Windows 10: mspaint.exe attempting to access a documents folder.

Discus and support mspaint.exe attempting to access a documents folder. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Why is Paint trying to access a documents folder? That I don't even use? I might have overlooked this if it was the "Pictures" folder I also never use,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Pup W, Apr 12, 2024.

1. Pup W Win User

mspaint.exe attempting to access a documents folder.

Why is Paint trying to access a documents folder? That I don't even use? I might have overlooked this if it was the "Pictures" folder I also never use, but it wasn't. I'm amazed that Defender even told me this happened. Makes me wonder what is he doing behind the scenes unreported.Need an answer. A public one. And no, I will not send any more information that you haven't already acquired.If not this screenshot will go elsewhere. I promise. And it will be just one part of a list. So many "odd" things happening since I disabled your AI forceware and signed out of my Microsoft account on

:)

Pup W, Apr 12, 2024
  2. Fiream Win User

WinME and mspaint

Here you are. This is the fileset you are looking for.
    Put it in a new folder on your desktop, run the .exe inside the folder and it will extract the full MSPaint application. You can run it from within the folder, no need to install or replace anything. Even though it shows as a Win95 file it is functional in every O.S I've tried it in up to and including XP Pro. Surprised noone has suggested trying to upgrade to Vista.
    Good Luck,
    Fiream

Fiream, Apr 12, 2024
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 12, 2024
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

1. mspaint.exe attempting to access a documents folder. - Similar Threads - mspaint exe attempting

2. MSPaint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSPaint: Hi there,Is there any update on horizon to remove biggest ribbon in the world in MSPAINT 11? That is absolutely tipical for MicroSoft to "improve" software in most user unfriendly way. Why I cannot choose to have ribbon on the side or at least hide it? On my laptop takes...
  3. mspaint.exe attempting to access a documents folder.

mspaint.exe attempting to access a documents folder.: Why is Paint trying to access a documents folder? That I don't even use? I might have overlooked this if it was the "Pictures" folder I also never use, but it wasn't. I'm amazed that Defender even told me this happened. Makes me wonder what is he doing behind the scenes...
  4. Documents folder not pinning to Quick Access

Documents folder not pinning to Quick Access: It's a full clean install of windows 11 done yesterday. Everything is working absolutely fine but I accidently unpinned the documents folder from the quick access menu and I can't seem to be able to pin my most important Documents folder back in the quick access. I always...
  5. MSPaint last accessed folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MSPaint last accessed folder: Hi thereI have this peculiar problem where I want MS Paint to forget the last folder that was accessed, rather always show the user a pre-defined folder or any default folder. I searched in the registry and it has only the recent files listed there, but somewhere MS Paint is...
  6. MSPaint last accessed folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSPaint last accessed folder: Hi thereI have this peculiar problem where I want MS Paint to forget the last folder that was accessed, rather always show the user a pre-defined folder or any default folder. I searched in the registry and it has only the recent files listed there, but somewhere MS Paint is...
  7. MSPaint last accessed folder

8. Error attempting to redirect Documents folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Error attempting to redirect Documents folder: Windows 10 Home version: 19041.208 On a brand new machine, I have a 1TB SSD with System and Games partitions, and a 4TB HDD for storage. On my previous Win 7 system, I had a 64GB System SSD and it was ample once I created Junction Links to redirect my large Program Files...
  9. Access Denied Documents Folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Access Denied Documents Folder: I have a gaming mouse which is being denied access to my documents folder, I had some kind of issue like this before. . My security settings have given me occasional issue in the past. My only real concern is this program loads at start, I want it granted access to do...
  10. MSPaint?

MSPaint?: I'm confused. I thought Microsoft Paint won't be available for Windows version 1709. Yet I can still use it when I right click an image and press Edit. (FYI the program is still located in the System32 folder). Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that it's still there, but did my...