Windows 10: MSN news on Taskbar - I paid for Windows, is it retroactively adware?

Discus and support MSN news on Taskbar - I paid for Windows, is it retroactively adware? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This seems to cross a line.We purchase Windows 10. Months later, after installing the latest update ostensibly included with original purchase for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TomRScott, Jun 27, 2021.

1. TomRScott Win User

MSN news on Taskbar - I paid for Windows, is it retroactively adware?

This seems to cross a line.We purchase Windows 10. Months later, after installing the latest update ostensibly included with original purchase for the "life" of the OS and I get this adware on my task bar with weather and links to MSN and an override for my default browser.Is it now Microsoft policy to retroactively turn Windows 10 into adware and install various unasked-for nickle and dime CPU sucking applets, some of which may change existing system defaults? - Tom

:)

TomRScott, Jun 27, 2021

2. I get notifications from MSN News, which I find offensive, how do i stop it.

Hello Shtymie,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with MSN notification. We will certainly help you.

• Have you subscribed to MSN News earlier?
    • Are you a paid subscriber of MSN?

If you are using the free version of MSN news then there is no option to turn off the notification. If you are a paid subscriber of MSN then you can even post your query in the MSN forum:

MSN Solution Center

Let us know the result. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 27, 2021
  3. msn news not opening

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

I would like to ask few questions about the query:

1) Are you able to login to MSN new and MSN Money on webpage?

2) Please confirm whether the account that you are experiencing the issue while opening MSN apps , is that a

Microsoft Account or a Local Account?

If its not a Microsoft Account then I would suggest you to configure your Local account into Microsoft Account.

if its a Microsoft Account then lets try to change the Microsoft account into local Account then re-sync into Microsoft

Account to diagnose whether it’s a Microsoft account problem or not.

Please follow the steps to change Microsoft account into Local account.

• Windows Key + I.

• Tap or Click on Account.

• Tap or click Email or User Account.

• Click on Sign in with Local Account or Sign in without Microsoft account.

• Type your Microsoft Account User name or Password.

• Type a name for Local User Account.

• It will prompt Sign Out for to make changes on the account.

• Click on Sign out.
    Once your account is change into Local account then restart computer and Sign in into Local account to sync or configure into Microsoft Account to check if it helps.

Hope this information is helpful.

Morris Subba, Jun 27, 2021
  4. MSN news on Taskbar - I paid for Windows, is it retroactively adware?

Adware Troubles

You can do it. Follow the steps here.

Remove Gen:Variant.Adware virus (Easy Removal Guide)

If it is not listed in the Control Panel, or it can't be removed there, move on to step 2. You might be able to skip the step with HitmanPro. (30 day free trial if needed)

Bruce Hagen, Jun 27, 2021
Thema:

MSN news on Taskbar - I paid for Windows, is it retroactively adware?

1. MSN news on Taskbar - I paid for Windows, is it retroactively adware? - Similar Threads - MSN news Taskbar

2. How can I get rid of MSN News on my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get rid of MSN News on my taskbar?: I recently reset my Windows 11 system. Now I have MSN News on my taskbar, and I can't get rid of it. When I right click on any empty space on the taskbar as instructed by Copilot among other sources, I do not have a News and Entertainment option - only Task Manager and...
  3. How can I get rid of MSN News on my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get rid of MSN News on my taskbar?: I recently reset my Windows 11 system. Now I have MSN News on my taskbar, and I can't get rid of it. When I right click on any empty space on the taskbar as instructed by Copilot among other sources, I do not have a News and Entertainment option - only Task Manager and...
  4. Edge with MSN news

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge with MSN news: I can not watch or view MSN news today but Edge wont let me, can you please help, I want to watch news. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-with-msn-news/bc91a7a3-af11-46c6-ae49-f911e70b11cb
  5. Edge with MSN news

Edge with MSN news: I can not watch or view MSN news today but Edge wont let me, can you please help, I want to watch news. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-with-msn-news/bc91a7a3-af11-46c6-ae49-f911e70b11cb
  6. MSN news tab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MSN news tab: I have MSN news tab opening over and over and over. Does anyone know what to do about it? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-news-tab/d9161dbf-8dd5-42eb-bb36-f76eda8ecd5c
  7. MSN news app not working

MSN news app not working: The msn news app which I rarely use has a circle that spins. and the window says an error has occurred. Refresh page. and then the same thing happens over again. I'm not intnerested in the news articles that MSN chooses so when I go to topics I have chosen or "my sources"...
  8. MSN News Feed

in Windows 10 Customization
    MSN News Feed: How do I remove the MSN News Feed in my Windows 10 Edge Browser? The MSN news Feed is not to my taste and I would prefer to use the BBC News Feed. If I can...how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-news-feed/b13b602d-6aab-49bd-b1f7-1baaefc6acd0
  9. Deleting Bing and MSN News

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Deleting Bing and MSN News: Hey, help me to delete Bing as a browser and MSN News https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-bing-and-msn-news/819818be-a4d7-4858-aec1-53526fc6e8c2"
  10. msn news app

msn news app: I'm using windows 10 and after a recent update my msn news app stopped working all of the other news apps I have seem to be fine sports, weather and the finance news app all work I've uninstalled reinstalled several times and all I get is an error has occurred try refreshing....