Windows 10: MSN Weather app on mobile does not open, uninstall option unavailable

Discus and support MSN Weather app on mobile does not open, uninstall option unavailable in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I decided to do a hard reset on my Lumia 830 while that option was still available from Microsoft. Everything went flawless except MSN Sports, News... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JeffRay1, May 20, 2019.

1. JeffRay1 Win User

MSN Weather app on mobile does not open, uninstall option unavailable

I decided to do a hard reset on my Lumia 830 while that option was still available from Microsoft. Everything went flawless except MSN Sports, News and Weather. These three apps would not open and the live tiles did nothing. I was able to uninstall and re-install Sports and News. However, no such luck with the Weather app.

When I touch the weather tile, I get two button options of "Get it Now" or "Get it Later". Get it now sends me to the store and tells me I own it and it is installed along with a "Launch" button. Press the launch button and it sends me back to "Get it Now" page. Press either "Get it Now" or "Get it Later" sends me back to the store. It is an endless circle.

If I go to my Apps list and long press on Weather, the Uninstall option is not available. Only thing listed is "Pin to Start" in a gray font and does nothing since it is already pinned to my start page.

What I have tried:

I have completed three hard reset with the same results.

I unpinned the weather tile and tried to launch from the apps list and get the same results as above.

I kept it unpinned and tried a soft reset. Still nothing.

Is there another way to delete this app that I am not aware of. I don't see a PowerShell option for phones.

Or is this an OS problem since Weather looks embedded.

Any help would be appreciated!

Build: 14393

:)

JeffRay1, May 20, 2019

2. MSN Weather App live tile keeps stopping

Hi,

Since you already completed the troubleshooting provided and it did not resolve the concern with the live tile of the MSN Weather app not updating, we suggest that you reset the MSN Weather app by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings
      app and then select System from the list of options shown.
    • Under the System options menu, select the option on the left-hand panel labeled
      Apps & features.
    • Under Apps & features, scroll down through the list of apps installed on your computer and locate the
      Weather app.
    • Select the Weather app and then click on the link "Advanced options".
    • Once you have the "Advanced options" menu open, click on the button labeled "Reset".
    • Once you click on the "Reset" button another prompt will show up notifying you if you would like to complete the reset. Just click on the "Reset" button to complete the process.

Once you complete the steps provided, we suggest that you restart the computer first before you proceed to set up the MSN Weather app again and also verify if the live tile will update properly or not. If the steps still do not resolve your concern we suggest
    that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to provide feedback from within the app and provide as much detail as you can to resolve the concern. Refer to the section in the article labeled "Send ideas for improving the app" for the steps to submit your feedback.

Feel free to reach out to us for further concerns.

Jordan Dom, May 20, 2019
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    App Update Issue (MSN Weather)

Hi Kieran,

This time, let's try to focus on the Weather app itself. first troubleshooting step that we can suggest is to reset the Weather app, and see how it goes. Here are the steps:

• Type Apps & features on the Cortana search box. Hit the
      Enter key.
    • Scroll down and click Weather.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your PC and see if it will update properly this time.

Another step that we can try is the Windows app troubleshooter. Feel free to check out
    this link for more information and download link.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, May 20, 2019
  4. MSN Weather app on mobile does not open, uninstall option unavailable

Weather App not working windows 8.1

I'm just recently begin to experience this problem...
    I'm running a dell Inspiron 17R with Win 8.1. I've had the machine since July 2015. The MSN weather app has worked beautifully until just a few weeks ago.

Just today I decided to do something about it.

I uninstalled the app, restarted the machine and reinstalled the MSN weather app. It worked for one session. When I went back to the app...it would not load...just the spinning dots.

I uninstalled the app, restarted the machine and reinstall the MSN weather app with exactly the same results...

Something has clearly changed.

Best,

jimzee1700, May 20, 2019
Thema:

MSN Weather app on mobile does not open, uninstall option unavailable

1. MSN Weather app on mobile does not open, uninstall option unavailable - Similar Threads - MSN Weather app

2. msn weather app language settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msn weather app language settings.: MSN weather app has a language which is not my preferred one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-weather-app-language-settings/69c032bf-9a0e-4009-ba69-a014a077432d
  3. MSN Unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSN Unavailable: I'm having trouble getting to The Microsoft Network MSN this AM. It was working before, I believe, but now it's not. I'm using Netscape aka Firefox ESR on Debian-esque Linux. Anyone else having trouble?...
  4. MSN Unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSN Unavailable: I'm having trouble getting to The Microsoft Network MSN this AM. It was working before, I believe, but now it's not. I'm using Netscape aka Firefox ESR on Debian-esque Linux. Anyone else having trouble?...
  5. MSN Weather

in Windows 10 Customization
    MSN Weather: I used to have MSN Weather on my desktop and Taskbar. After an update it has disappeared. I'm not even sure it is installed. Can anyone tell me how to find it and get it back on the desktop and taskbar?...
  6. MSN Weather App broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MSN Weather App broken: A few days ago I noticed the MSN Weather app stopped working for me. Specifically the forecast/home section is an infinite loading screen, same with favorites. All other sections seem to work. I've tried changing settings, changing permissions, location, and resetting the app...
  7. MSN weather

MSN weather: How do I uninstall MSN weather? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-weather/ee1b59c9-c6b7-4265-aa4c-08fc5e895928
  8. MSN Weather App Bug

MSN Weather App Bug: In the MSN Weather App, it shows "Cloudy" on Fahrenheit, but it shows "Light Rain" on Celsius. Why is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-weather-app-bug/f31cdab2-c9f5-455a-b83e-16f87f86e9b2
  9. MSN Weather

MSN Weather: After the last round of updates the weather apps favorites vanished I use open shell but have never seen favorites vanish before.Any clues why this happens? On 1803 with 10/9/18 updates....
  10. MSN Weather App not updating.

MSN Weather App not updating.: Anybody else's Weather App refusing to update? Mine's been showing the same temperature and conditions for the last 3 days. Its the same for multiple computers so I think the problem is with the data feed rather than the app. Just figured out that the problem is with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msn weather mobile app not

2. Mobail msn weather update

3. Mobail Msn weather setting

4. Mobail weather setting,
  5. Msn werther mobail com,
  6. Msn werther mobail update filde,
  7. can msn weather app be unistalled from windows 10 mobile,
  8. msn weather app not working windows 10 phone,
  9. unistall msn weather app from windows phone,
  10. msn weather on mobile,
  11. uninstall msn weather app windows 10 mobile