Windows 10: MSN news tab

Discus and support MSN news tab in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have MSN news tab opening over and over and over. Does anyone know what to do about it? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Plbuff, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Plbuff Win User

MSN news tab

I have MSN news tab opening over and over and over. Does anyone know what to do about it?

Thanks

:)

Plbuff, Oct 28, 2020

2. Edge new tab

Hi Niranjan,

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I did not see a direct answer in your response to Pat's question:

"How can I set new tab in Edge to google.co.uk".

Please rephrase your answer so an old computer dinosaur could understand it.

I believe Pat was asking how to have each “new tab” open to a specific web page; in his case to google.co.uk.

When I open a new tab:

• I DON'T want ‘"suggested content” which is like a MSN page with weather, news, and featured apps from Windows Store.’
    • I DON'T want a “Blank page”
    • I Do want the Google search page: google.com
    Admittedly, I’m new to Windows 10 and Windows Edge but it appears to me that Microsoft is making it very difficult (or impossible) to use non-Microsoft search engines
    or default to non-Microsoft web pages.

Hope you can dispel my concerns.

Thanks, Jack

JackThorworth, Oct 28, 2020
  3. msn news not opening

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

I would like to ask few questions about the query:

1) Are you able to login to MSN new and MSN Money on webpage?

2) Please confirm whether the account that you are experiencing the issue while opening MSN apps , is that a

Microsoft Account or a Local Account?

If its not a Microsoft Account then I would suggest you to configure your Local account into Microsoft Account.

if its a Microsoft Account then lets try to change the Microsoft account into local Account then re-sync into Microsoft

Account to diagnose whether it’s a Microsoft account problem or not.

Please follow the steps to change Microsoft account into Local account.

• Windows Key + I.

• Tap or Click on Account.

• Tap or click Email or User Account.

• Click on Sign in with Local Account or Sign in without Microsoft account.

• Type your Microsoft Account User name or Password.

• Type a name for Local User Account.

• It will prompt Sign Out for to make changes on the account.

• Click on Sign out.
    Once your account is change into Local account then restart computer and Sign in into Local account to sync or configure into Microsoft Account to check if it helps.

Hope this information is helpful.

Morris Subba, Oct 28, 2020
  4. EddoX Win User

MSN news tab

MSN News starts and then crashes immediately

I went back in your suggestions and tried this again. Still MSN News starts and fails immediately.

EddoX, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

MSN news tab

1. MSN news tab - Similar Threads - MSN news tab

2. Problem with comments on MSN news.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with comments on MSN news.: I tried to put a possibly helpful post in the comments on an MSN new article about spam emails, but it was rejected as it didn't meet 'Community Guidelines. Please would someone tell me what about this text fails the test?...
  3. Problem with comments on MSN news.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with comments on MSN news.: I tried to put a possibly helpful post in the comments on an MSN new article about spam emails, but it was rejected as it didn't meet 'Community Guidelines. Please would someone tell me what about this text fails the test?...
  4. MSN News displays white screen.

MSN News displays white screen.: When I press any article in MSN News at the bottom of a new tab, the screen of the article turns white. However, the taskbar is still displayed, the tabs, and the search bar still work.Just the article page is solid white with no text or images....
  5. Edge with MSN news

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge with MSN news: I can not watch or view MSN news today but Edge wont let me, can you please help, I want to watch news. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-with-msn-news/bc91a7a3-af11-46c6-ae49-f911e70b11cb
  6. Edge with MSN news

Edge with MSN news: I can not watch or view MSN news today but Edge wont let me, can you please help, I want to watch news. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-with-msn-news/bc91a7a3-af11-46c6-ae49-f911e70b11cb
  7. MSN news app not working

MSN news app not working: The msn news app which I rarely use has a circle that spins. and the window says an error has occurred. Refresh page. and then the same thing happens over again. I'm not intnerested in the news articles that MSN chooses so when I go to topics I have chosen or "my sources"...
  8. MSN News Feed

in Windows 10 Customization
    MSN News Feed: How do I remove the MSN News Feed in my Windows 10 Edge Browser? The MSN news Feed is not to my taste and I would prefer to use the BBC News Feed. If I can...how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-news-feed/b13b602d-6aab-49bd-b1f7-1baaefc6acd0
  9. Deleting Bing and MSN News

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Deleting Bing and MSN News: Hey, help me to delete Bing as a browser and MSN News https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-bing-and-msn-news/819818be-a4d7-4858-aec1-53526fc6e8c2"
  10. msn news app

msn news app: I'm using windows 10 and after a recent update my msn news app stopped working all of the other news apps I have seem to be fine sports, weather and the finance news app all work I've uninstalled reinstalled several times and all I get is an error has occurred try refreshing....