Windows 10: Msmpeng.exe

Discus and support Msmpeng.exe in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I unknowingly deleted msmpeng.exe. I'm running a system restore that's doing nothing as I made it after deleting it since I did not know how it worked.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hrmmmm, Aug 13, 2019 at 1:23 AM.

1. Hrmmmm Win User

Msmpeng.exe

I unknowingly deleted msmpeng.exe. I'm running a system restore that's doing nothing as I made it after deleting it since I did not know how it worked. Sfc scannow detects nothing wrong.

Cheers

*the computer I'm working on doesn't have ana internet connection

:)

2. Off the chart (literally!) disk usage

Try the steps found here. And happy birthday!

6a27b4c8-cc35-41ee-877a-d2e6419f87ca, Aug 13, 2019 at 1:26 AM
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

4. Rose Cal Win User

Msmpeng.exe

NESHTA.A VIRUS REMOVED BUT .EXE NOT WORKING

Hi Khaled,

It is possible that you .exe is not working due to corrupted system files or account. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Does this happen with a specific application or with all of your application?
    • Have you tried creating a new admin account to check if the issue also with new account or only with the current account?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how
    to create a new admin account.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thema:

Msmpeng.exe

1. Msmpeng.exe - Similar Threads - Msmpeng exe

2. How to find out the list of commands for a .bat or .exe file?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to find out the list of commands for a .bat or .exe file?: hard to describe what im looking for i'll do my best to explain in details. example, an image software I use photo.exe when installed it automatically set up shell in registry for windows context menu for files type .bmp/.jpg etc etc. when viewed in registry/shell it show...
  3. Loading an External EXE into Memory and Calling/Running the EXE from Memory as Many Times...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Loading an External EXE into Memory and Calling/Running the EXE from Memory as Many Times...: A very good day to you All, I hope you are doing Very Well, Please kindly see the attached code for a C# Program This C# Program will Load an External EXE Program into Memory This C# Program will then do a Function Call to Run that EXE Program that sits in Memory The...
  4. ntldr. ....exe?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ntldr. ....exe?: Soooooooo, I've heard of a file called ntldr. If you delete it, nothing seems to happen while Windows is running, but if you try to reboot, it just says: ntldr is missing Press Ctrl-Alt-Del to restart Firstly, what is the file extension for ntldr, and secondly, what...
  5. svchost.exe msiexex.exe and explorer exe Blocked By Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    svchost.exe msiexex.exe and explorer exe Blocked By Defender: I just had to reinstall my OS from a malware and possibly being hacked ( named pipilenes , user unknown , Edge Cp and svchost blocked from running dynamic script) I'm very leary of letting anything through controlled folders right now. I haven't tried to install any other...
  6. Everytime i open a folder, a new folder with exe extention gets created on the same folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Everytime i open a folder, a new folder with exe extention gets created on the same folder: Hi, I found something annoying in my PC. Every time I open a folder, a new folder with .exe extension gets created on the same folder. For Example, If i open Pictures Folder, Pictures.exe gets created inside Pictures Folder Also I am able to delete that exe folder, but...
  7. DUplicate rundll32.exe in DCOM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DUplicate rundll32.exe in DCOM: Wondering could it be possible to get rid of the duplicate rundll32.exe entry from dcom. When opening dcom warning is shown (have clicked no recording). [img] [img] 138478
  8. "Windows 10 Upgrade 9252.EXE" Update was Fake. Manufacture Boot Loop. PC Changes Discarded...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Windows 10 Upgrade 9252.EXE" Update was Fake. Manufacture Boot Loop. PC Changes Discarded...: When I had installed the New Microsoft Windows 10 Update for the March 2019 Features, Dell's boot drive had went into an boot loop and the changes that were being made to my Dell PC had to be discarded according to the Dell Manufacture and rebooted back into the Normal Mode...
  9. Windows Defender / msmpeng a bugger darn it!!! The only choice I could see below was TOOLS?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender / msmpeng a bugger darn it!!! The only choice I could see below was TOOLS?: I have Windows 10. PC related issue. I have a paid service for real time protection. I have tried every way I can find on the web to stop this Windows Defender. You know it takes so much CPU. It seems after I have disabled some services of WD according to Task Manager it's...
  10. Programs Slow To Open Due To Windows Defender (MsMpEng)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Programs Slow To Open Due To Windows Defender (MsMpEng): This is something that I've noticed since Windows 8, but Windows Defender make some programs so slow to open. It's pretty noticeable on the programs that it does it on as it takes approx. 20-30 seconds to open them, even from an SSD, and if you look at Resource Monitor listed...