Windows 10: MSPaint?

Discus and support MSPaint? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm confused. I thought Microsoft Paint won't be available for Windows version 1709. Yet I can still use it when I right click an image and press Edit.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pepanee, Dec 11, 2017.

1. pepanee Win User

MSPaint?

I'm confused. I thought Microsoft Paint won't be available for Windows version 1709. Yet I can still use it when I right click an image and press Edit. (FYI the program is still located in the System32 folder). Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that it's still there, but did my computer upgrade properly?

:)

pepanee, Dec 11, 2017
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Dec 11, 2017
  3. pepanee Win User
    Thanks for the reply Shawn =) Awesome Avatar picture too by the way. The Aliens get winter too just like us Humans on earth lol.

I remember reading what you posed before, it's awesome Microsoft kept the program. Yet the thing is that they put it in the Store for if I want to download it. But I never went to the Store to get it; it stayed in my System32 folder. Yet also it does have the "‎September ‎29, ‎2017" modification date, which is pretty new.

Does your System32 folder have the same info too?

pepanee, Dec 11, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

MSPaint?

Yep, it's the same in my System32 folder.

Brink, Dec 11, 2017
  5. pepanee Win User
    Okay cool thanks for checking. Kinda strange how Microsoft 'kept' it in that folder. Probably forgot to remove it? lol. Anyways, thanks for replying.

pepanee, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

MSPaint?

1. MSPaint? - Similar Threads - MSPaint

2. MSPaint now defaulting to .heic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSPaint now defaulting to .heic: With Win11, MSPaintjust started saving as default .heic instead of .jpg. I'm scanning a bunch of photos which are saved by the scanner as .jpg. I open them to crop out any space around them in MSPaint. Afterwards, when I save it, instead as saving as the .jpg image that was...
  3. MSPaint now defaulting to .heic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSPaint now defaulting to .heic: With Win11, MSPaintjust started saving as default .heic instead of .jpg. I'm scanning a bunch of photos which are saved by the scanner as .jpg. I open them to crop out any space around them in MSPaint. Afterwards, when I save it, instead as saving as the .jpg image that was...
  4. How do I zoom in MSPaint?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I zoom in MSPaint?: There's another locked thread that says they're a slider lower right corner. I have no slider and View shows locked grayed out at 100%. Mouse wheel just moves me up and down in the image. How do I zoom now? Thanks.Dennis...
  5. How do I zoom in MSPaint?

How do I zoom in MSPaint?: There's another locked thread that says they're a slider lower right corner. I have no slider and View shows locked grayed out at 100%. Mouse wheel just moves me up and down in the image. How do I zoom now? Thanks.Dennis...
  6. mspaint is mirrorng automaticlly when opening

mspaint is mirrorng automaticlly when opening: my mspaint is mirrored, for example when I open a BMP file it opens mirrored. if I mirror it in ms paint flip vertically its OK but after saving it, it will open mirrored in any other app' and "correct" on mspaintalso when adding text to mspaint it looks fine until i exit the...
  7. mspaint is mirrorng automaticlly when opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mspaint is mirrorng automaticlly when opening: my mspaint is mirrored, for example when I open a BMP file it opens mirrored. if I mirror it in ms paint flip vertically its OK but after saving it, it will open mirrored in any other app' and "correct" on mspaintalso when adding text to mspaint it looks fine until i exit the...
  8. The mspaint and photoshop programs take a long time to start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The mspaint and photoshop programs take a long time to start: I noticed that the above programs are running with a lag of exactly 2 minutes. Processor during this time does not load the word completely Cycles in CPU does not increase. How is it possible to find out what is wrong? There are suspicions that it may be either the video card...
  9. The mspaint and photoshop programs take a long time to start

The mspaint and photoshop programs take a long time to start: I noticed that the above programs are running with a lag of exactly 2 minutes. Processor during this time does not load the word completely Cycles in CPU does not increase. How is it possible to find out what is wrong? There are suspicions that it may be either the video card...
  10. MSPAINT not workng in Windows 11

MSPAINT not workng in Windows 11: If I try to save a file in paint or open a picture file, it seizes up or crashes. If I right click on a file and select "open with", Paint3D is in the choices but not Paint. [Incidently Paint3D appears to be working.] I can use all the tools in Paint but I cant save the file...