Windows 10: MSN apps and 3rd party apps crash when opened after the 1809 update

Discus and support MSN apps and 3rd party apps crash when opened after the 1809 update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiron 13-5368 2-1 laptop. Dell claims it was successfully tested. Maybe true. At least the laptop boots up into the desktop. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lintek25475, Feb 24, 2019.

1. MSN apps and 3rd party apps crash when opened after the 1809 update

I have a Dell Inspiron 13-5368 2-1 laptop. Dell claims it was successfully tested. Maybe true. At least the laptop boots up into the desktop. However, the first problem I had was that my customized desktop configuration was totally wiped out. After the update finished the desktop reverted to the Windows 10 default themed desktop. Next problem, was all the MSN and many 3rd party apps (identified as owned by me) either won't install or open. Is there a solution to get the apps working again?

:)

lintek25475, Feb 24, 2019

2. apps crashes on startup

• I don't get any error messages. Just open and crashes.

• I'm not sure whether this occurred after an update.

• All 3rd party apps crashes.

Thanks

GeorgeRaveen, Feb 24, 2019
  3. MSN Weather App live tile keeps stopping

Hi,

Since you already completed the troubleshooting provided and it did not resolve the concern with the live tile of the MSN Weather app not updating, we suggest that you reset the MSN Weather app by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings
      app and then select System from the list of options shown.
    • Under the System options menu, select the option on the left-hand panel labeled
      Apps & features.
    • Under Apps & features, scroll down through the list of apps installed on your computer and locate the
      Weather app.
    • Select the Weather app and then click on the link "Advanced options".
    • Once you have the "Advanced options" menu open, click on the button labeled "Reset".
    • Once you click on the "Reset" button another prompt will show up notifying you if you would like to complete the reset. Just click on the "Reset" button to complete the process.

Once you complete the steps provided, we suggest that you restart the computer first before you proceed to set up the MSN Weather app again and also verify if the live tile will update properly or not. If the steps still do not resolve your concern we suggest
    that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to provide feedback from within the app and provide as much detail as you can to resolve the concern. Refer to the section in the article labeled "Send ideas for improving the app" for the steps to submit your feedback.

Feel free to reach out to us for further concerns.

Jordan Dom, Feb 24, 2019
  4. MSN apps and 3rd party apps crash when opened after the 1809 update

MSN News App Crashes

How do I fix the Windows 8.1 MSN News App so it doesn't crash after flipping to either the "Sources" or "Topics" sections?

The problem appeared on 22 Jan 15 while I was trying to catch up with the Windows 10 news (how ironic). I can go to the problematic sections and the screen will hold for about 2 seconds and then the app closes. Here are my attempted remedies which haven't
    worked thus far:

• I've waited until I see the app fully load then tried to access the sections.
    • I've rebooted the phone and then tried the app.
    • I've uninstalled it, rebooted the phone, and re-installed the app from the Store.
    • I've connected and disconnected my MSN account from the app.
    As a work-around I've been accessing some of my topics via Cortana. Cortana recommends I use the MSN News app. When I press the link, the app opens and promply crashes.

I'm on AT&T and running Windows 8.1 Update 1 from the Preview for Developers. The problem occurs on both WiFi and Cellular Data (LTE).

I'm prepared to suck it up in anticipation of Windows 10 fixing the problem but would really like to use the app until then.

Thanks.

Brian A. Hodges, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

MSN apps and 3rd party apps crash when opened after the 1809 update

1. MSN apps and 3rd party apps crash when opened after the 1809 update - Similar Threads - MSN apps 3rd

2. Malicious 3rd party apps and their removal.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Malicious 3rd party apps and their removal.: I have a user who was on a Mac, and had installed Free Flowchart, which appears to be malicious. Unable to remove from the Mac.Provisioned a ThinkPad with Windows installed, and when signed into G Drive, opening files sometimes redirects to the site to download the app again....
  3. UAC 3rd party virus app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC 3rd party virus app: UAC asks if my 3rd party virus app is okay to make changes every time I start up my laptop. I was wondering if there is a way to add this app to the ignore list of UAC? My current UAC settings are: Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer....
  4. UAC 3rd party virus app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC 3rd party virus app: UAC asks if my 3rd party virus app is okay to make changes every time I start up my laptop. I was wondering if there is a way to add this app to the ignore list of UAC? My current UAC settings are: Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer....
  5. vetted 3rd party apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    vetted 3rd party apps: is Restoro an approved program to fixed windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vetted-3rd-party-apps/7897334f-71f3-427b-a825-2acb08005f7a
  6. vetted 3rd party apps

vetted 3rd party apps: is Restoro an approved program to fixed windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vetted-3rd-party-apps/7897334f-71f3-427b-a825-2acb08005f7a
  7. vetted 3rd party apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. 3rd party apps not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    3rd party apps not working: 3rd party apps are not working and wont download im not in S mode when I got to activation it says Windows 10 home edition. Anyone know why or have a solution I updated yesterday and steam and stuff quit working today....
  9. Opening a 3rd party app

Opening a 3rd party app: I keep getting this message when I click on a link to a purchase, "you'll need a new app to open this mql4buy" I understand Microsoft Store will not have an app for opening this file. The app I purchased works for Meta Trader 4, a platform for forex trading. Can I...
  10. MSN apps and 3rd party apps crash when opened after the 1809 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MSN apps and 3rd party apps crash when opened after the 1809 update: I have a Dell Inspiron 13-5368 2-1 laptop. Dell claims it was successfully tested. Maybe true. At least the laptop boots up into the desktop. However, the first problem I had was that my customized desktop configuration was totally wiped out. After the update finished the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msn weather app not loading after 1809

2. after updating windows 10 to version 1809 apps close after i opened