Windows 10: MSN Weather lock screen detailed status stopped working after Weather app update.

Discus and support MSN Weather lock screen detailed status stopped working after Weather app update. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had selected the Weather app to show detailed status on the lock screen and it was working perfectly until 2 weeks ago when the MSN Weather app got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SolarFlame Gaming, Dec 27, 2020.

1. MSN Weather lock screen detailed status stopped working after Weather app update.

I had selected the Weather app to show detailed status on the lock screen and it was working perfectly until 2 weeks ago when the MSN Weather app got updated with the new awful live tile, ever since then I can't get the weather information to show up on my lock screen, this is really annoying me and I haven't been able to fix it, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the weather app, switching the app used for detailed status and back, what can i do to fix this?

More information:

I'm using Windows 10 Pro
    Windows 10 version: 20H2

Windows Build: 19042.685

Weather app version: 4.46.23151.0

:)

SolarFlame Gaming, Dec 27, 2020
  2. Arnab911 Win User

MSN Weather not showing on lock screen Windows 10

The default weather app i.e. MSN weather not showing on lock screen.

I have selected

show detailed status.

Enabled notification.

Enabled background app.

But nothing happens..but other weather app like strawberry weather, accuweather
    are working fine.

Then I reinstalled msn weather and it shows Washington DC weather by default on start menu and Lock screen also (without opening the msn weather).

THEN I have opened the app and select my location. Again its not showing on lock screen.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT!

Arnab911, Dec 27, 2020
  3. MSN Weather App live tile keeps stopping

Hi,

Since you already completed the troubleshooting provided and it did not resolve the concern with the live tile of the MSN Weather app not updating, we suggest that you reset the MSN Weather app by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings
      app and then select System from the list of options shown.
    • Under the System options menu, select the option on the left-hand panel labeled
      Apps & features.
    • Under Apps & features, scroll down through the list of apps installed on your computer and locate the
      Weather app.
    • Select the Weather app and then click on the link "Advanced options".
    • Once you have the "Advanced options" menu open, click on the button labeled "Reset".
    • Once you click on the "Reset" button another prompt will show up notifying you if you would like to complete the reset. Just click on the "Reset" button to complete the process.

Once you complete the steps provided, we suggest that you restart the computer first before you proceed to set up the MSN Weather app again and also verify if the live tile will update properly or not. If the steps still do not resolve your concern we suggest
    that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to provide feedback from within the app and provide as much detail as you can to resolve the concern. Refer to the section in the article labeled "Send ideas for improving the app" for the steps to submit your feedback.

Feel free to reach out to us for further concerns.

Jordan Dom, Dec 27, 2020
  4. Sivan R Win User

MSN Weather lock screen detailed status stopped working after Weather app update.

MSN Weather- lock screen not update the Data

Hello

I am using lumia 720 , I have set the MSN Weather for lock screen, The issue is lock screen background get changed but it not show the weather data.

Also confirm whether my phone support the glance screen for the MSN weather.

OS - Windows 8.1

MSN Weather - 3.1.4.438

Sivan R, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

MSN Weather lock screen detailed status stopped working after Weather app update.

1. MSN Weather lock screen detailed status stopped working after Weather app update. - Similar Threads - MSN Weather lock

2. MSN Weather Not Working Online?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSN Weather Not Working Online?: MSN Weather does not appear to be working. I've tried accessing it numerous ways however it keeps defaulting back to the main page. Anyone have any insight into this? Thanks :...
  3. MSN Weather

in Windows 10 Customization
    MSN Weather: I used to have MSN Weather on my desktop and Taskbar. After an update it has disappeared. I'm not even sure it is installed. Can anyone tell me how to find it and get it back on the desktop and taskbar?...
  4. MSN Weather App broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MSN Weather App broken: A few days ago I noticed the MSN Weather app stopped working for me. Specifically the forecast/home section is an infinite loading screen, same with favorites. All other sections seem to work. I've tried changing settings, changing permissions, location, and resetting the app...
  5. MSN Weather app live tile stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MSN Weather app live tile stopped working: The update killed my Weather live tile. No matter what I do, nothing shows up. The app works only when I launch it. Here's what I've tried already: 1) toggled live tile on and off 2) logged out in the app 3) changed location, toggled location detection on and off 4)...
  6. MSN weather

MSN weather: How do I uninstall MSN weather? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-weather/ee1b59c9-c6b7-4265-aa4c-08fc5e895928
  7. MSN Weather App Bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSN Weather App Bug: In the MSN Weather App, it shows "Cloudy" on Fahrenheit, but it shows "Light Rain" on Celsius. Why is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-weather-app-bug/f31cdab2-c9f5-455a-b83e-16f87f86e9b2
  8. MSN Weather

MSN Weather: After the last round of updates the weather apps favorites vanished I use open shell but have never seen favorites vanish before.Any clues why this happens? On 1803 with 10/9/18 updates....
  9. MSN Weather App not updating.

MSN Weather App not updating.: Anybody else's Weather App refusing to update? Mine's been showing the same temperature and conditions for the last 3 days. Its the same for multiple computers so I think the problem is with the data feed rather than the app. Just figured out that the problem is with...
  10. MSN Weather app stops after initial screen

MSN Weather app stops after initial screen: Hello Community, as newbie I send a *Thumbs to all of you. And yes I have a problem with MSN Weather forecast. My Win-10 64bit machine allowed to check the weather via MSN. All was fine so far. Since a few days the MSN app opens followed by a bright screen showing...