Windows 10: MsMpEng.exe consumes a lot of resources

Discus and support MsMpEng.exe consumes a lot of resources in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi guys ive had it with this defender MpMsENG.exe . its a very frustrating exe to deal with . Ive done several things with it , as per this group... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JasonVesagie, Jan 20, 2022.

1. MsMpEng.exe consumes a lot of resources

Hi guys ive had it with this defender MpMsENG.exe . its a very frustrating exe to deal with . Ive done several things with it , as per this group suggestions , and the solutions are all temporary at best as inevitably thus stupid file returns and starts messing the CPU usage again and again . I really don' want to by a third party anti virus and was really hoping that somebody has found an effective permanent solution to this annoyance . Thanks in advance[Original Title: MsMpEng.exe]

:)

JasonVesagie, Jan 20, 2022
  2. pz2k Win User

Put processes that consume a lot of resource on the top of the list in Task Mananger

A main use of Task Manager is to find which program is consuming resources. Now we need to sort by CPU/sort by Disk/sort By network to find the problem. Its better if list all the huge resource consuming programs at the top of the list what ever the resource
    is so we don't need to sort in most cases.

3. SagarA V Win User
    ServiceHost consuminf lot of network resource

ServiceHost is constantly consuming lot of network resource

SagarA V, Jan 20, 2022
  4. MsMpEng.exe consumes a lot of resources

Metred connection, still consuming a lot of data

Hi All,

My laptop is a new DELL laptop, preinstalled with Windows10. Every time I connect my laptop to my mobile internet connection through the mobile hotspot, the laptop is consuming a lot of internet data. I set the connection as metered, still it is consuming
    a lot of data. This needs to be stopped at the earliest.

Below are the actions taken so far as per my own understanding:

• Connection is already set as metered.
    • I have stopped the Windows Update service, before I start my data connection. Instead, I am manually checking and installing updates.
    Can someone please advise ASAP?

RatnakharMeka, Jan 20, 2022
Thema:

MsMpEng.exe consumes a lot of resources

1. MsMpEng.exe consumes a lot of resources - Similar Threads - MsMpEng exe consumes

2. Widows defender scan is consuming lots of resources

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widows defender scan is consuming lots of resources: Windows defender's scan named as "Anti-malware service executable" simply is consuming a lot of resources and is constantly running in the background. And further, if we do a manual full scan if just peeking the CPU usage I have a i5-10th gen- upper midrange, just imagine the...
  3. Widows defender scan is consuming lots of resources

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Widows defender scan is consuming lots of resources: Windows defender's scan named as "Anti-malware service executable" simply is consuming a lot of resources and is constantly running in the background. And further, if we do a manual full scan if just peeking the CPU usage I have a i5-10th gen- upper midrange, just imagine the...
  4. Lots of resources being used

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lots of resources being used: I have up to 45% of my CPU and 70-85% of my RAM in use (I have 8 GB) just by doing low end tasks. Looking in task manager, I know for a fact that ~6GB of RAM is not being used by Discord and Chrome. Windows should barely use any of that. I've been suspicious of bloatware...
  5. service host is consuming a lot of data.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    service host is consuming a lot of data.: Service host is consuming a lot of data while updating windows and otherwise also. is service host is necessary for updating the windows or we can end it without any problem?...
  6. Browser Using Lots of Resources

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser Using Lots of Resources: Long ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I was introduced to computers and then the Internet. Not long after that I found out about "cookies" and how they interacted with your browser. The more I studied this the more I saw what an advertiser's dream this must be, even though it...
  7. Put processes that consume a lot of resource on the top of the list in Task Mananger

in Windows 10 Customization
    Put processes that consume a lot of resource on the top of the list in Task Mananger: A main use of Task Manager is to find which program is consuming resources. Now we need to sort by CPU/sort by Disk/sort By network to find the problem. Its better if list all the huge resource consuming programs at the top of the list what ever the resource is so we don't...
  8. Windows Update consuming lots of resources,and not able to do updates as well

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update consuming lots of resources,and not able to do updates as well: I have windows 10 running on a dell latitude 5490. everytime I wake laptop from sleep windows update is consuming a lot of resources(pfa screen grab).[ATTACH] when I go to check for updates , there is no update history, last check date is November 2018 and if I try to...
  9. Why Service Host: Superfetch is consuming a lot of Disk resources every time windows is...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why Service Host: Superfetch is consuming a lot of Disk resources every time windows is...: Why Service Host: Superfetch is consuming a lot of Disk resources every time windows is starting up? How to solve this? This happens every time I turn on my computer or after a restart. Note that: Windows 10 pro (64-bit) is up to date. No issues with hardware. Intel...
  10. ICloudPhoto.exe consuming a lot of data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ICloudPhoto.exe consuming a lot of data: Hello, I have found threads about iclouphoto.exe consuming a lot of data because it is syncing to a server (in my case 120GB in a day)but I haven't found a permanent solution to the problem. Can anyone help? Thanks...