Windows 10: MSN page randomly opening no matter the browser

Discus and support MSN page randomly opening no matter the browser in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I read through a few suggestions on this matter and Stitches was the one that helped. Mine happened when i powered of my router, waited a minute and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Amstrum, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Amstrum Win User

MSN page randomly opening no matter the browser

I read through a few suggestions on this matter and Stitches was the one that helped.

Mine happened when i powered of my router, waited a minute and then repowered it, after 5 mins of sorting itself out, everything went back online and my PC opened chrome to MSN, my partner was on the Laptop and the exact thing happened.

I googled it and came across Ghosts post, reading through it i found myself more a little narked at Gregg for not only missing the issue but also his attitude.

I've worked in IT for years and not as a volunteer, but reading through stiches response i got an idea "power cycle the router and see if it does it again" low and behold it did.

Following stiches link and the instructions to edit the registry process i find now that power cycling the router brings nothing up, no random opening of my browser to MSN.

This, like many other features software switches are things that Microsoft enjoy turning on but giving no easy way to turn off, only recently i noticed i no longer had control of my graphics card thanks to Microsofts new nVidia App that quiet frankly sucks, had to find a way around that and whilst i was at it i removed a lot of your bloatware and found out that you were controlling my systems performance because that setting was ticked by the OS, once i changed that and altered my drive optimisation as well, my system is now running faster.

Windows 7 gave the user a lot more control over their systems, then came 8 which was alright, 8.1 which was a slight fix of 8 and then 10 which is 8 with a new look.

The updates and features you're cramming in to 10 is making it worse not better.

Sort it out or hire someone that can.

:)

Amstrum, Jun 30, 2020
  2. ghost1982 Win User

Web browser keeps opening to msn by itself randomly

Hi as previously stated this issue is not isolated to firefox it occurs with edge as well if it is set to the default browser. It does not matter what I use as a default browser this issue of randomly opening to msn occurs. A little help please.

ghost1982, Jun 30, 2020
  3. ghost1982 Win User

This issue occurs no matter what browser I use firefox edge chrome etc. Whatever is set as my default browser randomly opens to MSN which is not my homepage (thats google and I know how to set a homepage thats not the issue) I have never even been onto
    MSN. Please actually read the question it does help. So again what windows component is triggering whatever I use as a default browser to open to MSN with no user interaction?

ghost1982, Jun 30, 2020
  4. ghost1982 Win User

I said whatever is set as my default browser firefox edge chrome etc randomly opens with no user interaction to MSN, my homepage in all of them is google, MSN never sets itself as my homepage. Why is my default browser randomly opening to MSN all by itself?
    This has absolutely nothing to do with what is set as my homepage nor which browser I am using (MSN isn't a browser who said it was). There is a registry hack that fixes the issue but I'm trying to find out which windows component is causing it as I'd rather
    not hack the registry.

ghost1982, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

1. MSN page randomly opening no matter the browser - Similar Threads - MSN page randomly

2. msn home page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msn home page: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ohio-white-lives-matter-member-used-molotov-cocktails-on-church-in-attempt-to-stop-drag-shows-authorities-say/ar-AA19qE4F?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=04c84544851949a0a8683f3bd41341ed&ei=37what has ha[ppend to my home page...
  3. msn home page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    msn home page: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ohio-white-lives-matter-member-used-molotov-cocktails-on-church-in-attempt-to-stop-drag-shows-authorities-say/ar-AA19qE4F?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=04c84544851949a0a8683f3bd41341ed&ei=37what has ha[ppend to my home page...
  4. MSN Home Page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSN Home Page: Why can I not get My Homepage? When I click on my homepage button I get random cities in my state and all topics, not my selected home location and topics. It does not matter what browser I use....
  5. MSN Home Page

in Windows 10 Customization
    MSN Home Page: Why can I not get My Homepage? When I click on my homepage button I get random cities in my state and all topics, not my selected home location and topics. It does not matter what browser I use....
  6. MSN Home Page

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Firefox opens MSN randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firefox opens MSN randomly: Hi, I have firefox as my default browser, and have never used MSN. Randomly, however, firefox opens a new tab with MSN. This can be quite annoying after a while. Does anybody know what is going on? I have looked and seen other threads of people having similar issues, but none...
  8. Pages Randomly Stop on All Browsers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pages Randomly Stop on All Browsers: At this moment I'm completely livid because on all of my browsers, pages will just randomly stop loading and won't respond for like 30 seconds. I've tried a variety of websites and search engines. Google will hang, and while it's refusing to refresh or reload, DuckDuckGo...
  9. Opening Browser To Last Page On Startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening Browser To Last Page On Startup: Earlier I started my laptop and a video I was last watching on my laptop started playing at the sign-in screen. This was really embarrassing as I was in a meeting and the sound playing was from mid-fight in a TV series, so characters were shouting 'motivations' at each other....
  10. Internet browser opening automatically to MSN at startup

in Browsers and Email
    Internet browser opening automatically to MSN at startup: I've seen this thread before but it was a year old. I have Windows 10 with Mozilla Firefox. The home page is set to Google and Firefox is not in the start menu. Recently when I started my computer the browser automatically opens to the MSN home page. I have scanned my...