Windows 10: MsMpEng.exe RAM usage is insane, this has to stop.

Discus and support MsMpEng.exe RAM usage is insane, this has to stop. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello MS Community, For as long as I can remember being on Windows 10 I have had the same problem across multiple devices. This screenshot is from a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JokerDan, Aug 6, 2020.

1. JokerDan Win User

MsMpEng.exe RAM usage is insane, this has to stop.

Hello MS Community,

For as long as I can remember being on Windows 10 I have had the same problem across multiple devices. This screenshot is from a machine I use daily, built a year and a few months ago.

I am a software engineer, I work in many different languages and I end up running executables that I build locally all the time. The issue is, over the span of a couple of hours `MsMpEng.exe` eats in to my RAM and does not release any. If I leave my computer on for lenghty amounts of time, this value just goes up and up and up.

The culprit is 'Real-time protection' and annoyingly, it keeps turning itself on after every reboot.

Has this been raised and can it be addressed? It is very frustrating.

MsMpEng.exe RAM usage is insane, this has to stop. d403b2e7-35c3-456b-9bbe-e2b4e5732eb9?upload=true.png

Although irrelevant as this issue has spanned all builds since, forever... Multiple machines, multiple installs.

I am currently on;

Windows 10 PRO - Version 1909 OS Build 18363.959

:)

JokerDan, Aug 6, 2020

2. Unknown Constant RAM Usage

Hi,

To explore more on RAM usage by processes and see in-depth I advise you to open the Resource monitor, please follow the below steps.

Step 1 :

Open Task Manager

Step 2:

Click on Performance

Step 3:

At the bottom click on Open Resource Monitor

Step 4:

Under Resource Monitor windows click on Memory

Step 5:

Click on Working Set to list the top process utilizing the more RAM and then evaluate RAM usage.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Aug 6, 2020
  3. MsMpEng.exe High Usage

Why Antimalware Service Executable Taking very High Usage,Even I Let My Computer to sit like 10 minute,Turning off Real-Time Protection And its friend Its Doesnt Effect anything The MsMpEng.exe usage is so high my computer just like running 87% Cpu 56% Ram
    and it's make me so uncomfortable to use it

PC info

OS Version : 10.0.18363 Build 18363

CPU : Intel Core i5 2400

Graphic Card : MSI Radeon RX460 4GB OC

Ram : Corsair ValueSelect DDR3 1333MHz 8GB X 2 (16GB Total)

RandomGaming CH, Aug 6, 2020
  4. MsMpEng.exe RAM usage is insane, this has to stop.

msmpeng.exe results in full disk usage o Windows 10.

procces msmpeng.exe always in high rate . after minutes left , instead i didn't open any program. i should force shutdown when it happened

original titleMsMpEng.exe RAM usage is insane, this has to stop. :procces msmpeng.exe full disk usage

NandaKhoirurrizky, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

MsMpEng.exe RAM usage is insane, this has to stop.

1. MsMpEng.exe RAM usage is insane, this has to stop. - Similar Threads - MsMpEng exe RAM

2. exe file has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    exe file has stopped working: Hello. I am using windows 7 64 bit. I have a program called FinderOuter. When I run it, it gives an error: FinderOuter.exe has stopped working. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-file-has-stopped-working/ed42f5fd-e9c5-4f3d-b3b4-8d083d84f26b
  3. exe file has stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    exe file has stopped working: Hello. I am using windows 7 64 bit. I have a program called FinderOuter. When I run it, it gives an error: FinderOuter.exe has stopped working. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-file-has-stopped-working/ed42f5fd-e9c5-4f3d-b3b4-8d083d84f26b
  4. BF2.exe has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BF2.exe has stopped working: i recently installed bf2 and bf2 special force tried to launch it and i got this error message==========================================================BF2.exe - has stopped working ==========================================================i already tried DEP solution and it...
  5. BF2.exe has stopped working

BF2.exe has stopped working: i recently installed bf2 and bf2 special force tried to launch it and i got this error message==========================================================BF2.exe - has stopped working ==========================================================i already tried DEP solution and it...
  6. Helper. exe has stopped working

Helper. exe has stopped working: Hello. I always get Helper.exe had stopped working error.. This always pop up 2 by 2 after few seconds..please help so i can get rid of this issue. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/helper-exe-has-stopped-working/0fb6314c-a20b-43ea-9065-62b03bf30725
  7. Helper. exe has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Helper. exe has stopped working: Hello. I always get Helper.exe had stopped working error.. This always pop up 2 by 2 after few seconds..please help so i can get rid of this issue. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/helper-exe-has-stopped-working/0fb6314c-a20b-43ea-9065-62b03bf30725
  8. MsMpEng and MsSense using too much RAM

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MsMpEng and MsSense using too much RAM: Basically 4Gb of RAM is being used and i have no applications open and can only think that is the Windows Defender services. I have tried changing the Windows Security setting sbut have Real-Time protection greyed out. This is my personal computer I am an administrator but I...
  9. Insane ram usage?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Insane ram usage?: [ATTACH] The only guess it the SSD... But maybe something else? Which is why i am asking https://preview.redd.it/4zhxcrhuj0x51.png?width=369&format=png&auto=webp&s=21274d827ec2e66753fd6fe0a206a806c3279e27...
  10. Insanely high ram usage??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Insanely high ram usage??: So my memory is at 94% with nothing running. I tried restarting and disabling apps on startup and running a quick scan. The disk space keeps going from like 3% up to 100%. I have an i3, 8gb ram and 1tb hard drive and a gtx 950 I believe. Idk how to solve this really I'm not...