Windows 10: MSN Weather app stops after initial screen

Discus and support MSN Weather app stops after initial screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Community, as newbie I send a *Thumbs to all of you. And yes I have a problem with MSN Weather forecast. My Win-10 64bit machine allowed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 2busy, Aug 10, 2017.

1. 2busy Win User

MSN Weather app stops after initial screen

Hello Community,

as newbie I send a *Thumbs to all of you.

And yes I have a problem with MSN Weather forecast. My Win-10 64bit machine allowed to check the weather via MSN. All was fine so far.

Since a few days the MSN app opens followed by a bright screen showing the modern hourglass. Nothing else happens.

I did already de-install and install the app. Additionally I started the store repair routine which delivered the two files

- CBS.log (303 kB) and
    - Storereparatur.txt (142 kB).

At the end of the *.txt file I found

Der Wiederherstellungsvorgang wurde erfolgreich abgeschlossen.
    Der Vorgang wurde erfolgreich beendet.

*** Ende: 13 Uhr 06 - Dism Scans und Reparaturen wurden ausgefuehrt und die Meldungen in der Storereparatur.txt gespeichert ***

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*** Beginn: 13 Uhr 06 - Wsreset wird ausgeführt um den Storecache zu bereinigen ***

*** Ende: 13 Uhr 06 - Wsreset wurde ausgefuehrt ***

And the log file has this info:

2017-08-08 15:05:31, Info CBS Failed to internally open package. [HRESULT = 0x800f0805 - CBS_E_INVALID_PACKAGE]
    2017-08-08 15:05:31, Info CBS Failed to OpenPackage using worker session [HRESULT = 0x800f0805]
    2017-08-08 15:05:31, Info CBS Releasing offline store key
    2017-08-08 15:05:31, Info CBS Session: 30609479_60465294 initialized by client WindowsUpdateAgent, external staging directory: (null), external registry directory: (null
    2017-08-08 15:05:31, Info CBS Failed to internally open package. [HRESULT = 0x800f0805 - CBS_E_INVALID_PACKAGE]
    2017-08-08 15:05:31, Info CBS Failed to OpenPackage using worker session [HRESULT = 0x800f0805]

Any idea?

I also started the reliability test of Win10. No errors so far.

What else can I do? All your comments and tips are welcome.

Cheers
    Dirk

:)

2busy, Aug 10, 2017
  2. Arnab911 Win User

MSN Weather not showing on lock screen Windows 10

The default weather app i.e. MSN weather not showing on lock screen.

I have selected

show detailed status.

Enabled notification.

Enabled background app.

But nothing happens..but other weather app like strawberry weather, accuweather
    are working fine.

Then I reinstalled msn weather and it shows Washington DC weather by default on start menu and Lock screen also (without opening the msn weather).

THEN I have opened the app and select my location. Again its not showing on lock screen.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT!

Arnab911, Aug 10, 2017
  3. JSR8860 Win User
    MSN Weather App live tile keeps stopping

Microsoft Forum

Running Windows 10 Pro (version 1703, OS build 15063.632) and I can't seem to keep the live tile option on (or working) for the MSN Weather app pinned to Start Menu. After several days, my MSN weather live tile stops. It’s not turned off it just
    stops responding as a live tile. My "fix" is to uninstall the app and simply reinstall it from the Store. The app works fine for several days then locks up or fails to run as a live tile.

Any suggestions

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Store / PC

JSR8860, Aug 10, 2017
Thema:

MSN Weather app stops after initial screen

1. MSN Weather app stops after initial screen - Similar Threads - MSN Weather app

2. msn weather app language settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msn weather app language settings.: MSN weather app has a language which is not my preferred one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-weather-app-language-settings/69c032bf-9a0e-4009-ba69-a014a077432d
  3. MSN Weather lock screen detailed status stopped working after Weather app update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSN Weather lock screen detailed status stopped working after Weather app update.: I had selected the Weather app to show detailed status on the lock screen and it was working perfectly until 2 weeks ago when the MSN Weather app got updated with the new awful live tile, ever since then I can't get the weather information to show up on my lock screen, this...
  4. MSN Weather

in Windows 10 Customization
    MSN Weather: I used to have MSN Weather on my desktop and Taskbar. After an update it has disappeared. I'm not even sure it is installed. Can anyone tell me how to find it and get it back on the desktop and taskbar?...
  5. MSN Weather App broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MSN Weather App broken: A few days ago I noticed the MSN Weather app stopped working for me. Specifically the forecast/home section is an infinite loading screen, same with favorites. All other sections seem to work. I've tried changing settings, changing permissions, location, and resetting the app...
  6. MSN Weather app live tile stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MSN Weather app live tile stopped working: The update killed my Weather live tile. No matter what I do, nothing shows up. The app works only when I launch it. Here's what I've tried already: 1) toggled live tile on and off 2) logged out in the app 3) changed location, toggled location detection on and off 4)...
  7. MSN weather

MSN weather: How do I uninstall MSN weather? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-weather/ee1b59c9-c6b7-4265-aa4c-08fc5e895928
  8. MSN Weather App Bug

MSN Weather App Bug: In the MSN Weather App, it shows "Cloudy" on Fahrenheit, but it shows "Light Rain" on Celsius. Why is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-weather-app-bug/f31cdab2-c9f5-455a-b83e-16f87f86e9b2
  9. MSN Weather

MSN Weather: After the last round of updates the weather apps favorites vanished I use open shell but have never seen favorites vanish before.Any clues why this happens? On 1803 with 10/9/18 updates....
  10. MSN Weather App not updating.

MSN Weather App not updating.: Anybody else's Weather App refusing to update? Mine's been showing the same temperature and conditions for the last 3 days. Its the same for multiple computers so I think the problem is with the data feed rather than the app. Just figured out that the problem is with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reinstall msn weather