Windows 10: MSIXVC folder size - leftover files? I know it's usually normal, but not in my case

Discus and support MSIXVC folder size - leftover files? I know it's usually normal, but not in my case in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My MSIXVC folder is currently at 12GB, thanks to one file:C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\MSIXVC\74191251-9159-496A-A091-474DE4B86C27I know it usually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GTwice, May 31, 2021.

1. GTwice Win User

MSIXVC folder size - leftover files? I know it's usually normal, but not in my case

My MSIXVC folder is currently at 12GB, thanks to one file:C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\MSIXVC\74191251-9159-496A-A091-474DE4B86C27I know it usually contains installation files for apps from MS Store, and that file this size could probably be a game I installed from GamePass, but right now I have no games installed or any MS Store app that could potentially be that large. I have however installed many Xbox games in the past and that leads me to believe that this file is either a leftover of an inclomplete installation or uninstallation of one such game.But how can I verify if that's really the

:)

GTwice, May 31, 2021
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, May 31, 2021
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    Change in folder size after enabling Bitlocker

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand you concern related to the size of the folder displayed. Try these steps to narrow down the issue:

1. Disable bitlocker
      and then check the folder size.
    2. We would also suggest you to open the folder and select all files and see the size of the contents.

Let us know if the size of the contents matches the folder size. If you see a difference, then the folder might be showing incorrect size.

Kindly reply us with the requested information to assist you better.

Awaiting for your response.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, May 31, 2021
  4. MSIXVC folder size - leftover files? I know it's usually normal, but not in my case

Directory Size Utility

Thanks buddy! Yea, this section's not dead. Kreij and I have big plans for this section. I don't want to give nothing away, but we have some bigger projects down the road. *Toast :toast: I feel I'm pretty good at coding with different languages, but I'm well behind Kreij's level of experience with those other Languages. I've been working on those other languages, and soon I'll feel comfortable enough to start, and not feel like I'm holding the project back. *Toast :toast:

Now on to your suggestions.

• maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that? Yea, that's been bothering me and I like your suggestion "Add Folder". I'll change it on the next release.
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs) I could add this, but let me see if I understand what you're asking. By subfolders you mean add all the folders in the left panel to the right panel? Those folders are all the subfolders in the "Get folder".
    • maybe you also add export list to excel? I'll add this on the next release.
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too? I'll add this on the next release.
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories? I'll add this on the next release.
    These are all great suggestions! Thanks Drone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, May 31, 2021
Thema:

MSIXVC folder size - leftover files? I know it's usually normal, but not in my case

1. MSIXVC folder size - leftover files? I know it's usually normal, but not in my case - Similar Threads - MSIXVC folder size

2. I cannot delete MSIXVC file of size 109GB.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot delete MSIXVC file of size 109GB.: cant 1D2C0454-5690-4446-B82D-F0AC35EE85B5 this file in MSIXVC of size 109gb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-delete-msixvc-file-of-size-109gb/6e6255d3-c461-43fd-8a63-1c3cc46b8fbb
  3. I cannot delete MSIXVC file of size 109GB.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot delete MSIXVC file of size 109GB.: cant 1D2C0454-5690-4446-B82D-F0AC35EE85B5 this file in MSIXVC of size 109gb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-delete-msixvc-file-of-size-109gb/6e6255d3-c461-43fd-8a63-1c3cc46b8fbb
  4. MSIXVC folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSIXVC folder: I have a 110 gb file named D3256350-2CB1-46C7-80BC-EF80C53C4608 in this folder that i cannot delete. What is it from and can i safely delete it in any way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msixvc-folder/355a75d2-0152-4c62-a4f5-2d8a4298db20
  5. MSIXVC folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSIXVC folder: I have a 110 gb file named D3256350-2CB1-46C7-80BC-EF80C53C4608 in this folder that i cannot delete. What is it from and can i safely delete it in any way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msixvc-folder/355a75d2-0152-4c62-a4f5-2d8a4298db20
  6. MSIXVC folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. MSIXVC Folder

MSIXVC Folder: It takes up unnecessary 80gb even though I am not downloading anything. I checked everywhere, There is no download or update in mc. store nor xbox, how can I get rid of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msixvc-folder/ae7e1a3f-03a7-4d33-bd7e-2f1f1c46da83
  8. MSIXVC Folder

MSIXVC Folder: Hello, today i uninstalled Rage 2, which I played and installed using the Xbox Game Pass on my PC. I decided to uninstall it to make up some free space on my SSD, but after I uninstalled it using the "Add or remove programs" setting by Windows 10 no space was made up. BUT...
  9. Leftover, Bugged Folders

Leftover, Bugged Folders: I renamed my user folder including the required changes in Computer Management and Registry Editor. It glitched my iCloud Drive and iCloud Photos folders in the file explorer main menu and caused other problems, so I reverted back. Still, there are these two blank folders....
  10. 80GB MSIXVC File.

80GB MSIXVC File.: Since the last thread I was getting support in was closed Brad..., I'm starting a new one. I'm going to give all the details I can, and keep it clean & clear to read. I had an issue with my PC a few months back. I decided to do a system restore. It fixed my problem, but it...