Windows 10: MSIXVC Folder

Discus and support MSIXVC Folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, today i uninstalled Rage 2, which I played and installed using the Xbox Game Pass on my PC. I decided to uninstall it to make up some free space... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarvinKlünenberg, Dec 2, 2020.

1. MSIXVC Folder

Hello, today i uninstalled Rage 2, which I played and installed using the Xbox Game Pass on my PC. I decided to uninstall it to make up some free space on my SSD, but after I uninstalled it using the "Add or remove programs" setting by Windows 10 no space was made up. BUT there's a file called "23C1EB0D-1A12-485D-9DAB-E90CE089AAA7" in the "D:\WindowsApps\MSIXVC" directory which is aprox. 44GB exactly like Rage 2. I can't delelete the file though, because it tells me the file is still open in system. Even after multiple reboots. And yes, I have given myself full control over the WindowsApps folder.

:)

MarvinKlünenberg, Dec 2, 2020

2. Can't remove 37GB file in MSIXVC folder in WindowsApps directory

I'm trying to free up some space on my drives, and I've run into a problem. In the MSIXVC folder in the WindowsApps directory, there's a 37.4 GB file named 8BBF2763-A1C6-4F1B-96CA-B79DD5FDA4EE that I can't delete. I've given myself permissions, but when
    I try to delete the file, it says that it's open in SYSTEM and can't be deleted.

From what I've researched so far this seems to be related to download files from the Microsoft Store, specifically unfinished downloads. In that case, it shouldn't be anything important. Perhaps a game I had installed in the past and for some reason the
    download files are still there. I really want this space back. Any help is appreciated.

Another thread suggested using Disk Cleanup and that these would be displayed under Delivery Optimization. No such designation exists in Disk Cleanup.

WyattKieffner, Dec 2, 2020
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Dec 2, 2020
  4. MSIXVC Folder

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

MSIXVC Folder

1. MSIXVC Folder - Similar Threads - MSIXVC Folder

2. MSIXVC folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSIXVC folder: I have a 110 gb file named D3256350-2CB1-46C7-80BC-EF80C53C4608 in this folder that i cannot delete. What is it from and can i safely delete it in any way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msixvc-folder/355a75d2-0152-4c62-a4f5-2d8a4298db20
  3. MSIXVC folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSIXVC folder: I have a 110 gb file named D3256350-2CB1-46C7-80BC-EF80C53C4608 in this folder that i cannot delete. What is it from and can i safely delete it in any way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msixvc-folder/355a75d2-0152-4c62-a4f5-2d8a4298db20
  4. MSIXVC folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Anyone care to explain the MSIXVC folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone care to explain the MSIXVC folder?: Is it safe to delete this file or the whole folder? It's not bothering me that much cauz I got more than 800gb free but am curious what's making it so large...
  6. Anyone care to explain the MSIXVC folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone care to explain the MSIXVC folder?: Is it safe to delete this file or the whole folder? It's not bothering me that much cauz I got more than 800gb free but am curious what's making it so large...
  7. Halo MCC: Is it safe to remove the MSIXVC Folder if I want to try to reinstall it?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Halo MCC: Is it safe to remove the MSIXVC Folder if I want to try to reinstall it?: I've looked about the forums and I can't decide whether this is safe or not. I frequent the Microsft Store, so breaking it in any way is not an option for me. However, Halo: the Master Chief Collection did not finish installing properly- I believe the installation failed...
  8. MSIXVC folder size - leftover files? I know it's usually normal, but not in my case

MSIXVC folder size - leftover files? I know it's usually normal, but not in my case: My MSIXVC folder is currently at 12GB, thanks to one file:C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\MSIXVC\74191251-9159-496A-A091-474DE4B86C27I know it usually contains installation files for apps from MS Store, and that file this size could probably be a game I installed from GamePass,...
  9. MSIXVC Folder

MSIXVC Folder: It takes up unnecessary 80gb even though I am not downloading anything. I checked everywhere, There is no download or update in mc. store nor xbox, how can I get rid of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msixvc-folder/ae7e1a3f-03a7-4d33-bd7e-2f1f1c46da83
  10. Can't remove 37GB file in MSIXVC folder in WindowsApps directory

Can't remove 37GB file in MSIXVC folder in WindowsApps directory: I'm trying to free up some space on my drives, and I've run into a problem. In the MSIXVC folder in the WindowsApps directory, there's a 37.4 GB file named 8BBF2763-A1C6-4F1B-96CA-B79DD5FDA4EE that I can't delete. I've given myself permissions, but when I try to delete the...