Windows 10: MSRT wants to reset Chrome message

Discus and support MSRT wants to reset Chrome message in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am not sure if Soctuseer is my problem as I cannot find any trace anywhere - either in Task Manager or via Malwarebytes or full Defender scans. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rjhfandclf, Nov 22, 2016.

1. MSRT wants to reset Chrome message

I am not sure if Soctuseer is my problem as I cannot find any trace anywhere - either in Task Manager or via Malwarebytes or full Defender scans. I recently disabled Kaspersky IS 2015 (not uninstalled as yet, so has just upgraded itself to 2016 this a.m.!) and fired up Defender as an interim precaution. I had also deleted all Firefox traces and installed Chrome instead - this is all because I was having major and regular crashes that seemed to relate to one or the other. Since this action I have had no crash problems (so far - touch wood). But suddenly today I started getting a new pop-up box every time I start up Chrome (only) as follows:

MSRT wants to reset Chrome message [​IMG]

This appears over a faded-out and new opened settings tab. The link opens Chrome's own advice page on resetting settings. The last KB890830 update was on 09/11/16, so perhaps the new one will cover it? However, there are no other funny pop-ups or ads, so maybe not. If this is a genuine MRT warning, it doesn't make sense ... why now, and why Dec 2015?! The first time it came up I did reset the settings as they were newly installed anyway. But now it is becoming boring. Either way, I would like to stop it, if possible.

Any ideas would help - thanks.

:)

rjhfandclf, Nov 22, 2016

2. MS Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool keeps wanting to reset Chrome

When you scanned with MSRT, does it displayed any message?

Check extension in Chrome and see whether is there any weird extension or add-ons or anything related to MSRT?

What happens when you click on Learn more? Which page is being displayed?

Cyber_Defend_Team, Nov 22, 2016
  3. MS Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool keeps wanting to reset Chrome

I recently replaced Firefox with Chrome, and it worked fine for a few days, until suddenly a day ago when now every time I open it, it immediately opens a new Chrome Settings page by itself (faded out)
    and with a Windows MSRT warning to reset Chrome settings (as below).

MSRT wants to reset Chrome message [​IMG]

There is no heartbeat message sent for this; there is no malware present via malwarebytes; there is a clear full deep scan of the PC via Defender. It only seems to be in Chrome as IE 11 does not show
    it. The first time it happened I did try resetting, but it still came back immediately after reloading. All my updates are in place incl. MSRT.

NB Chrome says that this is a Microsoft problem.

I can find no other reference to this online. Has anyone any ideas how to get rid of this, as it is becoming very annoying?

Thanks.

rjhfandclf, Nov 22, 2016
Thema:

MSRT wants to reset Chrome message

1. MSRT wants to reset Chrome message - Similar Threads - MSRT wants reset

2. MSRT or MSS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MSRT or MSS: This is a curiosity question. I have MSRT Malicious Software Removal Tool, and I have MSS Microsoft Safety Scanner on my computer. I ran MSRT first with it doing a full scan and it found no malicious software. Then I ran MSS doing a full scan and it found 4 software...
  3. Question about MSRT results

Question about MSRT results: hello, so i ran the mrt and saw the results, i clicked detailed results and found this out so the question is, that all of this are malware?[Original Title: windows mrt]...
  4. MSRT over-reporting?

MSRT over-reporting?: HiWhile I normally depend on a 3rd party AV as an installed scanner and another 3rd party tool for secondary scans, today I decided to download and and perform a full scan using MSRT. The progress report shocked meThe scan result only showed 2 results, not 212 or more.One of...
  5. download of MSRT question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    download of MSRT question: 'Pause' setting in updates is now set at 12/25/2020. Among updates listed as ready are v 2004, which I don't want and the 'malicious software removal tool' KB45890830 which I DO want installed. If I use the standalone MSRT to install it will it affect the remaining updates...
  6. MSRT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MSRT: Why did update of malicious software removal tool reset my computer and delete all files. How can I not allow automatic updates windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msrt/092fd6e4-8880-4edf-8d45-658c09f3f3f4
  7. MSRT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MSRT: Malicious software removal tool downloads but does not run, even if I use "Administrator." How to fix, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/msrt/a5b96d59-8b54-498f-aa57-cf2e1ecd99bb
  8. I Want Google chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    I Want Google chrome: Ive got Windows 10 and I want to use google chrome as default browser ,everytime i open it ,it blocks where i browse to , ive heard the latest update has blocked google for edge which i dont like .surly the browser i use should be my choice ,so how do i make that happen...
  9. Chrome Messages and "Dings" virus?

Chrome Messages and "Dings" virus?: So i've been getting these popping up in chrome at random times: [img] [img] And i've also been hearing a "ding" noise that sounds sort of like the mario coin sound, but not exactly. It also seems to happen randomly. It happens sometimes with the message, and sometimes...
  10. msrt (mrt)

in Windows 10 Support
    msrt (mrt): How can I tell if I have the "Malicious Software Removal Tool" installed? 62820