Windows 10: MSN Weather keeps defaults to an alternate city

Discus and support MSN Weather keeps defaults to an alternate city in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows Community Recently my MSN App has changed its default city location will in the Start Menu Lemay, MO [ATTACH] However when I open execute... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JeffReichman, Dec 22, 2020.

1. MSN Weather keeps defaults to an alternate city

Windows Community

Recently my MSN App has changed its default city location will in the Start Menu Lemay, MO

MSN Weather keeps defaults to an alternate city f8206b1c-0b73-4e3f-b486-ef76c1919921?upload=true.png

However when I open execute the app it defaults to the correct city - St Louis, MO. For the life of me I can't get the app to return to St Louis in the Start Menu. On all my other computers it remains at St Louis.

Thing's I have tried:

:)

JeffReichman, Dec 22, 2020

2. MSN Weather App live tile keeps stopping

Hi,

Since you already completed the troubleshooting provided and it did not resolve the concern with the live tile of the MSN Weather app not updating, we suggest that you reset the MSN Weather app by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings
      app and then select System from the list of options shown.
    • Under the System options menu, select the option on the left-hand panel labeled
      Apps & features.
    • Under Apps & features, scroll down through the list of apps installed on your computer and locate the
      Weather app.
    • Select the Weather app and then click on the link "Advanced options".
    • Once you have the "Advanced options" menu open, click on the button labeled "Reset".
    • Once you click on the "Reset" button another prompt will show up notifying you if you would like to complete the reset. Just click on the "Reset" button to complete the process.

Once you complete the steps provided, we suggest that you restart the computer first before you proceed to set up the MSN Weather app again and also verify if the live tile will update properly or not. If the steps still do not resolve your concern we suggest
    that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to provide feedback from within the app and provide as much detail as you can to resolve the concern. Refer to the section in the article labeled "Send ideas for improving the app" for the steps to submit your feedback.

Feel free to reach out to us for further concerns.

Jordan Dom, Dec 22, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    MSN Weather App live tile keeps stopping

Hi,

Corrupted Windows Store cache is one of the possible reasons why your MSN Weather App live tile keeps stopping. We suggest that you try to reset the Windows Store Cache by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows Key + R key.
    • Type WSreset.exe and press the Enter Key.
    • Restart the computer and check.

If the issue persists, we recommend that you try running the
    Windows App Troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Dec 22, 2020
  4. MSN Weather keeps defaults to an alternate city

Cities in my weather app

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are having in setting up the location on the Windows Weather app. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 Version and Build currently installed? (Type
      winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • Where are you seeing this change on the PC?
    • Are you facing this issue in Weather app or MSN home page in a browser?

If you are facing this issue on the Windows Weather app, then we would suggest you to
    Change the default settings.

1. Open the Weather app and click on the
      gear icon on the bottom left corner.
    2. Under General tab. Click the radio icon beside
      Default location
    3. Then enter the location you want to set.

MSN Weather keeps defaults to an alternate city 2482bf9a-1a44-4db6-8732-9bbe2b41551e?upload=true.jpg

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

MSN Weather keeps defaults to an alternate city

1. MSN Weather keeps defaults to an alternate city - Similar Threads - MSN Weather keeps

2. MSN Weather crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSN Weather crash: Hello.I have had some crashes in the MSN Weather program.This is the WinDbg report from the last crash. The failing instruction:3a38.25ec: Unknown exception - code c000027b !!! second chance !!! KERNELBASE!RaiseFailFastException+0x152: 00007ffe`2904db22 0f1f440000 nop dword...
  3. MSN Weather crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSN Weather crash: Hello.I have had some crashes in the MSN Weather program.This is the WinDbg report from the last crash. The failing instruction:3a38.25ec: Unknown exception - code c000027b !!! second chance !!! KERNELBASE!RaiseFailFastException+0x152: 00007ffe`2904db22 0f1f440000 nop dword...
  4. MSN Weather

in Windows 10 Customization
    MSN Weather: I used to have MSN Weather on my desktop and Taskbar. After an update it has disappeared. I'm not even sure it is installed. Can anyone tell me how to find it and get it back on the desktop and taskbar?...
  5. Cities in my weather app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cities in my weather app: I live in Waynesburg, Pa. For years I've had weather bug, weather app with no problemsminor maybe now all of a sudden my weather has me living in Ohio and shows weather for 4 or 5 towns in Ohio, I change the location back to Pa. and get my weather for Waynesburg, go to...
  6. MSN Weather on Taskbar

MSN Weather on Taskbar: I rather like MSN Weather. However, the only way I have of using it is to launch it from the Microsoft Store and minimize it to the Windows 10 Taskbar, from which it disappears. Is there any way to put it one the Taskbar so that is stays there, even after reboots?...
  7. MSN weather

MSN weather: How do I uninstall MSN weather? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-weather/ee1b59c9-c6b7-4265-aa4c-08fc5e895928
  8. MSN Weather live tile defaults to Washington DC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSN Weather live tile defaults to Washington DC: Forum The other day my MSN Weather App started to show Washinton DV from the live tile. But when I clicked on it the app defaults to my locaiton (St Louis) . Closing it back down the live tile defaults to Washinton D.C. I've reset it, uninstalled it, searched the...
  9. MSN Weather

MSN Weather: After the last round of updates the weather apps favorites vanished I use open shell but have never seen favorites vanish before.Any clues why this happens? On 1803 with 10/9/18 updates....
  10. Location for MSN Weather

in Browsers and Email
    Location for MSN Weather: how do I change the location so it shows the weather for my location 25114

Users found this page by searching for:

1. MSN weather forecast.

2. How do I get MSN weather card to remain on one location

3. msn location

4. On msn weather how do i get it to default to my city of choice