Windows 10: MSN or win 10 is slow to start or open

Discus and support MSN or win 10 is slow to start or open in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I am not sure here, but it seems after the July 12 updates my windows 10 is real slow to start or open my browser Either Edge or Firefox or the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by notsosmart, Jul 16, 2016.

1. MSN or win 10 is slow to start or open

Hello, I am not sure here, but it seems after the July 12 updates my windows 10 is real slow to start or open my browser Either Edge or Firefox or the weather app or Word program. I have to hit the the firefox task bar icon twice and after about 30 sec it will open two screens. Once it opens, it seems to work fine till I shut it down and want to reopen again.

Any buddy out there on this great form having the same issue or any advise?

Thank You

:)

notsosmart, Jul 16, 2016

2. Unable to start Edge or open Win 10 Start menu

Clicking the Edge icon in the task tray does nothing. There isn't even a flicker of activity in the Task Manager. Other applications (such as Firefox) start fine.

Attempting to open the Start menu spawns a "Start Menu has failed. Will attempt to fix next time you sign in". Popup leaves only a "Sign Out" button to dismiss.

Signing in/out and rebooting does not resolve the issue.

John A Lawson, Jul 16, 2016
  3. Unable to start Edge or open Win 10 Start menu

Hello John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the following methods:

Method 1:

I request you to try booting to Safe Mode and immediately booting back to normal mode.

Follow the steps to enter Safe mode:

• Open the Settings menu and go to Update & security > Recovery > Advanced startup.
      Clicking Advanced startup will restart your PC in recovery mode.
    • Click Troubleshoot to see your advanced options.
    • In the Troubleshoot menu, click Advanced options. Click
      Startup Settings to change Windows' startup behavior.
    • In the Startup Settings menu, click the Restart button to restart your PC. Your PC will now restart.
    • To start up in Safe Mode with networking, press
      or F5.
    Method 2:

If you are running a 3rd-party antivirus software, we recommend uninstalling and then reinstalling the antivirus software, as this may also provide a workaround
    for this problem. The easiest way to uninstall an app is to find it in the Start menu’s app list, right-click the app, and select
    Uninstall.

Method 3:

You may try to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Start menu and then click on Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and press Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jul 16, 2016
Thema:

MSN or win 10 is slow to start or open

1. MSN or win 10 is slow to start or open - Similar Threads - MSN slow start

2. WIN 11 - MICROSOFT START INSTEAD OF MSN HOMEPAGE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN 11 - MICROSOFT START INSTEAD OF MSN HOMEPAGE: Just clicked on "MSN UK.." and ended up with MICROSOFT START, despite everything having been O.K. a few minutes before.How much more messing-about do Users have to endure?...
  3. WIN 11 - MICROSOFT START INSTEAD OF MSN HOMEPAGE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIN 11 - MICROSOFT START INSTEAD OF MSN HOMEPAGE: Just clicked on "MSN UK.." and ended up with MICROSOFT START, despite everything having been O.K. a few minutes before.How much more messing-about do Users have to endure?...
  4. Win 10 slow start, due to LanguageClient delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 slow start, due to LanguageClient delay: Hi last few days I believe after a Windows 10 update I get a slow boot with the blue windows logo there for a long time. Running SFC /scannow shows this message: 2023-08-06 07:44:14, Info CBS Session: 31049777_1784117915 initialized by client LanguageSettings, external...
  5. Win 10 slow start, due to LanguageClient delay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 slow start, due to LanguageClient delay: Hi last few days I believe after a Windows 10 update I get a slow boot with the blue windows logo there for a long time. Running SFC /scannow shows this message: 2023-08-06 07:44:14, Info CBS Session: 31049777_1784117915 initialized by client LanguageSettings, external...
  6. Win 10 slow start, due to LanguageClient delay

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Msn email automatically opens with computer start up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Msn email automatically opens with computer start up: Hi, My new HP laptop with Windows 10 boots up and my msn e-mail account is already open, which is not what I want. I want to manually go to hotmail.com and log in with username and password. In other words, my e-mail never really logs out even when I do log out of...
  8. Win 10 slow to open network in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 slow to open network in File Explorer: This is a small but annoying problem. When I click on the "Network" link in File Explorer, it takes a long time to open. It's only a couple of minutes but it seem to take forever compared to opening other folders. If I open the network from two other computers on the...
  9. Slow start after installing Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow start after installing Win 10 Home: I recently upgraded to Win 10 Home and now my computer start up is very slow. Anyone have any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-start-after-installing-win-10-home/36dea63c-f11a-4311-8935-0c638507d7c4
  10. win 10 slow start and shut down

in Windows 10 Customization
    win 10 slow start and shut down: I hope I'm in the right forum I have a win 10 pc with a hhd and ssd. Win 10 OS is installed on the ssd. both bootup and shut down (from the time I clicked shut down to the lite on the pc going off for shut down) would take something less than 5 or 6 seconds. Then shut down...