Windows 10: msmpeng.exe

Discus and support msmpeng.exe in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; MSMPENG.EXE is taking 20 cpu frequently not continuously what is this for?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by tushar_gamer, Dec 5, 2018.

1. msmpeng.exe

MSMPENG.EXE is taking 20 cpu frequently not continuously what is this for?

:)

tushar_gamer, Dec 5, 2018

2. Off the chart (literally!) disk usage

Try the steps found here. And happy birthday!

6a27b4c8-cc35-41ee-877a-d2e6419f87ca, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Rose Cal Win User

msmpeng.exe

NESHTA.A VIRUS REMOVED BUT .EXE NOT WORKING

Hi Khaled,

It is possible that you .exe is not working due to corrupted system files or account. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Does this happen with a specific application or with all of your application?
    • Have you tried creating a new admin account to check if the issue also with new account or only with the current account?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how
    to create a new admin account.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

msmpeng.exe

1. msmpeng.exe - Similar Threads - msmpeng exe

2. i removed MsMpEng. how do i get it back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i removed MsMpEng. how do i get it back?: i deleted MsMpEng from D:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform\4.18.23050.5-0then when i go to Virus and threat protection it Said "threat service has stopped. restart it now."and all my games and app stopped working....
  3. i removed MsMpEng. how do i get it back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i removed MsMpEng. how do i get it back?: i deleted MsMpEng from D:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform\4.18.23050.5-0then when i go to Virus and threat protection it Said "threat service has stopped. restart it now."and all my games and app stopped working....
  4. Endpoint Manager and MsMpEng

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Endpoint Manager and MsMpEng: Hi Folks,I've been banging my head against a brick wall for a few days. I've connected up 17 devices to Endpoint Manager All Windows 10 Pro, 21H2 with updates5 of those devices so far have been identified as running slowly.Symptoms are highly varied, the first thing I noticed...
  5. Endpoint Manager and MsMpEng

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Endpoint Manager and MsMpEng: Hi Folks,I've been banging my head against a brick wall for a few days. I've connected up 17 devices to Endpoint Manager All Windows 10 Pro, 21H2 with updates5 of those devices so far have been identified as running slowly.Symptoms are highly varied, the first thing I noticed...
  6. Endpoint Manager and MsMpEng

7. MSMPENG please help me fix this

MSMPENG please help me fix this: Hi, i made a previous question about this MSMPENG.exe but nothing helped at all. i tried all the posts people send me to fix it but nothing changes i have a very high end pc, ryzen 9 5900x, radeon rx 6800xt. and every single time i leave my pc alone for a little bit. this...
  8. MSMPENG please help me fix this

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MSMPENG please help me fix this: Hi, i made a previous question about this MSMPENG.exe but nothing helped at all. i tried all the posts people send me to fix it but nothing changes i have a very high end pc, ryzen 9 5900x, radeon rx 6800xt. and every single time i leave my pc alone for a little bit. this...
  9. MSMPENG please help me fix this

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. MsMpEng taking 100% disk usage when a file is moved

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MsMpEng taking 100% disk usage when a file is moved: Hello,I have folders on my W10 desktop filled with video footage in .mp4 format.When ever I move a file from one folder to another, MsMpEng files up an uses up 100% disk usage, then the file moves.Why is it scanning files already on my computer. These files have been scanned...
Tags: