

1. MSIX files not installing

Hello!

I found some MSIX packages in the edge installation folder, all of them are different versions of edgee.g. Edge dev, Edge stable

and I wanted to install them but I get this error:

This app package is not supported for installation by App installer because it uses certain restricted capabilities.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this? i bought this PC on ebay and I don't know the admin password. The guy gave me a temp pass to use for the user, but not the admin one.

Thanks,

Aiden

:)

AidenWingard, Feb 9, 2021

2. MSIX Crashes...

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the MSIX, while repackaging the apps.

In this regard, we would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums, where we have experts and support professionals
    who are well equipped with the knowledge MSIX to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 9, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    MSIX Packaging Tool (Preview) now available from Microsoft Store

Source: MSIX Packaging Tool

Download: MSIX Packaging Tool (Preview) app | Microsoft Store

Brink, Feb 9, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

MSIX files not installing

MSIX Packaging Tool (Preview) now available from Microsoft Store

Source: MSIX Packaging Tool

Download: MSIX Packaging Tool (Preview) app | Microsoft Store

Brink, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

MSIX files not installing

1. MSIX files not installing - Similar Threads - MSIX files installing

2. Microsoft Store not opening and shows blank + Can't install .msix extension setup files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store not opening and shows blank + Can't install .msix extension setup files: So there are few issues I am facing,1. Microsoft store and apps downloaded from the same shows blank and is not opening.2. I am not able to install setup files with .msix extension and shows "no such interface supported."I was facing these problems earlier so I did a reset...
  3. windows asks me to choose a program to install MSIX files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows asks me to choose a program to install MSIX files: windows asks me to choose a program to install MSIX filesi can't install MSIX filestried to reset default apps but nothing worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-asks-me-to-choose-a-program-to-install/c9ca2c32-62f5-46f2-9dec-5e5b6ecbf714
  4. windows asks me to choose a program to install MSIX files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows asks me to choose a program to install MSIX files: windows asks me to choose a program to install MSIX filesi can't install MSIX filestried to reset default apps but nothing worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-asks-me-to-choose-a-program-to-install/c9ca2c32-62f5-46f2-9dec-5e5b6ecbf714
  5. windows asks me to choose a program to install MSIX files

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. MSIX Packaging Tools

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MSIX Packaging Tools: I need help I have used code signing certificate generated by my local CA and i am getting this error: This application package is not signed with a trusted certificate. Contact your system administrator or application developer to obtain a new certificate or application...
  7. MSIX Tool - Driver installation failure

MSIX Tool - Driver installation failure: Hello, I have downloaded MSIX packaging tool from MS and installed on VM. When launching the tool, it says the driver installation failed. Hence, I have downloaded the required driver files from MS and tried to install on VM with the given commands using DISM. But it didn't...
  8. i cant install *.msix and *.msixbundle packages

i cant install *.msix and *.msixbundle packages: for some reason i cant use packages to install ms-store apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-install-msix-and-msixbundle-packages/1696b5d6-20d6-4396-9216-dea0d6de5cc3
  9. MSIX Crashes...

MSIX Crashes...: Windows 10 Enterprise (1903) AMD64 Anyone having issues with MSIX? Every single time I attempt to repackage anything with MSIX, the utility crashes and self-terminates. Here's the error window... [ATTACH] Here's the error log... [6/19/2019 10:23:53 AM] [Info]...
  10. What is MSIX?

in Windows 10 News
    What is MSIX?: Windows users and administrators come into contact with different types of methods to deploy or install applications on devices running Windows: from MSI and click-one installers to App-V and APPX. Microsoft unveiled MSIX recently, a new solution that it hopes will be the...