Windows 10: MSKLC Keyboard Layout Creator cannot export custom Japanese keyboard layouts

Discus and support MSKLC Keyboard Layout Creator cannot export custom Japanese keyboard layouts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello,I have created a custom Japanese keyboard layout using MSKLC that supports symbols and characters common in other languages. But attempting to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KratzKatz, Jul 18, 2021.

1. KratzKatz Win User

MSKLC Keyboard Layout Creator cannot export custom Japanese keyboard layouts

Hello,I have created a custom Japanese keyboard layout using MSKLC that supports symbols and characters common in other languages. But attempting to export my custom layout results in error messages like:Warning 1009 ..\.\tmpjpn1337.txt, line 75: A new scancode is being defined: 0x7D, OEM_5 Error 2020 ..\.\tmpjpn1337.txt, line 79: VK_OEM_102 e2 found at scancode 73 and 56. Exporting layouts of other languages works fine. If anyone knows a solution for this I'd be very grateful.Thanks

:)

KratzKatz, Jul 18, 2021
  2. RQT
    rqt Win User

Keyboard Layout

"Letters and numbers are all correct, but most of the other signs are misplaced"

This suggests to me that you are using the wrong "keyboard language" for your keyboard, and that therefore you first step would be to determine exactly what language keyboard you have. Possibly have a look at Windows Keyboard Layouts - Globalization | Microsoft Docs.

(The age of any laptop capable of running Windows 10 at all should not be a problem as regards keyboard layout)

3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Keyboard layout made with MSKLC showing wrong name.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your efforts on this. I see that you are using Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator to create keyboard layouts. I would like to inform that this is an old program, which was initially designed to work on Windows XP computers.

Good to know that the program is working for you. One of the thing I would suggest you to try is to change the description of the keyboard layout that you have created and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator.
    2. Click on File and load the keyboard layout.
    3. Click on Project, and click on
      Properties
    4. Change the Description of the keyboard layout.
    5. Click on OK.

If this doesn’t work, you may try rebuilding the DLL and Setup Package. After rebuilding the DLL and Setup Package go to Start >> Settings >> Time & Language >> Language >> Click on the language pack and select
    options, now click on the old keyboard layout and select
    Remove

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 18, 2021
  4. MSKLC Keyboard Layout Creator cannot export custom Japanese keyboard layouts

Keyboard Layout

Hello, so I've been using the Japanese IME keyboard for a long time but I only just ran into a problem last night.

I use the English layout since it is a lot easier for me to type in but somehow I've managed to switch to the Japanese keyboard layout on my actual keyboard.

In settings the layout is still set as the English layout, and when I use my touch screen keyboard it is also still on the English layout, but when I type with my actual keyboard instead of typing for example "ka" on the English layout, which would appear
    with か, the Japanese layout comes out as のち when I type k and a because it isn't in the English format anymore and I can not seem to change it back.

So I am not sure if it is a setting on my actual keyboard or if somethings gone wrong.

KiarraMunn, Jul 18, 2021
Thema:

MSKLC Keyboard Layout Creator cannot export custom Japanese keyboard layouts

1. MSKLC Keyboard Layout Creator cannot export custom Japanese keyboard layouts - Similar Threads - MSKLC Keyboard Layout

2. Custom keyboard layout problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom keyboard layout problem: Hello,I'm italian and just switched to an American keyboard, I need the accented vowels so i made a new keyboard layout with MS Keyobaord Layout Creator 1.4, adding the AltGr ctrl+alt +<vowel> shortcuts for lowercase and shift+ctrl+alt+<vowel> for uppercase.Installed it on...
  3. Custom keyboard layout problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom keyboard layout problem: Hello,I'm italian and just switched to an American keyboard, I need the accented vowels so i made a new keyboard layout with MS Keyobaord Layout Creator 1.4, adding the AltGr ctrl+alt +<vowel> shortcuts for lowercase and shift+ctrl+alt+<vowel> for uppercase.Installed it on...
  4. Japanese Keyboard Layout not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese Keyboard Layout not showing: Hello, on setting even after update window, Japanese Keyboard layout does not appear, so currently the keyboard is have keys that not functioning. The laptop keyboard using The JIS, or Japanese Industrial Standard, keyboard layout.It suppose to show like this.Anyone can help...
  5. Japanese Keyboard Layout not showing

Japanese Keyboard Layout not showing: Hello, on setting even after update window, Japanese Keyboard layout does not appear, so currently the keyboard is have keys that not functioning. The laptop keyboard using The JIS, or Japanese Industrial Standard, keyboard layout.It suppose to show like this.Anyone can help...
  6. Bug - Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator MSKLC Version 1.4 - AltGr + a

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bug - Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator MSKLC Version 1.4 - AltGr + a: VersionsMicrosoft Keyboard Layout Creator: 1.4.6000.2OS: Microsoft Windows 10 ProIssueAltGr + a cannot create any special Unicode characterSteps to reproduce the issue1. Open Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator: 1.4.6000.2 on Windows 10 Pro 2. Load existing keyboard "US"3....
  7. MSKLC Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 error -1073741819

MSKLC Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 error -1073741819: Dear community, I am getting errors with MSKLC 1.4 while building the dll and setup packages of my keyboard layout: [ATTACH] It is not the well known error 1 obtained due to none 8-long path names. And I cannot find any way to fix this -1073741819 error. I just know...
  8. Custom keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom keyboard layout?: Does anyone know of an easy way to make a custom keyboard layout for windows 10? When searching, I've seen that Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 has limited compatibility with Windows 10, but it's no longer available for download as far as I've seen. Any good...
  9. Keyboard layout creator error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard layout creator error: Hello, I have made a custom layout on my keyboard on the keyboard layout creator 1.4 but anything I put on vk_oem_102 the key next to the left shift key on iso layouts yields the error message saying that the key is not defined elsewhere and that it may not be present on all...
  10. Cannot find Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator

Cannot find Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator: Hi, I've recently formatted my computer and now I'm in the process of re-install everything I use. An important part of it is a KLC file that I have for a Keyboard layout which is missing in Windows 10 US Dvorak International. The problem is that I'm not able to find the...